new poems

Muffy!!!!

What a woman! I've been feeling terribly guilty about not picking up Mondays or Thursdays--especially because I know that workwise this is a bad time for Cordelia. (Cordie my apologies--I've been spread like so much mayo between the slices of the sandwich generation lately--cheesey analogy, hehe.)

This is great news, KM. Thanks! :)

Re: Muffy!!!!

Angeline said:
What a woman! I've been feeling terribly guilty about not picking up Mondays or Thursdays--especially because I know that workwise this is a bad time for Cordelia. (Cordie my apologies--I've been spread like so much mayo between the slices of the sandwich generation lately--cheesey analogy, hehe.)

This is great news, KM. Thanks! :)
We are sisters in guilt, Ange. I felt bad about it too but it's a busy time for me and I wasn't sure I could always do two nights. Glad KM is doing it. Talk about some neat reviews! I can't wait to read them. Oh, I need to submit something for Monday -- I'm feeling reckless. :)

Thanks...

Angeline --

Thank you for taking the time to read and review my poem. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

& of course thanks for the mention too ... :)

|neonurotic|

my dear Angeline

thank you for your comments and consideration.
your kind remarks even made me want to read them.

your friend,
sp

Re: Re: 03sp

KillerMuffin said:
I can take over Monday. I'm up when she updates the site anyway.

Ohhh, KillerMuffin! You are a savior!

Angeline is right about my life being busy. But I hated to see a day go by without someone mentioning the new poems. Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you!!

Cordelia

Thanks Angeline for the mention and the other stuff which has made me rather speechless...
thank you very much..

:)
silken

Thanks Angeline for the mention and the other stuff which has made me rather speechless...
thank you very much..

you're very welcome--that poem just got me thinking because clarity truely seems to have become a rare quality in all writing, but it's especially undervalued in poetry, IMHO.

:rose:

new poems 4/17/03

Eighteen new poems today. Slightly disappointing, too. I was only impressed with the following few:

~~~~~~~
silken_dreammaid's daily offering:

colours of the fall

It's nice to read about fall when it is spring here...
~~~~~~~
T.M.D. has an unusual poem in:

Beautiful Death

Unusual in its light touch for a dark subject.
~~~~~~~
And, of course, the daily dosage of 03sp:

the softly sweet:
sitting for sun

a poem which really should be categorized as Erotic:
are you cake?

and the wonderfully image-laden:
three voices
~~~~~~~

Go read and give feedback.

Regards,

Cordelia

Re: new poems 4/17/03

Cordelia said:
Eighteen new poems today. Slightly disappointing, too. I was only impressed with the following few:

T.M.D. has an unusual poem in:

