New Weekly Challenge

well I will for sure, and i bet most here will. i'm looking forward to whatever you throw our way. :rose:

Have started writing it down (whilst cooking dinner!) have to type it out now and tie up loose ends. It will have to be the same method of chosing my favourites (scored for true to form as well as subject matter) I will start a new thread and link from here.

Have started writing it down (whilst cooking dinner!) have to type it out now and tie up loose ends. It will have to be the same method of chosing my favourites (scored for true to form as well as subject matter) I will start a new thread and link from here.

great stuff :cool:

okay, that's me done :)
commented on each poem and delivered my final top 3 selection.

I know Annie was interested in throwing out the next weekly challenge; is everyone happy with that and Annie, you still want to take the baton? :D

If we're interesting in drawing names from a hat I wrote a program last night that'll take a list of names and 'shuffle' them.

chipbutty - you did an excellent job with running your challenge! :)
I really appreciate that you took the time to comment on each one individually.

The formula's not the tough part of the Annikey challenge. Damn... the theme was tough to wrap around.

If we're interesting in drawing names from a hat I wrote a program last night that'll take a list of names and 'shuffle' them.

chipbutty - you did an excellent job with running your challenge! :)
I really appreciate that you took the time to comment on each one individually.

perhaps those interested in creating next week's challenge can put their names forward during this week so your programme can do its thing if there're more than one?

thanks :) it's a shame more people haven't had time to add their own comments, but that's the way things roll.

Annie! whoah lmao - that looks really hard! i see champers has tackled it in style, though, so i will work hard on mine too. gonna have to do that fill in the end words and try and work the poem around it. meh. piece o' cake (yeah, right :eek: )

oh my god.

why don't our clocks change the same as the americans? i put all my clocks forward last night and even reminded blunt trauma to, but it seems WE don't do ours till 28th! so here i am, up a whole hour early. 5.15 am i got up. what the hell?

*sobs quietly*

I done it! my first Annikey.

i think the poetry's suffered a little where i was trying to concentrate on fitting the pieces together, but it was an interesting brain exercise this morning. maybe i'll do another later this week.

oh my god.

why don't our clocks change the same as the americans? i put all my clocks forward last night and even reminded blunt trauma to, but it seems WE don't do ours till 28th! so here i am, up a whole hour early. 5.15 am i got up. what the hell?

*sobs quietly*

We changed ours a couple of years ago as a supposed energy saving measure.
I think its too early, and go back to standard way too late.

oh my god.

*sobs quietly*

*giggle* when I started reading this post I thought I had missed it lol!

I done it! my first Annikey.

i think the poetry's suffered a little where i was trying to concentrate on fitting the pieces together, but it was an interesting brain exercise this morning. maybe i'll do another later this week.

Thankyou ladies but starting it off ..... Chippy we'll make a form nerd of you yet!

Annie! whoah lmao - that looks really hard! i see champers has tackled it in style, though, so i will work hard on mine too. gonna have to do that fill in the end words and try and work the poem around it. meh. piece o' cake (yeah, right :eek: )

That's what I found worked for my sestina.
Still mulling the topic, though.

*giggle* when I started reading this post I thought I had missed it lol!

Thankyou ladies but starting it off ..... Chippy we'll make a form nerd of you yet!
i can do nerd. i have my glasses, and flat shoes, a scarf ... *pins up hair in a bun*

That's what I found worked for my sestina.
Still mulling the topic, though.
it feels such a back-to-front way of going about things - more like filling in a crossword than being wantonly creative :D and yet it teaches us to be creative in a different way - does it make us use different sides of our brains, dya think?

as for the topic, well not coming from a gun culture, mine's going to be cheesy by comparison to those familiar with weapons. who's for cheesecake, anyone? :devil:

I am hungry to read more Annikeys! the theme is a bit of a so and so, but if I managed it then i know others will do it - and more easily :D

We have one more so thankyou GM for that keeping my fingers crossed more will attempt it! Sorry about the subject that was the hardest part deciding what it would be, I did ask Ron and he suggested dog shows as he was watching Crufts at the time!

We have a couple of guns and I have no problem with that, Ron is a good shot as he used to belong to a syndicate shooting over different estates. I've only ever shot clays

We have one more so thankyou GM for that keeping my fingers crossed more will attempt it! Sorry about the subject that was the hardest part deciding what it would be, I did ask Ron and he suggested dog shows as he was watching Crufts at the time!

Dog shows. Hmmmn....

I've a miniature cockapoo (spelling correct?). She's neurotic but loves me dearly (likes me more than my wife and daughter, both of whom think it's rather funny), an alpha dog thing, I think, because she was rescued from Hurricanne Katrina, presumably running loose on the streets with all those other big dogs trashing garbage to eat. At least, that's what my wife and I think.

Hmmmn..... a poem there perhaps.

Dog shows. Hmmmn....

I've a miniature cockapoo (spelling correct?). She's neurotic but loves me dearly (likes me more than my wife and daughter, both of whom think it's rather funny), an alpha dog thing, I think, because she was rescued from Hurricanne Katrina, presumably running loose on the streets with all those other big dogs trashing garbage to eat. At least, that's what my wife and I think.

Awwwwww poor thing she must have been so frightened glad she's found a good home now though

I've only shot a gun one time. After the end of some spring semester I went with my friend to his grandparent's farm in Kansas and we shot at fence posts with a 22.
Could also turn out an erotic poem with a rather obvious theme ...

I've only shot a gun one time. After the end of some spring semester I went with my friend to his grandparent's farm in Kansas and we shot at fence posts with a 22.
Could also turn out an erotic poem with a rather obvious theme ...

naughty boy! had to think for a moment there lol

Dog shows. Hmmmn....

All of our pets (mostly cats) are adopted strays.
My wife named our dog Peebody. She heard him crying outside out door and brought him in. Somehow he got over her laptop and peed on it (I was able to recover most of the data from the hard drive with my computer, but the computer was shot). He generally prefers to go out for a walk with me than with her, and I'm the one he mooches from most of the time.

All of our pets (mostly cats) are adopted strays.
My wife named our dog Peebody. She heard him crying outside out door and brought him in. Somehow he got over her laptop and peed on it (I was able to recover most of the data from the hard drive with my computer, but the computer was shot). He generally prefers to go out for a walk with me than with her, and I'm the one he mooches from most of the time.

pets do tend to find people, a whole lot of the time, especially cats :D
they need to consider themselves fortunate to have found you and your wife.

Back