new poems

Re: Bravo! Palau

perdita said:
... My best compliment is to read something and wish I could write it. ...
When I vote, that is my standard for a "5". :)

A "4" means better than average (either for Lit. or for the poet if I know her/his work).

A "3" is "just average".

A "2" is for really lousy poems.

A "1" is reserved for crap that also has spelling and/or typo, and/or grammatical/syntactical errors. Fortunately this category has decreased recently. The technical quality of the crap has improved. They must have discovered spiel-checkers. :)

Regards,                                 Rybka

Hello,

New dude here.

I wrote "Revelations of the Heart, a non-erotic poem and "Telling her the Truth", a non-erotic story.
I am really looking for some feedback.

Cool.

And congrats to Sweetsubsarah for "Ode to Anal".
Awesome work.

Peace.

Michaelwiseman said:
Hello,

New dude here.

I wrote "Revelations of the Heart, a non-erotic poem and "Telling her the Truth", a non-erotic story.
I am really looking for some feedback.

Cool.

And congrats to Sweetsubsarah for "Ode to Anal".
Awesome work.

Peace.
See the previous page of this thread. Your poem has already received a positive mention.

Regards, Rybka

Re: Re: new poems on 6/22/03

OT said:
thanks for noticing my little tribute to summer solstice. Seems like no one celebrates solstices anymore.

Great poem, OT!

And I celebrate solstice... just not with poetry. :)

Solstice requires a tribute more....errrrmm....celestial...

Cordelia

Probably as good an "erotic poem" as I have ever read on Lit. (IMHO) this should be the June contest winner, but it will need a lot of quick reads and votes since is starting so late in the month. So GET to it! Go read and vote on:
The Female Orgasm by guilty pleasure. R

Thank you Rybka ~ that is a wonderful tribute. I was in great company, there were some lovely poems, good reads.

New stuff!

Maria brought us a nice little poem that's after my own minimalistic heart. It also picked up an E. Gravity Sucks. I liked the double entendre, too. I don't think I can spell entendre.

There were several Delicious Poisons out today, but the one I personally all by myself like the best was by Cordelia. Several notables of the board have one up, I suggest you swing by the new list and check them out.

oxalis gives us a little taste of his particular brand of imagery today. I love this guy's imagery. broad axel grin

I'm sure they're are more out there, there wer 38 of them after all, but these are the only ones that really flashed in my pan today when I'm being cynical and premenstrual.

Re: New stuff!

KillerMuffin said:
There were several Delicious Poisons out today, but the one I personally all by myself like the best was by Cordelia.

Thank you, KM. Your opinion leaves me reeling.

I'm sure they're are more out there, there wer 38 of them after all, but these are the only ones that really flashed in my pan today when I'm being cynical and premenstrual.

I have to mention a couple I found worth a read:

I thought Angeline's Delicious Poison an incredible interpretation of the title.

And I smiled at oxalis' vinegar.

And I found a nice surprise with oh, honey by BooMerengue, a new-ish poet.

All in all, I was pleasantly surprised at the number of high-quality poems. Thank you all!

Oh, and KillerMuffin... I am doubly honored to have my poem flash the pan of the cynical.;)

Cordelia

Thanks Cordelia

by now you must have my feedback, so you know I concur with km about your poem (and I thought all the DP poems were well done, though the one by darkmaas was a bit spare :p).

I'm glad though that you mentioned Boo Merengue's poem. I really like her writing style and know she is a big poetry reader--I'd love to see more from her. :)

Oh and I am guilty guilty--I meant to mention yesterday that I loved OT's warm weather women. It's such a delightfully visual piece, and this stanza in particular was so observant it made me laugh out loud:

enter the shade and see
rollerblade-queen sashay around
frankenstein-walking rollerblade-rookie
garbed in pads that protect everything
except dignity

Last edited:
Re: Thanks Cordelia

Angeline said:
by now you must have my feedback, so you know I concur with km about your poem (and I thought all the DP poems were well done, though the one by darkmaas was a bit spare :p).

I'm glad though that you mentioned Boo Merengue's poem. I really like her writing style and know she is a big poetry reader--I'd love to see more from her. :)

Oh and I am guilty guilty--I meant to mention yesterday that I loved OT's warm weather women. It's such a delightfully visual piece, and this stanza in particular was so observant it made me laugh out loud:

enter the shade and see
rollerblade-queen sashay around
frankenstein-walking rollerblade-rookie
garbed in pads that protect everything
except dignity

Thank you Angeline! You have no idea what that means coming from you and Cordelia!

6-24

My favorites today:

Flower Song
by Angeline ©

Flower Song is a beautiful illustrated poem. When I first saw it, I was reminded of a very nice greeting card, you know, one of the expensive ones, but this poem doesn't read like a standard greeting card. Angeline, you need to work for Hallmark so you can improve their quality. :)
Anyway, click on the link in the title so you can view this poem and read words like: I can still be arched to the warmth of the sun in your eyes.

----------

nothing in common
by Palau ©

through green fields of combed
and pampered fescue
leading to a wide stream
too narrow to call river
blue and flowing south
with western leanings

This lovely read moves from the stream to animals on parade. Palau delights our minds once again.

