new poems

echoes_s said:
As Anna brought to my attention via email. Mojo did reviews on Tuesdays until Eve felt rested again. I could take Mojo's spot in doing these reviews and do my best.
Any suggestions, comments, objections...let em rip. I am all ears

:rose: :heart:

I think you would do a perfectly wonderful job on Tuesdays!

I always look forward to the daily review and feel sad for poems posted on days that get left out.

Go for it!

Syn :kiss:

So, what is the current roster anyway?

These I've seen reviewing lately:

jthserra (Monday)
Cordelia (Thursday)
Icingsugar (Friday) [color=888888]me, for the time being[/color]
annaswirls (Sunday)
(And now echoes. Whee!)

A little bit busy lately:
Eve & Lauren
[color=888888]but they be such darlin's that we be a-luvin 'em anyways[/color] :)

As I said before, I gladly fill in a blank spot now and then, but I'm not reliable on any assigned day.

#L

Dear Moderators.....

Hey there lovely moderating ladies,:rose: :rose:

I know you have been otherwise occupied,
but I hope you can help us out....

There have been some questions about who is doing reviewing when. There are people who are willing to step in, but no one wants to step on toes of the reviewers who are set for that day.:eek:

Sure, everyone is welcome to put up their opinions, but that is not the same as review review....
It is something that is very important to a lot of poets and readers here.
Many new poets stick around because of the welcome they feel from this thread.

[color=orange-red]Could I humbly request for the good of all:[/color]

A post under the *Welcome New Poets* sticky that includes
*the link to the New poem thread
*a list of reviewers
*a few guidelines for reviewing, including what to do when you cannot review

(Or perhaps a thread for this purpose?
I can help with this, look for Rybkas (Jim?)
suggestions buried somewhere in another thread...
and I believe there was a post about this before I came around)

What do you think?

Thank you!:)

Anna

:heart:

Thanks Anna!! for the mention, and you know what? I didnt know I was on hiatus, but lookin back, I guess youre right..I was just working in my yard, debating whether or not to put koi in my pond, but they might disrupt the little frogs, and the swimmers that I have no clue what they are, I think they might be dragonfly larvae... so I will leave it the way it is...

Okay, the poem, I got some WILD FB on that one, wheewwww :) I like it, I do I do :D but I had no idea people were so passionate about toes..and I will post a pic of my feet eventually, they are kinda cute, so I have been told anyway... and the story idea is a great one!! thanks...maybe I will start a foot fetish website, muwaahaaa, wera ten inch heels and crush lil bugs or something :devil:

thanks again Anna :rose:

holdin my tongue but it is too damn strong

annaswirls wrote
I have been putting off oxalis catapult quartet, and here I am at the end, and I am still not up for the task. Oxalis is one of my favorite writers here, always hits me hard, such a powerful writer.... I want an extension! I want to print them out and do a real review tying them together! I want a great many things!

I am going to post this now and come back and post the catapult series separate, hoping that oxalis will forgive me for pulling these out to deal with separately...like a teacher pulling that unruly (but quite charming) student into the hall for a few private words....

Okay Miss Anna,
I am standing down until sundown and then I must take over your catapult procrastination.
Someone needs to give them the attention they deserve :)
you seem a little stuck.

I like your knife. :eek:
Well not *your* knife per se, the chick in your AV's knife.
You like to play with sharp objects?
Or do you just like to tease? :devil:

Sweet Maria,:rose:
I do not want to wait until tan
to see your ten...

come on, girl
give up the boots
give up the nets
bare and ready for mouth
is as good as it gets...

Seattle :rose:

Re: holdin my tongue but it is too damn strong

SeattleRain said:
Sweet Maria,:rose:
I do not want to wait until tan
to see your ten...

come on, girl
give up the boots
give up the nets
bare and ready for mouth
is as good as it gets...

