thank you for your mention of my poem
I had more in mind but wanted a thought or two left to mind and other parts

skill and words fail my weakness
proud woman so near a blend
of work and playing at working the other,
:rose:

Re: Re: And now a word about some new poetry

SeattleRain said:
Nice job and thanks for the mention Syn, but I have no idea why you thought my poem was about fucking strangers. I would never write such a crass poem

:p

We all see what we see in things. I usually have my mind in the gutter and therefore see the crass in everything. I still enjoyed your poem.:p

Please forgive my crassness.

Syn :kiss:

Thank you, SeattleRain...

for the kind words about my first poem here - and thanks to others who stopped to read.

Re: On Seattle

SeattleRain said:

I think Anna had a nice one about people dying in a boat and a candle that would not light or something. :rolleyes:

There were others.

But it is time to rinse the dye from my hair

Write on

Seattle :rose:
sunshine swallowed whole by annaswirls ©
I enjoyed it... it's definitely worth the read as are all of Anna's work.

- neo

Re: Re: Re: And now a word about some new poetry

Syndra Lynn said:
We all see what we see in things. I usually have my mind in the gutter and therefore see the crass in everything. I still enjoyed your poem.:p

Please forgive my crassness.

Oh Syn!
No no no, forgive *MY* sarcasm!

I always have this idea that everyone knows this because I am so sarcastic,
and everyone in real life knows this--
it is harder to convey on line.

I am such a bitch, you were *totally* on the money, it was all about fucking strangers. I am not smart enough to write one of those poems that has hidden meaning.

heart right there on my sleeve
cigars are just cigars
mmmm especially under desks....

Seattle

Re: Re: Re: Re: And now a word about some new poetry

SeattleRain said:
Oh Syn!

I am such a bitch, you were *totally* on the money, it was all about fucking strangers. I am not smart enough to write one of those poems that has hidden meaning.

cigars are just cigars

Seattle

Dear Seattle,
you are right about conveying certain *things* online, sometimes its very difficult..and I will be the first to agree that you are a sarcastic bitch, but actually, its kinda sexy :devil:

and I totally accept you and your sarcasm, but only as long as you keep pacifying me with those terrific poems :rose:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: And now a word about some new poetry

Maria2394 said:
Dear Seattle,
you are right about conveying certain *things* online, sometimes its very difficult..and I will be the first to agree that you are a sarcastic bitch, but actually, its kinda sexy :devil:

and I totally accept you and your sarcasm, but only as long as you keep pacifying me with those terrific poems :rose:

oh God Maria, don't encourage me
or I may let things get out of control.

damn why am I (what is the verb for what the hell I am doing here right now? :confused:
Not lurking or trolling, trying to get this terminology down,
not sure I get the troll part yet, someone has to explain that to me:confused:
but what the hell do you call it when you just waste away a beautiful afternoon posting on discussion boards?):confused:

at any rate why am I instead of actually writing a poem

riddle me this
riddle me that

hmm now for a topic

poetry pacifiers...

perhaps that might work....

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: And now a word about some new poetry

SeattleRain said:
oh God Maria, don't encourage me
or I may let things get out of control.

but what the hell do you call it when you just waste away a beautiful afternoon posting on discussion boards?):confused:

according to Pink Floyd, I think its called..
"fritter away the moments
that make up a dull day..."

SOOO, you been frittering, woman, fritter away, lay out in the rain or sumpin, write, for God's sake.... :)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: And now a word about some new poetry

Maria2394 said:
according to Pink Floyd, I think its called..
"fritter away the moments
that make up a dull day..."

SOOO, you been frittering, woman, fritter away, lay out in the rain or sumpin, write, for God's sake.... :)

okay our subject line looks like Ms. Franklins Refrain Re-re-re-re-re-re

Just wrote you a poem Ms. Maria
look for it tomorrow
"Pacify" hope you like.

Seattle

shorter of breath
and one day closer to death

Re: Re: Re: Re: And now a word about some new poetry

SeattleRain said:
Oh Syn!

cigars are just cigars

Seattle

No wonder I totally get your poems. Greetings sister sarcasm!

