new poems

uhmm...dance with me Jim? :devil:
thanks, no, I can't read any illustrated, the same with my hearing. two noises combined, I cannot hear one. Weird, I know.

and finally we have

Rybka leaving a swirl of humor and double innuendos in his wake with Edgar Beaver

yes there is a word for dual meanings and he has hit every one of them in this poem...

:rose: :heart:

Go read the rest, I am doubly sure there are many missed and deserved to be read.

echoes_s said:
uhmm...dance with me Jim? :devil:
thanks, no, I can't read any illustrated, the same with my hearing. two noises combined, I cannot hear one. Weird, I know.

I dont think its weird, echoes, Im the same way..cant hear my husband mumble in the same room but I can hear the neighbors bumping a half mile away :D
and no, Its not selective distortion ;)

LOL, well, I am glad I am not alone on this one. I knew it wasn't selective because I would sit and concentrate so darned hard trying to hear....forget Waldo! :rose: :heart:

Anna, please check your pm's Hon...I have to take daughter to a birthday party. Be back shortly. Have a great day all! :rose: :heart:

echoes_s said:
and finally we have

Rybka leaving a swirl of humor and double innuendos in his wake with Edgar Beaver

yes there is a word for dual meanings and he has hit every one of them in this poem...

:rose: :heart:

Go read the rest, I am doubly sure there are many missed and deserved to be read.
I thank you for the mention. My B-muse still sleeps, but my A-muse stirs. The former morphetic, the latter mephitic. :)

Regards, Rybka

Rybka said:
I thank you for the mention. My B-muse still sleeps, but my A-muse stirs. The former morphetic, the latter mephitic. :)

Regards, Rybka

Good to see your V muse is still active

V being vocabulariac

AS<---getting my dictionary

Re: Anna's picks for the top half......

annaswirls said:
--------------------------------------
-------------------
Another one that caught my attention was Greed by RazzRajen

Something about eating minds makes me say "yeah"

Greed

Please go read them all, there are some gems in there... Read, comment, vote, send flowers, whatever keeps the poets happy and coming back to share their wonderful talents with us.....

And this is just my humble, untrained, sleep deprived opinion.....

Peace out,

Anna

Thanks anna for the mention and to those who commented on the musings that I indulged in .

Razz

Spinner!

Spinner of the Day

Parental Anger
by VanessaCarolyn ©

For parents, used to be parents and perhaps to be parents of the future

this humorous look at parenthood will remind us all to use birth control

Parental Anger

:)

Awwww, thanks for the lovely reviews of 'parchment puppy love'
Ladies.
:)
I'm glad my nostalgic feeling made for a great poem.
:rose: :D :rose:

New Poems on 01/25/04

There are 36 new submissions on this Sunday, and I bring one non-erotic "spinner" as always.

For today's Goldie I bring a poem from August of '02. It took at least two dozen spins to find a presentable poem.
More often than not the poems I choose seem to be by familiar poets. I just want to point out that this is not due to personal bias towards any individual, but rather toward readable poetry, and also due to statistical bias/weight because of the larger number of poems posted by some of the regular poets.
So here comes missing my children by Senna Jawa.
i was an elephant

supporting our home from outside

and when the psychologist

asked you why

did you draw me as an elephant

you said: because daddy always

works so hard

but the truth and the bottom line is

that i ended up

outside

wlodzimierz holsztynski ©

1991-11-23

Three of the "Still" challenge poems came early. Maria2304, Man Ray, and BooMerengue all snuck in today. Still, they are worth seeking out and reading a day soon. Three different distillations of one morpheme I will leave for the review of the challengemeister. I will also leave many of our regulars for others to comment upon. Maybe this will entice some new or infrequent fans or critics to come forward with their opinions (which are as good or better than mine). :)

The first to rise above the day's mediocrity is Angeline's now, safely, even if it may not her own.
. . .
no one hears
a swallowed song
. . .
Second to read is Judo with Fill Me (a sonnet) which is and does, and is worth reading because. Judo has been absent from the forum for some time. Hopefully she has returned for awhile and this is not just a fly-by.

2rivers shows off blue, a poem about an almost understandable cat that itself is almost. There are some interesting hairballs of imagery. Go read &VPCSF.
. . .
as soon as she is older
we will dance about the living room
living lives with her tail curling
in time to nothing I can hear
We do need practice on our head moves
to please the judges
. . .

A day for cats. . . Muneca flufffs erotically, bids us Come Hither and pounces.

Gatita is what he called me
The first time I purred in his ear
He doesn’t know how close he comes
Feline, sassy with an attitude

Come hither
Stroke my glorious fur
Watch as my back arches
Tail sways in a hypnotic trance
Pussy…

Sextet (6 - The Miracle of Sadness)
Perdita completes her sextet today. Previously she asked that it be viewed as one work. To do this you will have to put some time aside, get comfortable, and go read this rich work. Click here to visit Perdita's Lit. page and begin.

It must be remembered that the view is the same from both sides of the divide when both look at what has gone south. But that being said, you must go read Alana Edgar's Disney Family Night. If you are too young to feel it I envy you. . . but just you wait, your life will get this real eventually. - My pick for the day. :rose:
. . .
Honey, wait till you have an ex and two kids
and almost two decades of life since college!

. . .

And finally; deliciously_naughty has been around Lit. for awhile, but only recently has she begun to contribute a volume of poetry. of today's six poems, the one I would start with, if you are not familiar with this poet, is Teaching. There is potential worth encouraging in this writer.
When asked what I do
I simply reply, “I teach.”
. . .
I make a difference

As always, please go and read the rest of today's new postings on the New Poems page. These choices and comments are just the views of one person and I certainly have overlooked a poem that you will really like. Remember to vote and send feedback. Our poets need support.

Regards,                 Rybka

Re: New Poems on 01/25/04

Rybka said:
It must be remembered that the view is the same from both sides of the divide when both look at what has gone south. But that being said, you must go read Alana Edgar's Disney Family Night. If you are too young to feel it I envy you. . . but just you wait, your life will get this real eventually. - My pick for the day. :rose:
Thanks, Rybka. I wrote this after I came back from the Happily Ever After last night.

"new" new poem list rule:

icingsugar needs to post one poem every day.

that is all, thanks.

Thanks, fishguy, and others who mentioned my sextet. It was a really really long time in the making and I am glad to let go of it, though still feel like nitpicking, haha.

best to all,

Perdita :rose:

Nope, not a "fly by," but perhaps a "fly in." I've been too busy with life lately, and it seems to be rearing its ugly head again, but... Thanks Rybka. :kiss:

;)
- Judo

perks said:
"new" new poem list rule:

icingsugar needs to post one poem every day.

that is all, thanks.
Hey, that's not fair! You know what performance pressure can do to a guy. ;)

Icingsugar said:
Hey, that's not fair! You know what performance pressure can do to a guy. ;)

no I don't.

Please put describe in detail it in a non-rhyming poem
50 words or less
posted for tomorrow

;)

annaswirls said:
no I don't.

50 words or less
posted for tomorrow

;)

I might not understand it. He should probably try again Tuesday. :p

Rybka muchas gracias (and I love the idea that my mediocrity is a cut above--somehere in the stratosphere my daddy thought "that college ejicashun was worth it after all") :) :rose:

and JUDO doll? Smoochy smoochy.

Strawberrycutout1.jpg

Last edited:
Rybka, thank you for almost mentioning my accidental early posting of Still ;) :rose:

Last edited:
annaswirls said:
no I don't.

50 words or less
posted for tomorrow

;)
Done, and done. Ha!

(Well, almost. It became quite a long bugger at 240 words. Live with it.)

Back