WickedEve said:
sun: _Land (missing in action)
mon: JUDO
tue:
wed: OT
thu:
fri: Angeline
sat: Lauren.Hynde

I now know which days to try to fill. I hope Cordelia will do reviews again too. :)

I have been doing Sundays, and will do tomorrow. I am not sure about next Sunday because I have an eye operation scheduled during the week and am not sure how well I will be seeing.

Regards,                       Rybka

Good Luck Rybka

I'll do next Sunday's poems...

In the meantime, take this personality test; it's funny:

Silly Personality Test

And note my analysis (especially the part in bold!):

ARTIST
(Dominant Introvert Abstract Feeler )

Like just 4% of the population you are an ARTIST (DIAF)--creative, adventurous, and deep. Although you are an introvert, your dominant ideas lead you to assert yourself often--especially through your work. You actively put your creativity to constructive use, and because you are ruled by your heart you are less likely to be inhibited by logic.

You have an intuitive understanding of emotion and know how evoke it in others, but the real world can be a prison of foolishness and embarrassment if you don't get your head out of the clouds a little more. Also, you are 87% likely to write poetry. Please, for the love of God, stop now.

Last edited:
That's too close for comfort to the real me

EXPERIMENTER
(Dominant Introvert Abstract Thinker )

Like just 4% (4% again?) of the population you are an EXPERIMENTER (DIAT). Although you're slightly shy (admit it!), you love control. When a problem comes in your way, you stomp on it swiftly and decisively. You are bothered easily by failure in others and failure in yourself. You don't like people that you don't think are intelligent. Rather than arguing with them, however, you would just as soon ignore them altogether.

In relationships, you have a strong heart. And because you're introverted, people take you as someone they can trust. But the fact is that in addition to solving problems, you like to create them. So there's a decent chance that you'll cheat on a loved one. If you do, you'll likely get away with it.

You're a good person at heart, but then again, who isn't?

February 1st, 2003

After a day like yesterday, it would be to expect a slow down in the new poetry list. Fewer poems posted, some very good, one or two, I thought, very poor excuses for poetry.

The ones that drew my attention:

-------------------------------------------------
Domination
by silken_dreammaid ©

Dominator -

they do not understand.
They question my willingness
to submit to your slavery.

[...]

Silken continues to amaze me with her so often self-reflexive poetry. One of those poems that are just delicious to read the second time.

Complete Excerpts
by 03sp ©

bluish red
human hair,
lady fingers,
buried lady knuckles
and thumbs up to
mischief deep,

[...]

A textbook sp riddle. Those dangerously jagged fries would worth the read all by themselves.

Recalling Her
by WickedEve ©

He watches with memory,
filling in details
that lie beneath fabric.

[...]

A beautiful, loving poem from WickedEve.

Leaving
by WickedEve ©

You were there when life began,
your palm pressed to mine.
Twice you heard first cry,
now the last from me
as our hands slip away.

Time to sever.

It just doesn't matter
by cute stationery ©

I drop out of your life
and it doesn't faze you
You tell me to trust you
but you never speak the truth

Is it perfect? No it isn't. But the words stroke a cord deep inside, and if that isn't poetry, what is? A first time poster too.

No more tests!

Ok. I'm off that dopey test website for good. I've just discovered that the TV family in which I best fit is (sigh):

The Adams Family.

(I'm as weird as I always suspected.)

I'm in the same 4% as Eve. and way too close to reality for comfort also

Last edited:
Thursday it is!

Okay. I'll take Thursday. (I am putting this in my schedule now!) Just remember I am on Pacific Time, so it'll post later than you easterners are sometimes comfortable with.

And I must say how much I loved the Shadow Theater poems.

And, though I have no idea why I this is posted on the new poems thread, I took the test, and found it to be interesting:

MENTOR
(Submissive Extrovert Abstract Thinker )

Like just 6% of the population you are a MENTOR (SEAT). Some would call you the most powerful and influential of all people. Those people are wrong.

The reality is that you DON'T really WANT to impose personal views or beliefs on others. Yet you are extroverted and intelligent, and you like to get involved. So you help others with the pursuit of knowledge.

You're the reason that people say "teachers are also students." You are as much a learner as a master, and this satisfies you.

You won't die a lonely death, but towards the end you'll grow introspective, wondering if your life meant anything. This will last for decades, and you'll die after your spouse.

How depressing!

Introspecting,

Cordelia

I demand to have Tuesday! Remember, I'm the experimenter and I love control! And I'm a cheater. Jeez, thanks a lot for the link to that test, Angeline!

Originally posted by Cordelia
Okay. I'll take Thursday. (I am putting this in my schedule now!) Just remember I am on Pacific Time, so it'll post later than you easterners are sometimes comfortable with.
So are others. Don't worry about it, we're a patient bunch. ;)

sun: Rybka
mon: JUDO
tue: Wicked Eve
wed: OT
thu: Cordelia
fri: Angeline
sat: Lauren.Hynde

Eve, you might as well sign-up for Tuesday... ;)
edited to add: there you go! :D

Whoa, those test results are a little too detailed, aren't they? Almost eerie.

Last edited:
By the way, only 2 poems will be allowed to be submitted on Monday nights. And I will review the best one out of the 2 on Tuesdays. My rules, love them or... love them. (yes, I'm tough!)

So you're a control freak, cheater too, Lauren? You must be. The test says so.

I am. Or maybe not. That 'Are you a good liar' question was one of the first, so you can't really tell with me. ;)

But like I said... too close.

