New Weekly Challenge

yay, Ryan Black's had a shot at me challenge :D

I hope more lurkerers come out of the wainscotting and post their creations!

yay, Ryan Black's had a shot at me challenge :D

I hope more lurkerers come out of the wainscotting and post their creations!

dont think it is a "shot" as much as a premature sputtering. . . .but I like the idea of trying new things :D

and i'm very pleased you have

a bit of prem never hurt anyone i know of. :cool:

I am certain you and others will offer feedback for improvement and gentle critique---of course you know how fragile my ego is and that Im a bit of a blushing wall flower ;)

I am certain you and others will offer feedback for improvement and gentle critique---of course you know how fragile my ego is and that Im a bit of a blushing wall flower ;)

we're trying to save our comments for after friday 8pm GMT, the deadline for posting poems up for the challenge. after that, it's open for anyone to comment and offer their thoughts. :)

we're trying to save our comments for after friday 8pm GMT, the deadline for posting poems up for the challenge. after that, it's open for anyone to comment and offer their thoughts. :)

I will be on the road Friday (from tomorrow till the 24th overall), so I may not get to participate in comments. But it's a great challenge and I enjoyed writing for it.

:rose:

I can't believe Tess is trying to show me up! My poem is not yet completed, it just looks like it is.

Yo EPMD, throw in a 'their' or something in your last line.

I will be on the road Friday (from tomorrow till the 24th overall), so I may not get to participate in comments. But it's a great challenge and I enjoyed writing for it.

:rose:

well the thread will be open indefinitely, so comment when you can. i'm sure people will be glad of your comments - unless you want to put them in here now anyway and then maybe we can transfer them to the poem thread later? dunno. what dya want to do, Angeline? :rose:

CharleyH: The beauty of the gunfight (aka: slap face) is that the person who posts the challenge has no say in the result of the challenge. It's why I personally adore the Gunfight. Once you have a 'God' in the challenge (the one who posts it and judges it) you no longer have a fair poetic fight. It is biased, from the get go, toward the judge. This is the only reason I will not participate in this challenge, Chippy.

fair enough.

though i don't see myself as some godhead.
maybe the next person setting the challenge will do things in a different way. :)

So does the winner get to chose the next challenge or what? Or process of elimination or just offering I was actually thinking about a challenge in bed last night! I know what a sad person lol

anyone can do a challenge any time, Annie. If you want to post your idea today, I say go for it.

CharleyH: The beauty of the gunfight (aka: slap face) is that the person who posts the challenge has no say in the result of the challenge. It's why I personally adore the Gunfight. Once you have a 'God' in the challenge (the one who posts it and judges it) you no longer have a fair poetic fight. It is biased, from the get go, toward the judge. This is the only reason I will not participate in this challenge, Chippy.
fair enough.

Oh I don't particularly like the way this is set up, but I just wrote mine to write it and to play along. No harm.

I have come, reluctantly, to the point in my life that in general, I like my writing, and I know I know that many people don't. Here, there, everywhere, it really does not work for most people, does not show as a winner. The thing is, the few people who do like it happen to be the people whose writing I admire, so it is easier to accept the lack of mass adoration.

Oh and I think I lied. I usually tire of what I write after 3 days.

I must admit that posting your own detailed contest rules is god-like in itself. The judges are just your priests, and your disciples either met your requirements to go to heaven or not. I like that there are different kinds of challenges, usually running simultaneously. I think bijou has a contest where you can post just about anything and she picks her favorite each week. Then there's the seven days, month straight writing challenge where no one picks anything. Then there's this sort of challenge where a favorite will be picked and that person will possibly run the next challenge. I like this because of the continuity, there's the possibility for variation each week.

Oh I don't particularly like the way this is set up, but I just wrote mine to write it and to play along. No harm.

I have come, reluctantly, to the point in my life that in general, I like my writing, and I know I know that many people don't. Here, there, everywhere, it really does not work for most people, does not show as a winner. The thing is, the few people who do like it happen to be the people whose writing I admire, so it is easier to accept the lack of mass adoration.

Oh and I think I lied. I usually tire of what I write after 3 days.

I disagree. I think you're very very talented and it shows in most everything you write. And I also think most people know you are the real thing, a real poet, and love your writing. I do.

I don't like the "gunfight" thing myself because I'm not into confrontational competition, even when it's all tongue in cheek. I'd rather just write and others do the same and we all read and get inspired by each other. But, as my daughter says, I'm such a hippie. :)

well the thread will be open indefinitely, so comment when you can. i'm sure people will be glad of your comments - unless you want to put them in here now anyway and then maybe we can transfer them to the poem thread later? dunno. what dya want to do, Angeline? :rose:

I think count me out for much commenting. If I can, I will. But we have this trip and then we come back home, pack up and move. So I will be unreliable as a participant until May or June. Sorry. I will comment and write when I can though. I know moving across the country is going to be great for the old muse. :)

I think count me out for much commenting. If I can, I will. But we have this trip and then we come back home, pack up and move. So I will be unreliable as a participant until May or June. Sorry. I will comment and write when I can though. I know moving across the country is going to be great for the old muse. :)

shame, but that's the way it rolls so if you can't, you cant! it was never meant to be something people got all pressurised about. a little bit of laid-back creativity was all, with people doing their thing.
i hope you'll enjoy every minute of your trip, A :rose: and yes, it's sure to feed your muse.

Will miss you hun have a good trip :rose:

Back