new poems

Re: If you need someone

jthserra said:
To cover Darkmaas' spot, I'd like to give it a try. It sounded as if his departure was a temporary one, and if so, I'd certainly abdicate upon his return.

Let me know...

jim :)
You start tomorrow. :) Do you own a tie? You don't have to wear one. But we do require that you wear tight jeans when reviewing.

What? :eek:

Re: Re: If you need someone

WickedEve said:
You start tomorrow. :) Do you own a tie? You don't have to wear one. But we do require that you wear tight jeans when reviewing.

What? :eek:

and a black tshirt. doesn't there have to be a black tshirt???? :D

Re: Re: Re: Re: If you need someone

Angeline said:
shhhhh! we're gonna scare all the men off. lol.
Us? The little women of the poetry board? But we're so soft and sweet and we usually smell good too. How could we scare off the big, strong, hard men that come to this board? Never!

(okay, ladies. get ready for the ambush.)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: If you need someone

WickedEve said:
Us? The little women of the poetry board? But we're so soft and sweet and we usually smell good too. How could we scare off the big, strong, hard men that come to this board? Never!

(okay, ladies. get ready for the ambush.)

Ambush? Maybe, but which direction will they be walking? :heart:

"Indy_dark If you ever need a sub.... "

"jthserra been drawn to strong women. And leather... oh my."

lol, ok too much caffeine or not enough today
:p :devil:

Re: substitute

Indy_dark said:
If you ever need a sub....subSTITUTE let me know.

This is a good thread. I stopped reading all of the poetry here a long time ago. So much of it is just dribble. (yeah I know, my own work is probably included) Help me find the gems worth reading.

Hiya Indy and welcome to the poetry forum. There are lots of gems here, imo. I've been hanging around this place a few years (god help me), and I've never seen as much really wonderful poetry being posted here before. I think if you just read the poems recommended by reviewers here in this thread, you'll see some terrific stuff. Of course if you find other poems here at lit that you think are worth recommending, go for it. This thread is for anyone who wants to recommend lit poems--we just have a roster of regular reviewers to ensure that *someone* does it every day. :)

Have fun!
Ange :rose:

Rybka said:
The problem with that (besides being to concerned with a demonstrably erroneous system) is that you are locking in the "bad" votes and not giving the golemic software any chance to glean the goodies from the gook. :)

If you are being hard mouthed under your own banner (and not just at poetry sites) you might expect to be followed home by cyber-terrorists and the mass of the generally unwashed pubic. :) :p :)

Regards, Rybka

If I understand you correctly, she said in a puzzled voice, then that's even more reason to lock the votes. If it were, in fact, the great unwashed, then I wouldn't mind. But I happen to know it's not.

What does 'being hard mouthed' mean?

*hurriedly erasing over the scratchy places... planting flowers to cover it all up!

:rose: :rose: :rose:

Last edited:
New Poems on 01/18/04 (part 1)

There are 47 new submissions on this Sunday, and I bring one "spinner" as always.

For today's Oldie I bring a Senna Jawa poem from May of '02. It took far too many spins to find this one.
Senna shows us an example of spartan minimalism.
[not an angry...]

not an angry volcano
                a geyser of kennings

Wlodzimierz Holsztynski ©
1999-March

Having almost 50 to do today I am going to break this into segments again. I do wish Laurel would spread the poems more evenly over the week. It seems Sunday always gets inundated. :(
First up today is Wicked Eve mumbling, cackling, and madly prattling as she stirs her poetry stock, rebuilding her Lit. larder. This one will make you hungry for more.
To Prattle With Madness

. . .
She lives in the Bible,
with devils beneath her skirt,
a banshee when they tickle her.
Yet she's never embraced herself
where suns slumber down soft walls.
. . .
WE also writes Every God Darn Summer, which is a good poem but not frequently enough for most of us witch watchers.

svelte walker writes in the rain and starts off hard and driving, but then slows to an earth mother like, life giving pitter-pat.
many poems come from rain
this one too
a no longer dry place
this life
thought and schedules
wanting calm
seeing calm always almost
. . .
My third of this segment is by Alana Edgar, a brand new Lit poet who has her first two poems on view today. High School Spanish Teacher is a cute and fairly short open read that will bring a smile or two. Later on this poet to keep an eye on gets a little harder with Though His Head Never Spun Around, an Xtaabay reminiscent title. :) Go read this writer and VSF&PC.
High School Spanish Teacher

He taught me Yo hablo Español,
though I don't--not really.