Cordie and Eve--

Bitch, bitch, bitch. Look on the bright side. At least you didn't discover that you really should be part of the Adams family. (I thought those kids of mine were suspiciously like Pugsley and Wednesday.)

Signed,
Morticia

P.S. And let me tell you that test is accurate. The real world has been a prison of foolishness and embarassment for me--almost on a daily basis...wait...that's since I had kids.

But at least I'm not a cheater control freak.

Last edited:
Angeline said:
But at least I'm not a cheater control freak.
Byatch

On a related note, although I'm not too sure on how it relates to new poems, I took the death test, and apparently I'll be around until October 13, 2062, at which time there's a 9% chance of dying at the hands of Alien Abductors and a 6% outside shot at death by Auto-Erotic Asphyxiation. Which is as good a way to go as I can think of in such short notice.

I won't comment on the most likely, with 29%, for being too close to my family's history for comfort, again

Last edited:
New Poems on 2/2/03

There are 25 new submissions today. A goodly number for a Sunday. Unfortunately the same cannot be said of the general quality. :(

However, 03sp gives us four new poems up to his usual standard, including a short tribute to the Columbia, approach.
"No place to stay up."
said some famed reporter
watching video of debris
scatter and drift from
where explorers should be

silken_dreammaid also holds to form with Sacrifice.
Place your heart at My throne,
let it beat in symphony
with the echoes of those before
who believed in eternity.

Thirdly there is Re-Weave __hindsight by ten1000shades.
I saw today a dragonfly.
Believe the gods have shown me for a purpose this beautiful sight.
Creature of the water from the beginning of its life.
Crawling forth into air and light.
Riding the wind with natural predatorial delight.
Flies as does my mind sometimes, it seems.
Little touches it if it so deems.
More powerful flier than any other that I've seen.
Ever sees the world from many facets.
Eyes consisting of ten thousand tiny glasses.
Perpective different of everything it passes.
This poet deserves to be mentioned if only for the length and number of his submissions. (Of which there are 10 today.) Much of these could be written in a tighter, more poetic form, but there are some very nice images as above. The author must know that this image is good because he also uses it in another poem he posted entitled "ReWeave", but his title "Babble" is perhaps the most apt. ;)

Nothing else caught my eye today. :(

space people

Thank you, Rybka
it was not a happy day for me, yesterday.

I was dusted by moon dust as a child
over tv
when Neil didn't kneel
but walked,

over and out

Rybka, Thank you for the kind comments and notices. :)

I don't check in here as often as I should, so thanks also for the previous reviews as well..

:)
silken

You should check more often. You're probably mentioned everyday LOL

And you should also get an avatar. :cool:

~laughs~

As long as they are honourable mentions.. but getting mentioned every day was not part of my new year's resolution.. ~grins~

An av?.. ~scuffs feet against the ground~.. Do I have to?

:D

silken

A few that caught my eye. - Judo ;)
---------------------------------------------------
A very simple, touching shuttle remembrance

[...]
deep in the heart of Texas
in the Lone Star state
lives lost living life they loved.

[...]

Human Remains
by
Rybka©
An interesting observance, worth a mention from first-time poster.

[...]
in a silence left for it
a roaring waterfall
reflecting rainbows
of my moods

[...]

Listened
by
Anais Nîn©
I've been looking for a message to send to the grieving families, but silken dreammaid has done it for me.

[...]
Mama,
I tried so hard to bring you a star,
but my reaching hands fell short;
and we became the falling star.

[...]

reaching
by
silken_dreammaid©
Be brave to look upon one's own.

[...]
Be aware, be warned,
For what's hidden, will give you a nasty surprise
As this self-confessing, brutal mirror
Flays away skin,

[...]

The Real You
by
neonurotic
An oil-painting I've seen somewhere, although, a little 'stony,' Angie.

On cobblestones
echo hollow feet
scraped smooth
by dull shoes
scraping worn
on snow on stones.

[...]

by
Angeline©

Thanks Ms. JUDO

An oil-painting I've seen somewhere, although, a little 'stony,' Angie.

Thank you as always, my friend.

You are very observant. I wrote that poem after looking at artworks done by Holocaust victims. I don't even remember how or why I stumbled into the site, but the work there is sad and moving. The "Simon" to whom the poem is dedicated is Szymon Szyrmon, an artist of the main drawing to which the poem refers (I actually had a bunch of them in mind), who perished in the Lodz ghetto.

There is also some incredible poetry at this site:

Shoah

although I warn anyone who is thinking of going there--some of the photos and artwork are very painful to see.

JUDO said:
A very simple, touching shuttle remembrance

[...]
deep in the heart of Texas
in the Lone Star state
lives lost living life they loved.

[...]

Human Remains
by
Rybka©
---------------------------------------------------[/QUOTE
Thank you for mentioning this poor eulogy.

As I have mentioned elsewhere, I was connected with NASA many years ago. I still follow our space program more closely than the average citizen, and I feel a personal loss.

Hmmm, I've been away from this thread for awhile and you've all become compulsive test takers. At least you're still finding good poetry for me to read.

PS I'm a mastermind who may come to control the world someday, but I have been advised not to learn German. Not to worry, I will die Dec 3rd, 2038 with an equal chance of dying from heart attack, cancer, and electrolysis (owing to my hairy nipples, I guess--I'm a man! They're supposed to be hairy, dammit).

I friend of mine took the test yesterday and it said he would die on February 7th 2003 with a 35% chance it would be from Alien Abduction. Should we worry?

Back