Seattle :rose: [/B]

oh my dear Seattle Rain
you do something twisted to my brain
You make me want to shuck off my shoes
and do things to you that I never thought I'd do

you are a wild, wild woman,
at least thats what I feel
from all your posts and occasional e-mail

I just have to say,
though I've never touched a woman
in a sensual way,
( except for a kiss, which was a near miss)
and I might just change my mind...
should you meander down South sometime,
anytime

:kiss:

maria

Seattle Rain,
Oh please take over the catapults, thank you for your offer. I will send the big old Ox man a personal note.
That is if you have time anymore, seems like you may be busy.

:eek:

Off to my big night out at the library.

Anna:heart:

Hi, it's Monday...

Before I start with the new poems today, I want to thank Anna for the kind comments about loved. The poem was written about a soldier I never knew, one who I read about, a Sgt. Richard Belicose who died in Vietnam at a time I was just beginning to understand the realities of life and death.

thanks again Anna,

jim : )

Last edited:
Hi... It's Monday

and we had 25 new poems posted for today 3/22.

There was one audio poem that was interesting and humorous. boxlicker101 wrote in iambic heptameter and read of a Crap Shooting Blonde take a peek and listen to the heptameter.

Sandspike brought several poems to us today, one featured Mr. & Mrs. Beach which wowed me with a killer first stanza:

"Royalty in alpaca and weejuns,
blonde king with khaki crown,
statuesque queen from robin's forest.
Soulful sound delivered
to armories and veteran huts."

Read it all...

Then take a taste of
Pour Me a Fantasy . A woman as a beer bottle? Honestly...

In a couple of unique poems Scattered Showers presents us a letter and a conversation, both in wonderful poetry. The letter speaks of Evan's Confession a wonderfully different poem.

I read another of her poems and thought... not too good. Then I read it again... wow, suddenly I saw a different poem, a wonderful poem of cabin fever and a well needed break... That welcome break comes in the form of an Okay Play Date . Read it, enjoy, comment and vote...

Liar found me out and is ranting about it. Wow... when he rants, he rants... take a ride on his rant'o'rama , read it and then dare to critique it... : )

Tathagata posted three very good poems... my favorite was Wondering . With the amount of comments he has accumulated, I think a lot of people liked this one. Read, comment and vote on this wonderful poem:

"and so we duel
through vanilla days
wasted nights
my thoughts and yours
in secret
never wanting to admit
that we hope to be caught"

Is just a hint of the poem.

With incredibly beautiful imagery Syndra Lynn presents stunning Lilac Dreams . Dream the dreams, experience her poem.

Echoes_s has been echoing with beautiful poetry. First she asks Where is She? with some internal rhyme and alliteration:

"A whore washed ashore
leftovers of before
contained self-abhorred
still alive, not yet absorbed
into gritted grain."

And then she has us
Weaving Tears
in a poem of friendship.

A work of art... a still life with copper wire is Annaswirls' latest poem. Look and enjoy.

Seattle Rain in another wonderful poem tells us to lookIn Between :

"flashlights search the sky
climbing up the light scatter
until the swirled staircase ends
in mist and glow"

beautiful images, excellent poem.

An finally... and I did read this before his rant... I want to highlight my favorite of this week. It rhymes it has meter and it works perfectly... Everyone read Terrafirma 2.Abandon by Liar. In writing a poem with couplets and meter it is very difficult to keep from sounding sing songy... Liar makes it seem effortless with his poem. It rhymes, it has meter and it is great...

And those are my picks of the day. Please, everyone read all the New Poems and find a gem I missed. Read, comment and vote.

And poets... lets be poetic out there.

jim : )

Last edited:
Hi, jthserra,
Thanks for the feedback and for the inclusion on the thread here. While we are at it, can you take a look at a poem I have posted on a thread in Authors' Hangout? The thread is "I Need Help" and it was started by a writer who is quitting smoking and asking for help, and many other writers are offering advice and encouragement. I wrote a poem about this and posted it on the thread and I have been thinking of submitting it. It is a bit of an inside story and I wrote it for the woman so I don't know if I will submit it or not. If I do, I will first update it because more writers have included comments since I wrote it.

Thank you jim for the mention and for your kind and generous feedback on my work.
it's always appreciated , informative, and encouraging
Thank you again

Jim, thank you for the ovewhelming reviews.