I know that Mi nombre es Doña Maria.
Do my parents know this?

¿Cómo se dice...?
How do you say... whatever?

He said Jesus had greasy hair
and that people don't lay down
unless feathers come out of their butts.
Or maybe I didn't understand the language.

I left his class for two weeks, Mexico bound,
brought back piñatas and pesos.
Still couldn't hablo Español,
but I had a sombrero.

More later in part two.

These choices and comments are just the views of one person and I may have overlooked a poem that you will really like. Remember to vote and send feedback. Our poets need support.

Regards,                 Rybka

Last edited:
Fish, you have the wrong poem with the wrong title

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Though His Head Never Spun Around

He taught me Yo hablo Español,
though I don't--not really.

I know that Mi nombre es Doña Maria.
Do my parents know this?

¿Cómo se dice...?
How do you say... whatever?

He said Jesus had greasy hair
and that people don't lay down
unless feathers come out of their butts.
Or maybe I didn't understand the language.

I left his class for two weeks, Mexico bound,
brought back piñatas and pesos.
Still couldn't hablo Español,
but I had a sombrero.

Re: New Poems on 01/18/04 (part 1)

Rybka said:

First up today is Wicked Eve mumbling, cackling, and madly prattling as she stirs her poetry stock, rebuilding her Lit. larder. This one will make you hungry for more.
WE also writes Every God Darn Summer, which is a good poem but not frequently enough for most of us witch watchers.
Rybka
Cackling? I don't cackle. Well, not that much anymore. Though I'm a habitual mumbler and prattler.

BooMerengue said:
If I understand you correctly, she said in a puzzled voice, then that's even more reason to lock the votes. If it were, in fact, the great unwashed, then I wouldn't mind. But I happen to know it's not.
Who have you else to blame if you have antagonized a CT or created your own personal SNERT?

BooMerengue said:
What does 'being hard mouthed' mean?
With reference to dogs it means one that bites down too hard when it carries something in its mouth. - In this instance I was referring to blunt speaking with little thought to tact or sugarcoating remarks with smarmalade. ;) :rose:

You know I like your writings and enjoy your PM, but at times online you seem to not have the pelt to go with the palaver. You are outspoken and have interesting POVs. Why are you surprised when you upset some people who disagree with you and they attack because they cannot defeat your arguments or get you to agree with them? - "Whomever strikes the first blow has lost the argument."

Regards, Rybka

P.S.: You also protect your work from my comments. :) I do not mention poems that I cannot vote on.

Error Noted and Corrected.

Thank you for catching that so quickly. - Just an example of what can happen when you are hurrying because of the large number of poems that are new for the day. - Mea culpa. :(

Now on to the second part.

Regards, Rybka

<°)))><

<°)))><, thank you for mention.
you interupted my trains of thought.
here, I dump on you...

I know there could never be connections strong enough
for me to feel safe from falling again and again
like before and before that yet again
teddy bear hugs are worth millions
at this moment
little tiny moment

Substitute

Thanks Eve for the vote of confidence, but

I do not know anything about poetry.

Strophe?

Stophe me strophe me
give me the business all night long

thought Pantoume was something you put in your hair.

My comments are usually something nonsensical such as

"i almost forgot that I had feet when I read this poem it had me tripping off the chair"

but if anyone wants a day off I can also try to substitute as long as no one minds my not being able to review in the form as everyone is accustomed to. Perhaps it would be better than no review at all.

I also tend to skim through the cliche heartbreak or close to technical step by step description of put your penis in my vagina and odes to slaves but I could go with it. I am sure in the genre there are all ranges. Perhaps we should look on the toplist and see who is rated high with that category and ask them to come by and post when they can. I really do not know enough about the work to feel confident in formulating an opinion that would be worthy of sharing.

Also, I do hope that when you have time, you look over the ones that were not mentioned in this thread. Never know what might touch you personally but may not meet the standard of mention.

humbly,

AS

Re: Substitute

Anna, jump in any time with comments. I know I'd enjoy reading them.

New Poems on 01/18/04 (part 2)

First up in part 2 is The Names Of Burning Roses by Barnaby, a Literotica author, but a first time poet (and I love telling you about them). This poem would get a much higher rating if it were arranged more poetically instead of being in paragraph format.