Flower Song
by Angeline ©

Flower Song is a beautiful illustrated poem. When I first saw it, I was reminded of a very nice greeting card, you know, one of the expensive ones, but this poem doesn't read like a standard greeting card. Angeline, you need to work for Hallmark so you can improve their quality.
Anyway, click on the link in the title so you can view this poem and read words like: I can still be arched to the warmth of the sun in your eyes.

Thanks Eve. It's a hopeful poem and I felt really good writing it. And if Hallmark or their ilk wants to give me some money--ok, lol, a lot of money :)--I'm like so theirs. You hear that greeting card makers? My son is college age in two years--I'm ready to prostitute my art for you. :D

Angeline said:
Thanks Eve. It's a hopeful poem and I felt really good writing it. And if Hallmark or their ilk wants to give me some money--ok, lol, a lot of money :)--I'm like so theirs. You hear that greeting card makers? My son is college age in two years--I'm ready to prostitute my art for you. :D

LOL Ange! A distant relative of mine came to Nashville to write country music. To make ends meet he wrote for HallMark et al. He bought a house and raised 2 kids. Pretty nice prostitution job, I'd say! And I really like that one, too!

thank you eve,

it was a cool day that wind
blew the map out the top
down caprice,
the sky was stupid when asked
directions this time,
usually it responds at once
with breeze shoved cloud arrows,
it was wide open wander time.

Palau said:
thank you eve,

it was a cool day that wind
blew the map out the top
down caprice,
the sky was stupid when asked
directions this time,
usually it responds at once
with breeze shoved cloud arrows,
it was wide open wander time.

Holding my stomach and groaning... Wow! Palau! How I wish I could manipulate words that way!

New poems that floated my boat today ...

--------------------
The poem is just as unusual as the title. It's fun. Go read it.
Numnii, the slather of Chor laments by oxalis

--------------------
Too short to quote. Senna brings us pithy truth.
up or down? by Senna Jawa

--------------------
It's hot outside. The title says hot. It just felt right to mention this on a hot day.
I liked the foolish fan.

Hot by fabmax
am totally exposed
The rawness of every pore
Raises Goosebumps with
The air moving slowly
From a foolish fan
I close my eyes
And we are one again.

--------------------
Pick-of-the-Day:
It's sort of like Erotica for Geeks. Absolutely delightful.
Subatomic Terzanelle by Cordelia
Swirling in subnuclear confusion.
In orbit, strewn with hope and patient protons,
Ionize your will to spark that fusion
Lightly, as my kisses, touched by photons.

Lauren.Hynde said:
I absolutely concur. Get's better everytime I read it. :D
Sorry, I can't agree. The errors in physics put me off. :(

Regards, Rybka

Rybka said:
Sorry, I can't agree. The errors in physics put me off. :(

Regards, Rybka

Gosh, Rybka. I studied and researched well before writing this...

(then promptly rearranged the facts to fit the poetic form)

OT, Lauren....thank you! I thought I got a little too caught up in my own cleverness. But it was really fun to write.

Gratefully,

Cordelia

New poems 6/26/03

I have had an exhausting day, but I really enjoyed several of the new poems posted today.

So here's a quick rundown (hey...I'm tired):
~~~~~~~
My Libido Goes to the Symphony by perdita. Excellent imagery!
~~~~~~~
Último Beijo by Lauren.Hynde. You don't need to know portuguese to appreciate this incredibly beautiful poem.
~~~~~~~
Two wonderful poems from Palau:

we know (erotic poetry at its finest)
and
~~~~~~~
shift-enter by svelte walker
~~~~~~~
tandem by Maria2394 (the last line says it all! heh heh...)
~~~~~~~
And, finally, two from steve porter. Both contain fabulous imagery and are highly readable. My picks of the day:

the ancient connection
and
joe has nowhere else to go
~~~~~~~

Pardon the lack of commentary, but as I said, I am exhausted.

Read, enjoy, and let the author know it.

Cordelia

Re: New poems 6/26/03

Cordelia said:
I have had an exhausting day, but I really enjoyed several of the new poems posted today.

So here's a quick rundown (hey...I'm tired):
~~~~~~~
My Libido Goes to the Symphony by perdita. Excellent imagery!
~~~~~~~
Último Beijo by Lauren.Hynde. You don't need to know portuguese to appreciate this incredibly beautiful poem.
~~~~~~~
Two wonderful poems from Palau:

we know (erotic poetry at its finest)
and
~~~~~~~
shift-enter by svelte walker
~~~~~~~
tandem by Maria2394 (the last line says it all! heh heh...)
~~~~~~~
And, finally, two from steve porter. Both contain fabulous imagery and are highly readable. My picks of the day:

the ancient connection
and
joe has nowhere else to go
~~~~~~~

Pardon the lack of commentary, but as I said, I am exhausted.

Read, enjoy, and let the author know it.

Cordelia

thanks for the mention Cordelia :)

oh yes, and thanks to KM too for last week..I was at the beach..didnt even know till a while ago...

Back