I guess that I should write more and think less, since those two poems were just spurious excercises tossed down on my keyboard without any real editing or second thought. 'Abandon' is really just words that sounds nice together. If they carried a message was kind of secondary. :)

#L

Jim:rose:

I know it is sexist, but I wish they had something I could give besides a rose, something more manly like a cordless drill or something, but roses are equal opportunity beauty...

Thank you for your support and encouragement in my writing, it is very meaningful to me.

Thank you to my Maria, BigT, Echo for your comments as well.:rose: :rose: :rose:

You all are among the reasons I keep coming back.

I hope I can help you even in small ways, want to stick around as well!

annaswirls said:

Thank you to my Maria, BigT, Echo for your comments as well.:rose: :rose: :rose:

I'll stick around just to hear you call me Big T...kinda turns me on.

;)

Thank you Jim, for your advise (very greatly appreciated!) and glowing words, hugs, smiles and mentions.
You have helped me from my very first submission here, giving me a few pushes along to way to keep going. :heart:
Where is she was created by one word which evoked the motion of the poem. I didn’t think it would really come out the way it did.
Weaving Tears is indeed about a miscommunication and the importance of friendship

Thank you Jim, Dreamsweet, Syndra Lynn, and Big T :devil: (grins devilishly) and yes it is ok, imagination was the inspiration…I would hate to think what would happen in actuality with Lover’s Keep
for all your wonderful comments and help with my poems. :heart:

Anna, don't you dare go anywhere!!! :catroar:
....pretty please :nana:
on to reviews next…this will take a bit as I just got home, finding out I am actually blinder than a marbled carved ear
:confused: :eek:
...and I thought it was the other's drivers fault, plus there is a legit reason I was speeding last week.must go find that officer :devil:

echoes_s said:
help with my poems. :heart:

Anna, don't you dare go anywhere!!! :catroar:
....pretty please :nana:

oh goodness where would I go?
not getting rid of me that easily
:p

where is that review Ms. Seattle?

annaswirls said:

where is that review Ms. Seattle?

I am confused, is Seattlerain doing reviews for Tuesday or was I supposed to?

spring has sprund, da birdies sung, where has echoes mind begun to fade and cast amoung

echoes_s said:
I am confused, is Seattlerain doing reviews for Tuesday or was I supposed to?

spring has sprund, da birdies sung, where has echoes mind begun to fade and cast amoung

I think you two should oil wrestle to see who does it.....
or maybe that's just me
:D

Tathagata said:
I think you two should oil wrestle to see who does it.....
or maybe that's just me
:D

You going to get in the ring and be our referee Big T? :devil: :rose:

echoes_s said:
You going to get in the ring and be our referee Big T? :devil: :rose:

Well if you insist.....
:kiss: :rose:

for the sake of the poetry ofcourse
not that i'd enjoy it or anything...
;)

tuesday

Hey Echo
cool AV
I keep thinking that I am imagining a naked woman in there
damn
and it is true

Anna was referring to the piece of her Sunday review I said I wanted to take over, which I never did, I am such a bitch.

(She sometimes talks around a subject and never really lets you know what she is talking about at the point, hmm?)

Please Echoes, you are Tuesdays all the way

psst I am not even responsible enough to push in and take one set of poems.

Seattle

:rose:

Catapult 12,3,4, damn it is hard to do a review of poems written to a lover for some reason. I feel like a voyeur. I can understand why Anna had a hard time with them. Oxalis leaves us both speechless. I wonder if he does this for his lover too. Damn and the bunny, the bunny seems to be looking for trouble.

Anyway, I feel bad for being such a bitch about it.
But not too bad.
bee shouldn't feel too guilty about it's sting
as it generally kills him anyway

I cannot open my eyes this morninng, so many good dreams I just want to go back and live them
Damn.

doesn't seem to be working

Seattle:rose:

Big T

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by annaswirls

Thank you to my Maria, BigT, Echo for your comments as well.

Anna
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tathagata said:
I'll stick around just to hear you call me Big T...kinda turns me on.

;)

Wow T Rex, you are easy, I am glad I did not have to get out the choke chain and leash.....

Anna

:heart:

Back