And bright blessings on your day.

Who reviews today?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: And now a word about some new poetry

Syndra Lynn said:
No wonder I totally get your poems. Greetings sister sarcasm!

And bright blessings on your day.

Who reviews today?

I review today. I am a west-coaster with a desk job, so the review gets posted late-ish on Thursdays. Deal with it.

It is, however, forthcoming....

Smooches to you Syndra, Maria, and SeattleRain....

Cordelia

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: And now a word about some new poetry

Cordelia said:
I review today. I am a west-coaster with a desk job, so the review gets posted late-ish on Thursdays. Deal with it.

It is, however, forthcoming....

Smooches to you Syndra, Maria, and SeattleRain....

Cordelia

Waiting breathlessly oh, Literotic one. I read them all when I have time. Today I didn't. Just wondering what everyone else liked.

And just where on the West Coast is your seething brain located?

Be well.

Syndra :kiss:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: And now a word about some new poetry

Syndra Lynn said:
Waiting breathlessly oh, Literotic one. I read them all when I have time. Today I didn't. Just wondering what everyone else liked.

And just where on the West Coast is your seething brain located?

Be well.

Syndra :kiss:

It is located, not coastally, but inland in Reno, Nevada.

A bit of trivia: Reno is further west than Los Angeles.

I read them all and opinions are forming as I type. They will be shared momentarily.

Cordelia

GO NEVADA WOLF PACK !!

new poems 3/25/04

I read all seventeen new poems today, and I must say that the quality isn't up to what I've been reading lately (but I may be getting pickier in my old age). But there are a few exceptions. Let me share them.

~~~~~~~
I loved the little Peek into echoes_s' life and bathroom. If I didn't have a review to finish (and kids to cook for), I'd draw a bath and remember to bring my notebook. A lovely poem.
~~~~~~~
And I think it would have been difficult not to keep the lump in my throat down when reading Icingsugar's avalanche. A touching poem, even when you don't know the story.
~~~~~~~
There was another touching poem today by Tathagata. Go read This Noble Truth and try to keep the tears back...
~~~~~~~
To break away from the sad beauty of the previous two poems, I highly recommend weave, feed, tease by Sibilaire. A romantic wild garden poem that brought out an unsolicited gasp when I read passages such as this:
My love, please
plant your garden without
empty seed packet markers on sticks,
make me guess what is to grow.
~~~~~~~
And, to further the erotic romp, go read oxalis's newest delight in his string of marvelous poems, sight to see.
~~~~~~~
And I am ecstatic to have silken_dreammaid back with us! And she's still writing amazing poems like Specimen.

silken? where's your wonderful poetry?
~~~~~~~
And finally, I want to direct you to Jester9, a new poet who shows us a glimpse into an interesting mind with his first poem on Lit, Dying a Little.
~~~~~~~

Go read, give feedback (especially to the new guys), vote, and share any poems you think I missed.

Hugs,

Cordelia

Re: new poems 3/25/04

Cordelia said:

~~~~~~~
To break away from the sad beauty of the previous two poems, I highly recommend weave, feed, tease by Sibilaire. A romantic wild garden poem that brought out an unsolicited gasp when I read passages such as this:
~~~~~~~
Cordelia

Dear Cordelia,

Thank you for the kindness you have shown our poems tonight. Are you sure the gasp was unsolicited? :)
I knew you reviewed Thursdays and was secretely hoping that you would enjoy my little poem. I have always enjoyed your writing and hope to see more soon.

Best to you,

Sibilaire

New poems Mars 26

Yup. I'll handle the Fridays for a while, until Ice feels he's up for it again.

Note: since I shove those reviews out early in the day, there might be more poems coming in later. Fear not, I'll take another round before I go asleepy tonightey, and if there's more poems there, I'll post another batch.

So...
Reviews - Part 1 of X:

Fresh in the Literotica poet ranks, with her debut just two days ago, is laelia. Today she offers three pieces of cool, smooth and consice poetry, where two of them were a notch over the third one.
a sharp poem made me wince, the imagery of dried blood on a cutting razorblade a really disturbing one. Which, I guess, was the intention. one is a soft, sensual poem with words land lines rolling like waves on a sandy beach. Lovely.