Barnaby also lets us see his Toward the Distance today. I must assume that the formatting of both poems is purposeful, since they are so greatly different. - I am a great believer in arranging words on a page to create or enhance meaning/effect, but I do not feel that Barnaby's efforts in this arena have been successful. IMHO the author has weakened his work in both instances. :(
What do you think?
Edited to note that the author has stated that the formating choices were made by the powers of Literotica. Since I truly know how easy it is for formatting to get screwed up around here (Laurel does an amazing job at keeping things readable), I take Barnaby at his word and urge you all to read his first two poems when the edited versions appear.

jthserra uses erotic punctuation to write to Oh Steffi. I always did wonder why her face looked fat and flushed every time the moon was full. :) :p :)
. . .
And punctuation,
with your punctuation
Steffi, you were the first.
I first understood
the punctuation
when we touched:
My apostrophes caressed
your eyelids
with kisses,
periods dotted your cheeks
and I connected them
with glistening trails from my tongue.
. . .

smithpeter writes an understandable poem that makes scents to me. All you fans go read about sexual want.
. . .
place your face near mine
breathe across my breath
pour air

take my give
run like children
their first fire
SP also plays Music today in 3/8 time with a wrenching effect. :)

annaswirls and serves a Sunday Resurrection meal. An excellent meal, but I would like a fishy bag so that I can save the rest for later. A sweet repast, too big by half, but while Anna swirls she makes me reel. :) :rose:
. . .
Who are you?
Do you remember
how to make me real?

. . .

In what I consider his best of the day jthserra reminds us of where all the flowers have gone and what is left of younger dreams when we awake. - Go read this one and think of all the . . . "long time passing. . ." Of Flanders Field

End part 2

These choices and comments are just the views of one person and I may have overlooked a poem that you will really like. Remember to vote and send feedback. Our poets need support.

Last edited:
Formatting Errors

For the record, neither of my two new poems, THE NAMES OF BURNING ROSES and TOWARD THE DISTANCE ,were intended to appear in anything other than a standard formatting. For some reason, the LIT computers chose to screw them up. Corrected Edits were submitted first thing this morning and, hopefully, will replace the other versions by tomorrow. Please give them another chance. Thanks. Barnaby

New Poems on 01/18/04 (part the last)

Among today's interesting poems I find that Champagne1982 has performed an alliterative experiment with Greener Greenish Green She wrote a poem and began most of the lines with three variations/forms of the same word or homonym The other lines all rhyme. It is an interesting construct, but does it work as poetry? Go read her effort and decide for yourself.

steve porter claims you would have loved me then but says so solely in lower case and with no punctuation except one period and a bunch of ellipses. Perhaps he needs a date with jthserra's Steffi. I just hope Steve's punctual affectation is not anfectious. :)

I love Slivovitz and it goes so well with poetry and story telling. I thought I might learn more from echoes_s' poem of the day Polished Wine but no such chance. I am just glad that I did not earlier completely devour all of annaswirls' poem. I would not have room for all the food in this one. As usual echoes_s teases and plays with her food/words before she twists the fork at the end. :)

Breathless, gasping to speak
one syllable words
which race, cycloning common sense
as simplicity pants past one by one,
then held helpless in your grasp.

Les petit mort as you articulate,
forking pesto into succulent angel hair,
stir fry jumbo shrimp and charismatic onions.
Grilled steak, sealed and peppered,
wine and candlelight.

I set the table under your command
weak kneed, acquiescent…
the silver glitters as my fingers tremble,
casting kaleidoscopic illusory fireflies
reflecting my electrified heartbeat

Was it the misty bouquet of food,
deep bass vibrations or tremulous anticipation?
You?
Where is my wine? You polished the bottle
and opened another.
. . .

Finally for the day I paraphrase Gracie Slick and "Go Oxalis". :)
Read 'im and vote. start
every story starts,
every story does not end

over encumbered punctuation
lays heavy, leaves footprints
is reliant upon gravity
denies centrifugality
despite the obvious spiral twirls
into oblivion, so called

no badge is valid, only force
over head heated mastery of
womanly mystery and…

a little bit of special tea
herb that compliments
dark glasses and
more tea
. . .

As always, please go and read the rest of today's new postings on the New Poems page. These choices and comments are just the views of one person and I may have overlooked a poem that you will really like. Remember to vote and send feedback. Our poets need support.

Back