new poems

how long does it take for poems to come out once they're submitted?
sometimes i write one and it's out the next day
and sometimes in two
but i've had one pending for 4 days and i'm not sure if i've not submitted it properly
is there anyway to find out?

thegirlfriday11 said:
and sometimes in two
but i've had one pending for 4 days and i'm not sure if i've not submitted it properly

It varies tremedously when submitted poems appear in The New Poems. Some times - if the format is less than simple or you've used a text other than Text ot Rich Text it takes longer too.
Audio and illustrated ones always take longer to arrive.

If there's a problem you'll get a notice in your profile where it said "pending".

How can I find tristesse?

thegirlfriday11 said:
and sometimes in two
Hi Tristesse. I'm awfully new with Literotica, and although I really love it, my being blind has given me some unique and aggrivating problems, like how to find what people send me with the thread links, and how to find the New Poetry link while inside the forem section. If you'd email me privately, I'd be eternally grateful. I know it's frowned upon but here's my Email address anyways. jkb@cookeville.com Thanks a bunch! Uncle Pervey, the "Dirty Old Man Extrordinaire!

Hiya Uncle Pervey! Thought I'd say welcome and we're neighbors... I'm just down the hill from you in Lebanon. Welcome to Literotica and I hope you enjoy it and settle in and stay!

thegirlfriday11 said:
thanks Tristesse

btw, i liked your God poem today

it inspired me
:)

You're very welcome.

I'm glad you liked my poem and to know it inspired you is wonderful.

:)

Re: How can I find tristesse?

Uncle Pervey said:
Hi Tristesse. I'm awfully new with Literotica, and although I really love it, my being blind has given me some unique and aggrivating problems, like how to find what people send me with the thread links, and how to find the New Poetry link while inside the forem section. If you'd email me privately, I'd be eternally grateful. I know it's frowned upon but here's my Email address anyways. jkb@cookeville.com Thanks a bunch! Uncle Pervey, the "Dirty Old Man Extrordinaire!

e-mail on it's way.

:D

Congratulations Neo for your well deserved letters next to your new poem. It should not go unmentioned, no matter what is going on in the world, here there and everywhere.

You are awesome

anna

annaswirls said:
Congratulations Neo for your well deserved letters next to your new poem. It should not go unmentioned, no matter what is going on in the world, here there and everywhere.

You are awesome

anna
Thank you Anna--I much appreciate that--you awesome thing you :rose:

- neo

EXCELLENT WORK--ANGELINE

In the swamp's distance,
the flesh house leaned
with my slanted perspective.
I was a clown - all feet,
stumbling along anticipation's path.

1. Subj refers.

Attachments

• 57chevy2.jpg
    57chevy2.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 12
Getting back to poetry...

With the events of the past week virtually crippling the people that have taken it upon themselves to review each day's new poems, I would like to step up and absorb a bit of the responsibility to ensure that each poem is read by at least one other person in our community.

There are a number of wonderful poems. Forgive me if I only mention a few. My opinion is only one voice. If anyone else feels there should be a poem or a poet mentioned, please feel free to add your harmony to the melody that is today.

On this day, Friday the 14th there are 19 new poems.

Take a visit back into Maria2394's garden and breathe deeply of that blessed air that comes from the fall of May Rain.

And if that isn't enough Food for thought you should listen to The8thMelody serve a delightful helping.

A new poet to Lit has given us a wonderful story poem, check out Not Forgotten by lostandfounder and find a spring romance.

JCSTREET has joined the list of Lit poets just recently and has been one of the voices not given his due this week. He's been busy sharing his poems and giving us someone new to enjoy. Thankyou and welcome JCSTREET.

The poets who never fail to impress are included in today's new poems too,

Angeline brings us Free Play

A Birth of Me is celebrated by jthserra

Uncle Pervey delights us thrice with his naughty look at whores and men in Damsels In Distress and I and I! and letting us all taste the sweetness with his Cunninglingus Candy.

Tathagata shows us just how fickle fate can be when doling out Fame

Wednesday and Thursday squeaked by unremarked. Please everyone go and read a few of these poems.

Last edited:
Re: EXCELLENT WORK--ANGELINE

JCSTREET said:
In the swamp's distance,
the flesh house leaned
with my slanted perspective.
I was a clown - all feet,
stumbling along anticipation's path.

1. Subj refers.

Is there more to this? Is this by Angeline, JC? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I like it. Cool pic, btw.

Kat :rose:

Re: Getting back to poetry...

champagne1982 said:
With the events of the past week virtually crippling the people that have taken it upon themselves to review each day's new poems, I would like to step up and absorb a bit of the responsibility to ensure that each poem is read by at least one other person in our community.

