new poems

WickedEve said:
I've only read one poem this morning, and it was Angeline's Giving Thanks. What a beauty, Angeline. Worth reading again.

Yes Eve, you are 100% on Angelines poem, its perfect :) I just finished reading all the new poems and there are some fantastic poems posted today, and YOURS is among them :D

A blessed day on the new poems list today, cant wait to read them again!!!

Eves Poem Taking Life in Stride

Last edited:
Angeline, that new poem left me speechless (and that's sayin something) :)

thank you for making this day shine Angel...

*lucky boy here*

:kiss: :heart:

Thank you all for the kind words about my poem; is it bad to say I am pretty darn pleased with it myself? ;) :rose:

There are so many good poems posted today, I don't know where to start. Eve's is marvelous, as is Linbido's--that's just a few off the top of my head. There's also a sweetly erotic offering from poetboy, incredible stuff from perks, smithpeter, razz, steve porter, jthserra, catbabe...sheesh just read them all and marvel at what we're all doing. I am so thrilled to be around you all.

Here's one link from me (but do do read them all)

Savannah Sky's

Black Rose Tanka

And ty eagleyez. You're a damn good muse, you are. :) :rose:

eve, he talks even more than i do--you need to have us over for a nice visit sometime, lol

New poems 11/27/03

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone (even the folks who don't celebrate it... we're thankful for you guys, too).

Since you all have started on the reviews, I'll keep this as succinct as possible, given the plethora of fine poems today.

~~~~~~~
My pick of the day, the oft-mentioned Angeline:

Giving Thanks

An awesome poem. I'm speechless.

(But also go read her other fine poem posted today: Mr. Utopia)

~~~~~~~
More must-reads:

By smithpeter:
commutation
body

two amazing poems from a poet who amazes on a regular basis

~~~~~~~
A terzanelle extraordinaire from WickedEve:

Taking Life In Stride

~~~~~~~
Definitely go read these:

Falling Up the Stairs by *Catbabe*

Bathing by Tammy Cant

regime by 2rivers

Trans Dermic Words by Linbido

Cable Stayed by jthserra

Smooth White River Stones by poetboy824

just another midtown addict
midtown barflies
by perks
~~~~~~~

I can't give enough thanks for the large quantity of high-quality poems.

Thank you!

Off to feast,

Cordelia

My pick of the day, the oft-mentioned Angeline:

Giving Thanks

An awesome poem. I'm speechless.

(But also go read her other fine poem posted today: Mr. Utopia)

Cordelia, my friend~

I have a kind soul that would give you thanks, and knows not how to do it, but with tears

King John, Act v, Sc.7

:kiss:

thank you...

I wanted to thank everyone for the mentions here... thanks destinie for the mention of "A More Perfect Motion", thank you eve for mentioning three of my poems... and thank you cordelia for your mention of "Cable Stayed". Who'd have thought that a poem of a bridge would catch anyone's notice, I guess Hart Crane had a good idea...

thanks again everyone...

jim :)

Jim,

I was born in San Francisco. Bridges are ingrained in my genes.

Awesome poem.

Cordelia

I can only agree with prior posters. This was an exceptionally good day of poems. I especially liked...
previously mentioned, and I'm too lazy to link:
...Cable Stayed by jthserra (when read out loud, it's far more then just 'a poem of a bridge')
...Giving Thanks by Angeline. (a future benchmark for writing dedicational admirational poerty)
...just another midtown addict by perks (just about as hard-hitting, edge-driven as it can get)
...Trans Dermic Words by Linbido (went sub-dermic on me)
and, introducing:
...somethings got to give by steve porter. (a sharp observation of an all too common scenery)

Re: thank you...

jthserra said:
I wanted to thank everyone for the mentions here... thanks destinie for the mention of "A More Perfect Motion", thank you eve for mentioning three of my poems... and thank you cordelia for your mention of "Cable Stayed". Who'd have thought that a poem of a bridge would catch anyone's notice, I guess Hart Crane had a good idea...

thanks again everyone...

you should read Cordelia's State Street Bridge...its lovely. I'll look for the link if she doesnt pop it right up here, k?

Cordelia-
On a day when “thank you” is not enough I realize that those two words are seldom if ever adequate to express how important the kindness and affection are that come from this place and hearts.

:rose:
sp

echo_s poetry...

Amid all the flurry of excellent poems over the last few days I spotted several wonderful, erotic poems by echo_s. Posting one poem a day, for the past few days she quietly snuck in here, completely unannounced. Take a peek at yours and Everywhere . These are well worth the read and I think echo_s is worth watching for...

Re echo_s's poems..

Wow..please excuse the mundane expression, but it's the day after Thanksgiving..*s*.

Thanks everyone who sent me feedback to my email and mentioned me here. These two bar poems were very personal to me, and difficult to post, as they're very telling.

thank you for the support. I appreciate it.

perks said:
Thanks everyone who sent me feedback to my email and mentioned me here. These two bar poems were very personal to me, and difficult to post, as they're very telling.

thank you for the support. I appreciate it.

I really enjoyed reading those poems-

That personal connection was evident-but that made them even more compelling.

Look forward to reading more.

Black Friday

is an American tradition I despise, probably because I don't like malls, though my AV has dressed for the occasion. I like downtowns. Does anyone remember them? We had one where I grew up, and it was very real and not climate-controlled. And let me tell you, on Black Friday where I come from, you snag the parking space at the mall that the other guy wanted, you maybe sleep with the fishes (no, not Rybka--the ones at the bottom of the East River).

But I digress, and do you know why? There are no new poems today. That's two weeks in a row. Some might see an ugly subtextual message in that (e.g., we don't want your reviews), but not me. I'm taking not having to do recommendations for the blessing it is, lol.

So we all have a vacation day. Go write a poem. Go on. :)

Angeline said:
you just made me snort tea. i hope you're happy.
That, my friend, is the secret goal for EVERYBODY on this forum. The diploma for a well done job is hereby reserved for eagleyez, until someone is arsed enough to write it...

Take heart Angeline...

It's not that the poems arent there... they are simply in stasis anxiously awaiting your eyes, your heart and your wisdom...

One of mine was posted yesterday afternoon but still hasn't appeared. Last week was like that too.

That, my friend, is the secret goal for EVERYBODY on this forum. The diploma for a well done job is hereby reserved for eagleyez, until someone is arsed enough to write it...

oh you have to encourage him, huh? :D

It's not that the poems arent there... they are simply in stasis anxiously awaiting your eyes, your heart and your wisdom...

One of mine was posted yesterday afternoon but still hasn't appeared. Last week was like that too.

jim

I'll do my best. I fear Rybka, who's filling in for Lauren tomorrow, is going to be doused with poems. We'll all help, I know. :)

leaving to BE a poem

clattering around with a
house full of boys

we found the
hipsters holiday
album-

chezzie says "terence, bloody hell, Miles on this one."

he only says it cause he knows you'd dig it.

the youngee says yes
and i smile.

I Fear So Too!

Angeline said:

I'll do my best. I fear Rybka, who's filling in for Lauren tomorrow, is going to be doused with poems. We'll all help, I know. :)
If it doesn't happen on Saturday then it will triple up on Sunday! (What is the record for number of poems reviewed in one sitting?) - I may get doused, but at least I can't drown! :)

Regards, Rybka

Back