SeattleRain yesterday promised a poem on her sometimes uncontrolled sarcastic wit. Pacify deliveres, and impressively so. Sly, smart, and sexy.

Darkmaas is one cool gent, and his intelligent constuctions, comtemplative urbanisn style, and well balanced wit are easy to enjoy. Ashtray by Lalique is an outlook from an upper floor window at the dreams and trials of a wild heart in a glass cage. Written in perfectly natural and effortless rhyme.

Tathagata utters some Missing Sounds in a poem about communication, and how it's not always what you say that matters.

Tristesse gives us an illustrated poem with the name Arbutus, a title whose reference is totally lost on me, but that doesn't really hurt the poem, a vibrant, mythical breath of aeons in a presentation that is very pleasing to look at. A nice play with the picure's earthy colors in the text.

And last on the list we have jthserra, who just decided to write a poem that would gather up all the other (very good) poems on this list, turn them over its knee and give them the mother of all spankings. This is so good that it's not even inspiring anymore, just embarrassing to my own pen's inability. ;)
Skating Saturn's Ring
is without a doubt my pick of the day. Jim has given a long since gone solar system explorer a soul and a voice befitting it's cosmic perspective. It shoots like a star straight out of the event horizon and back. If this one doesn't have a bright, shiny H tagged to it by the end of the day, I'll give up sex.

Ok, no I won't. But it's a cool thing to say. :D

So, what now?
Read, vote, comment, interact, fall in love, write poetry, review, make out, eat chop suey, play video games, masturbate, write the great american novel, go fish, or whatever else you want to fill your days with.

#Peace
#L
#And understanding

Re: new poems 3/25/04

Cordelia said:

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
There was another touching poem today by Tathagata. Go read This Noble Truth and try to keep the tears back...
~~~~~~~

Thank you Cordelia for you time and your kind words.
I'm glad you enjoyed the poem though I didn't mean to make you sad
: )

Thanks again for the mention

Tathagata

And thank you Liar for your mention also.
That one just flew out of me and i wasn't sure it was any good.
glad you enjoyed it

Tathagata

Quote:
~~~~~~~
And I am ecstatic to have silken_dreammaid back with us! And she's still writing amazing poems like Specimen.

~~~~~~~

Hi Cordelia, it's good to be back too, and thanks for the nice mention.. ~smiles~

and i removed it all ages ago.. do you want them all back again?..lmao

silken

Hey Liar,

I want to call you something else. Lye? You are too kind to call Liar every time.

Thank you for doing the reviews again, and for mentioning my Pacify promise.

Don't tell, I really am a nice girl.

Seattle

Tristesse gives us an illustrated poem with the name Arbutus, a title whose reference is totally lost on me, but that doesn't really hurt the poem, a vibrant, mythical breath of aeons in a presentation that is very pleasing to look at. A nice play with the picure's earthy colors in the text.

Thank you, dear prevaricator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maria2394 said:
its a beautiful tree.. the bark looks similar to eucalyptus, are they related?

Hello Maria, funnily enough it's of the heather family.

Arbutus, also known as madrone, takes its crooked shapes because of how it has to cling to the rough terrain, rocks and fissures and also because of its search for sunlight bending around other trees for optimum sunlight. They can grow horizontally and every which way!

Here is an amazing feature: their leaves. Arbutus is the only deciduous tree (ones with leaves) that does not loose its leaves in the winter! It is an evergreen without needles, as are the evergreen trees like pines and spruces. What happens is that in the early summer, new leaves grow and the old ones fall off but the tree is never ever naked! It always has leaves.

Another special feature of Arbutus trees comes to light only in the rain! When the bark gets wet it glistens and shimmers as though recently waxed to a high sheen. The smooth bark makes the water on it dance with glee! So even in the most miserable weather of the “wet” coast, Arbutus brings joy to the beholder!

Back