There are a number of wonderful poems. Forgive me if I only mention a few. My opinion is only one voice. If anyone else feels there should be a poem or a poet mentioned, please feel free to add your harmony to the melody that is today.
Thanks for being a darlin and doing the reviews today. I actually had my selection ready, but fell asleep before I had the chance to post it. :rolleyes:

But to not waste my key strokes, I'll post mine too. You have alteady mentioned most, but there were one or two others on my list that I'd like to add:

------------------------------------------------------------------
In no particular order:
Fame by Tathagata
In the infinite universe, everything happens somewhere...
[color=770000]Morrison sings, Kerouac reads, Lennon gasps
Kennedy freezes, a leper is healed, a swastika goes up[/color]
A poem of possibilities. Thought provoking.
Free Play by Angeline
Angeline glances back, at the world trough the eyes of an 8 year old. She made me close my eyes and wish the return to less complicated times.
Not Forgotten by lostandfounder
A wonderful little fairy tale. Unforced, kind, warm, mellow.
Monkeys Are Funny by Toward A Word
From a smile we go to a laugh. This is the lost twin to Toward's recent wit-fest Occam's Aftershave. Here he makes fun of people making fun of monkeys. Sounds weird? Read, and it will make sense.
Sweet Lorraine by JCSTREET
Sharp imagery and a sharp story behind it. Nothing more to say really. Go read.
A Birth of Me by jthserra
Sometimes, it can hurt to write. An interrresting and intriguing ride through the birth of poetry.
Path from Sadness by Syndra Lynn
A good thing to remember, in times like these. Syndra gives us her path, and a sincere, well put tribute to two helpers.

Everyone loves Champagne1982!

I just had to comment on your wonderful name, grin. You know it was an extremely good year don't you? thanks for your kind remarks on my prose! Uncle Pervey, the Dirty Old Man Extrordinaire!

To: Boo Merengue

You diverted me out of the forum for a good half hour to read your stuff - you have a fine voice - and you come across very warmly - very genuine

Carl

Wow!! Thank you JC! That was real nice!! I'll try to keep you side tracked more often! LOL

You've done us a fine service here LIAR

listing folks' poems for us to read

and i have read them all and voted on them all--so many fine voices--sometimews it takes my breath away as I sit here in Kingston Ontario on a late saturday night

because I see s clearly how other ppl share my fears and loves and hurts and elation

I feel this tenuous silver thread linking us all together in our coping our getting by our highs and lows

it's all good

Carl

Attachments

• bc2.jpg
    bc2.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 8
Re: You've done us a fine service here LIAR

JCSTREET said:
listing folks' poems for us to read

and i have read them all and voted on them all--so many fine voices--sometimews it takes my breath away as I sit here in Kingston Ontario on a late saturday night

because I see s clearly how other ppl share my fears and loves and hurts and elation

I feel this tenuous silver thread linking us all together in our coping our getting by our highs and lows

it's all good

Carl

Well said, Carl. :rose:

Re: Re: Getting back to poetry...

Liar said:
Thanks for being a darlin and doing the reviews today. I actually had my selection ready, but fell asleep before I had the chance to post it. :rolleyes:

But to not waste my key strokes, I'll post mine too. You have alteady mentioned most, but there were one or two others on my list that I'd like to add:

------------------------------------------------------------------
In no particular order:
Fame by Tathagata
In the infinite universe, everything happens somewhere...
[color=770000]Morrison sings, Kerouac reads, Lennon gasps
Kennedy freezes, a leper is healed, a swastika goes up[/color]
A poem of possibilities. Thought provoking.
Free Play by Angeline
Angeline glances back, at the world trough the eyes of an 8 year old. She made me close my eyes and wish the return to less complicated times.
Not Forgotten by lostandfounder
A wonderful little fairy tale. Unforced, kind, warm, mellow.
Monkeys Are Funny by Toward A Word
From a smile we go to a laugh. This is the lost twin to Toward's recent wit-fest Occam's Aftershave. Here he makes fun of people making fun of monkeys. Sounds weird? Read, and it will make sense.
Sweet Lorraine by JCSTREET
Sharp imagery and a sharp story behind it. Nothing more to say really. Go read.
A Birth of Me by jthserra
Sometimes, it can hurt to write. An interrresting and intriguing ride through the birth of poetry.
Path from Sadness by Syndra Lynn
A good thing to remember, in times like these. Syndra gives us her path, and a sincere, well put tribute to two helpers.

Thank you, Liar, for the mention. As a child I spent a lot of time on that playground described in my poem, and I was feeling like I wanted another day there--complete with a goodnight ending in my old bed. :)

Thanks to those who sent feedback and made comments, too. It is all appreciated.

:rose:
Ange

Thank you Liar...

for the kind words and mention of my poem Sycompant. If you haven't read the W.H. Auden poem I quoted, it is worth a read. Written before WW-2, it is something haunting to read especially after September 11th.

jim : )

Oops... the Auden poem I quoted was not on my A Birth of Me that Liar kindly mentioned, but on my poem that appeared today, Sycompant. Sorry if I got confusing there...

Last edited:
Ya got my vote, Jimmy, but Hey! Who is that guy??? And do people really pay for that stuff? (she said as her Puritan forefathers reared their heads!)

LOL... thank you Boo...

yes I did pay for that stuff. Bataille is a strange guy, his poetry is over the top, but hey... read my review of his Story of Eye... . This novel goes even further than the poetry, erotica at its most obsene...

jim : )

I just checked out

The new poem's list for Sunday and all I got to say is wow! 60+ for my first day of reviewing...

;) this is going to take me awhile

- neo

Back