Official Notice: Holiday Contest + 5th Anniversary = Big Prizes!

I've voted on about 40% of the stories so far, give or take, most of that before I entered my submission. There are some truly stellar entries this year.

My personal faves are "How the Troll Grinched Litmas" (I love that!) and "The Best Christmas Ever." I love mushy stuff.

I dig the Snippetsville Group's offering, too. Don't think I've voted on it yet, though. Think I'll toddle off and do that.

Anyone else got favorites to share?

Oh, and of course, I can't end the post without leaving a shameless plug for the new and improved... Broken Holiday

:D

Originally posted by Route66Girl
I've voted on about 40% of the stories so far, give or take, most of that before I entered my submission. There are some truly stellar entries this year.

My personal faves are "How the Troll Grinched Litmas" (I love that!) and "The Best Christmas Ever." I love mushy stuff.

I dig the Snippetsville Group's offering, too. Don't think I've voted on it yet, though. Think I'll toddle off and do that.

Anyone else got favorites to share?

Oh, and of course, I can't end the post without leaving a shameless plug for the new and improved... Broken Holiday

I think Dirt Man is looking for some more votes on his story if you haven't read his yet, I do suggest reading it. It is non-erotic, but very nostagalgic.

DS

Dirty Slut said:
I think Dirt Man is looking for some more votes on his story if you haven't read his yet, I do suggest reading it. It is non-erotic, but very nostagalgic.

DS

Done.

Good story, Dirt Man.

I echo what reohoko said. conrgratz to the winners. And thank you laurel for having fun contests like this. Laurel is always challenging us at all times of the year to write our best:) MR. Gibson' sexy tales!. turn me on here!

Thank you

I really appreciate all your warm wishes. It was a thrill of a lifetime to be mentioned amongst some great writers. If people can appreciate my story enough to give it such great reviews, feedback and high scores, I feel truly blessed to have written it. Thanks again!

Marty the Midget's Erotic Christmas

Thank you! Congratulations to the other winners and all participants.

Thank you, Laurel, for a great, great time. You rule!

I knew it wouldn't happen, but

I thought Dirt Man's entry was the best, but like I said earlier I also knew that it wouldn't even place. Still, this was probably the cleanest run contest yet here at Literotica to date, and there is no accounting for tastes. Congratulations to the winners.

DS

About the cleaness of the run, and risking brown nosing implications, I really have to congratulate and thank Laurel for an excellent job at keeping things fair.

Unlike what was to be expected from the ominous forecasts at the beginning of this thread, I for one can say that I didn't feel the attack of the SNERKs until the very last day of voting, but Laurel quickly corrected the situation.

It was also with some surprise but great satisfaction that I saw that even non-erotic entries collected more than enough votes and very high marks. I believe Rumple Foreskin's poignant story, for example, was still in the run until the end, finishing close to the top 5.

few questions Lauren

1- what is a snerk? And do they come in purple, still doing some last minute hanukkah shopping.

2- Are the ratings posted anywhere, so I can compare how far I was from the top? I looked around and never saw the Holiday story rankings.

3- Have there been problems b4 in the voting?

Re: few questions Lauren

Dingus Guy said:
1- what is a snerk? And do they come in purple, still doing some last minute hanukkah shopping.
Refering to the first page of this thread, the definition offered was an acronym for Sexually Nerdish Expressively Recidivistic Troll. (I guess that makes them SNERTs. Sorry, my bad. :eek:)
I believe they're only available in season green, but a new purple batch should be coming right up. :D

2- Are the ratings posted anywhere, so I can compare how far I was from the top? I looked around and never saw the Holiday story rankings.
I think the only way is to go to the top list and look for familiar titles. Anyway, if it will help, I finished with 4.87.

3- Have there been problems b4 in the voting?
I haven't got the faintest, but judging by the comments on the first page of the thread, it appears so...

;)

Thanks

I didn't realize that there was snippers hitting the stories at the last minute. I guess even an innocent contest can be corrupted. I am glad to have made 4th then.

It was also with some surprise but great satisfaction that I saw that even non-erotic entries collected more than enough votes and very high marks. I believe Rumple Foreskin's poignant story, for example, was still in the run until the end, finishing close to the top 5.
Lauren,

Thanks for the kind words. if you were surprised at the non-erotic vote, I was stunned. That's an odd category with little activity. My original concern was pulling the minimum number of votes needed to qualify. Turns out, not only did I qualify, but so did at least three other non-erotic stories.

Even stranger, all four stories ended up in the plus 4.50 area. That brings the total number of non-erotic stories rated above 4.50 to a whopping 48. So the accomplishment does seem pretty remarkable.

Congratulations again to you, Dingus Guy and the other winners. It would have been fun to have a non-erotic story place in a Literotic writing contest. But, IMHO, those that did place were all worthy winners.

Rumple

Back