Beautiful Death

Unusual in its light touch for a dark subject.
~~~~~~~

Go read and give feedback.

Regards,
Cordelia

Thank you agaain Cordelia for your kind words,
also thank you for syggesting feedback, which unfortunately in my case, is as rare as hen`s teeth, :)

While i ma here, may I wish all the poets who pst a very Happy Easter
regrds
TMS

April 18

Just a few I'll recommend today. There is a somewhat sad but lovely ode to the last death of winter and the rebirth of spring--Nymphalis antiopa by Rybka. Rain on Me by neonurotic is also very good; I always enjoy reading his submissions. There is a spate of submissions from 03sp, two of which I especially recommend: a digital tape, which you must listen to because it's wonderfully wacky, and--just in time for Easter-- what if, a series of suppositions from the one and only Sergeant Bunny, who's looking a bit surprised.

Last edited:
Just a commentary of what I have felt in the past month. Don't think that I will post it. Have a Happy Easter (if you celebrate that holiday)--AA

With each wake of a new dawn,
A greater hope is newly born.
The fighters continue to fight,
And the people continue to pray.
Each passing calamity ends in vain,
But each enduring struggle lessens the pain.
What seems as an eternal plight,
Is silenced to hear the birds sing.
Let loose the shackles of war,
And embrace newfound freedom.

Re: April 18

Angeline said:
Just a few I'll recommend today. There is a somewhat sad but lovely ode to the last death of winter and the rebirth of spring--Nymphalis antiopa by Rybka.
Thanks for the mention Angie, but originally it was not about the rebirth of spring, and it was entitled “Return of the Killer Butterfly”. :) As is often said; “write what you know”. Well, I encountered the butterfly on Sunday. I could see nothing for it to eat, and it was going to get well below freezing that night. So I wrote the poem. But next morning there it was again flitting about in the sun. I was so intrigued that I did a web search to identify it. When I did I learned that is one of about 18 species in the U.S. that hibernate and that was why it was here so early. It feeds on sap from broken bud tips at this time of year and individuals can live almost a full year. So I had to change the end of the poem. I decided to rename it and make it one of my “wildlife” series, like Loon or Black Capped Chickadee. Each of these poems is supposed to have a picture right below the title. But as usual I cannot get Lit to post an illustrated poem. I have tried since Monday. Finally I just withdrew the picture. Below is the picture that should have been there. Also, the title was supposed to be surrounded in butterflies. (}!{)

Regards,                                 Rybka

(
but054.gif

Angeline -> I thank you...

For the mention and the time you spent reading '' Rain On Me ' It is greatly... Appreciated.

|neonurotic|

Re: April 18

I need to second the mention of 03sp's a digital tape because it's much more than a wonderfully wacky poem (although it is). Like he had done previously in the illustrated poem category, he was now the first poet in Lit to fully take advantage of this medium. This isn't simply a poem with sound: the poetry is the sound, and can't be understood without it.

I don't know how many this makes, but here's another little
laurenschoice.gif
for you, sp.

;)

Re: Re: April 18

Rybka said:
Each of these poems is supposed to have a picture right below the title. But as usual I cannot get Lit to post an illustrated poem. I have tried since Monday. Finally I just withdrew the picture. Below is the picture that should have been there. Also, the title was supposed to be surrounded in butterflies. (}!{)
The reason Lit doesn't post your illustrated poems is because they have doubts about your copyright over the images. Did you take the pictures? If not and they're copyrighted, Lit's not going to publish them, or they would get in trouble.

In this case, you might have a chance, because this image comes in Corel Draw 10 Photographic Image CD-ROM, and I believe they made them public domain. You can add the picture now:

Submitting a new illustrated poem, only instead of creating a new story submission, make a new poem titled - "POEMTITLE - adding artwork". In the body of the poem, say something like, "I want to add artwork to my existing poem, POEMTITLE. I have emailed the art to submit@literotica.com. Please add this to the existing poem." Don't send a link, send the image as an attachment and make sure to mention you either own the copyrights over the picture or that it's public domain and where it comes from. It should work.

Also, you can try to change the title and explain the reason for the }!{ thingies. I don't think it should be a problem. (Just don't do both things at the same time, that could make some people confused :D)

Illustrated Poem

Thanks Lauren, I have tried all that at one time or another (including the title). All I ever get is a series of messages that either tell me to resubmit or lead to a "cannot find" message. I have never been given a reason, nor even a response to my e-mails to "submit" or the web mistress.

Nobody loves me. Everybody hates me! Guess I'll go eat worms. :(

Lauren.Hynde said:
I thought fish liked worms... :D
Of course we do! Don't you eat when you feel down? :D

Thank you Cordelia, a day late and I'm very sorry and you know it.

Thank you Angeline and LH, I like a little L now and again.

I feel good.
:rose:

April 19th, 2003

We have 16 new poems by ten different authors, today. It wouldn't hurt to check them all by yourself, but there are a few I just need to mention:

-------------------------------------------------
rhapsody in bleacher
by Cordelia ©
laurenschoice.gif

the sousaphones were platters of blat
you can’t spend a dollar in hell, no matter what color your fishnets glow
dust and popcorn mix surprisingly well in the nostrils
the leafbuds poked from twigs with a taste of gin
he looked around with a conspicuous nonchalance
(much like Barry Bonds might glance in Iowa)
and he sat behind me,
his leather pants making cricket sounds against the bleachers

[...]

Poems like this shatter the idea that your natural poetic element is rigid form, Cordie. Really fantastic imagery, and an excellent presentation. One of the best poems I've read in a long time.

circular flow
by 03sp ©

[...]

late wind,
early intentions,
gentle spanking,
leg spreading and
laughter quieted
for the petals fallen
to the bottom of the shadows
now recognized as ponds
of water saved for long
finger baths,

[...]

I found this to be probably one of the more sexually arousing poems by sp. Mmmm... well done. :D

Other poems I would also like to mention include A race by silken_dreammaid and a tear in the eye by BetaTrine_Flux.

Re: April 19th, 2003

Lauren.Hynde said:

rhapsody in bleacher
by Cordelia ©
laurenschoice.gif

the sousaphones were platters of blat
you can’t spend a dollar in hell, no matter what color your fishnets glow
dust and popcorn mix surprisingly well in the nostrils
the leafbuds poked from twigs with a taste of gin
he looked around with a conspicuous nonchalance
(much like Barry Bonds might glance in Iowa)
and he sat behind me,
his leather pants making cricket sounds against the bleachers

[...]

Poems like this shatter the idea that your natural poetic element is rigid form, Cordie. Really fantastic imagery, and an excellent presentation. One of the best poems I've read in a long time.

Thank you, Lauren! I wrote this one while watching a college football game last fall. I decided to re-visit it, and found I liked most of what I'd written. SO I did a little tweking and a LOT of cutting extraneous words, and here it is...

And I got the "L" I dream of! I feel a little dizzy.

I really believe my working in rigid form has improved my free-form poetry. Maybe this is evidence?

A million thanks,

Cordelia

Dear LH,
Thank you for your mention today and what you said has me buzzing a bit. Yikes!
But, what you said that is the mostest refers to another writer and I agree.

Cordelia’s rhapsody in bleacher , “One of the best poems I've read in a long time.”

Maybe an Award category?
RFP
Recommended For Printing
(and carrying around in your pocket or tightly clenched)

Cordelia's

poem is one of the best I've ever seen here.

really.

i am dazzled.

five stars ms. cordelia!

Back