Once Again, Who is reviewing which day?

You KNOW I want to hear, right?
RIGHT?!?!

Am I visiting the fireside for this new revelation about confirmed suspicions?

that will be your destination when you are ready for the revelation
except that revelation has gone unrevealed up to now
it is impossible to predict or plan when the exposure will begin: tomorrow? next week? so many other topics have fallen far behind. My very humble recommendation is that you pencil a note in your margins to visit anyway, just in case something happens.

Hey, can someone tell me who is doing which days now?

I really need a break from Thursday. I want to start submitting and writing more. I still like to make comments on poems, but I'm worn out on doing reviews -- and it's starting to show! Anyone want Thrusday for a little while or longer? Please, please. :catgrin:

Hey, can someone tell me who is doing which days now?

I really need a break from Thursday. I want to start submitting and writing more. I still like to make comments on poems, but I'm worn out on doing reviews -- and it's starting to show! Anyone want Thrusday for a little while or longer? Please, please. :catgrin:

I'll do this Thursday. I turned in a first draft of a manuscript yesterday so I have time. And I feel guilty that I haven't done any for a while now. Especially on Tuesdays I feel guilty, which probably makes darkmaas smile, the beast.

oh my god it is Wednesday! I need to do the reviews! Eek! I have a dr. appt this am, but will get to it soon, promise!

I'll do this Thursday. I turned in a first draft of a manuscript yesterday so I have time. And I feel guilty that I haven't done any for a while now. Especially on Tuesdays I feel guilty, which probably makes darkmaas smile, the beast.

Oh, goody! That helps a lot. Even one week break would be cool and it's a busy week anyway.
thank you :heart:

I am sorry for the half assed job I did with reviewing, a day late and sucky. I do not feel like telling why a poem did not work for me, I am not sure it matters.

If anyone wants to take Wed, I can gladly pass it over-- but will continue to do what I can.

I am sorry for the half assed job I did with reviewing, a day late and sucky. I do not feel like telling why a poem did not work for me, I am not sure it matters.

If anyone wants to take Wed, I can gladly pass it over-- but will continue to do what I can.

In my reviews I try to explain why I like a poem, but I can't always put it into words. So when I can't, I end up talking about coffee...

In my reviews I try to explain why I like a poem, but I can't always put it into words. So when I can't, I end up talking about coffee...

Do you think it fair to expect people doing "reviews" to actually know what they're talking about? As far as I know Ange and Patrick are the only alumni to have taught poetry in r/l and therefore have the knowledge to take a poem apart. I think the review thread is not so much true review as a heads-up to particular poems and writers.

I'd like to add that both you and anna have done sterling work as reviewers - as have all the others throughout the week.

Last edited:
Do you think it fair to expect people doing "reviews" to actually know what they're talking about? As far as I know Ange and Patrick are the only alumni to have taught poetry in r/l and therefore have the knowledge to take a poem apart. I think the review thread is not so much true review as a heads-up to particular poems and writers.

I'd like to add that both you and anna have done sterling work as reviewers - as have all the others throughout the week.

You're right. It's always been considered more of a recommendation thread than a review thread. I really can't take a poem apart. I couldn't put it back together either. lol

Some mod should change the name of that thread to something non-reviewy, like "Today, at the New Poetry List" or "Stuff".

The Review thread has a new name -- thanks, Lauren -- but just because there is an emphasis placed on Recommendations, please still feel free to review poems from the New Poems submissions list.

And this is the original post of the new poems thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poets
This thread is to recommend, review or comment on new poems posted at Literotica. No off-topic chat, no thank you notes unless they include relevant comments about the poems. If you have any other comments to make or if you want to thank the reviewer for the mention, please do it in PM or post on the "To keep the review thread clean..." thread. We have the entire forum to chat, I think we can keep it out of this one thread, so that no new poems go by unnoticed. I hope you all understand why we're doing this.

There are several people who volunteered to review the new poetry list once a week, but everyone can and should post their reviews, of course.

-----------------

Over the years, some have complained about it being a harsh review thread. This was back quite awhile ago, so we all decided to make it more of a recommendation thread -- which doesn't mean you can't review while making a recommendation! Many people post at lit and aren't that serious about poetry and are surprised to have their poems critiqued on a forum. So we usually don't get too brutal on the thread and it should have been named a recommendation thread from the start. When someone wants an in depth review, then come to the forum and ask for it.

So changing review to recommendation is a trivial thing. Anyone who wants to post new poems comments on that thread is free to do so. Post a recommendation or a review or whatever. This is too trivial to bitch about, right?

Last edited:
If anyone has a bone to pick about this, I was the one who chose the name of the thread way back when and wrote the original post, and I was the one who changed it this morning. And I think there are a lot more useful things to pick bones about that this. It's a public service announcement thread about whatever the hell may be worth noticing in the new poetry list. The way each of the voluntaries chooses to do this public service for free is his or her own responsibility and appreciated whatever way it comes. Over the years, that thread had poems recommended by everyone from UP to MET and all in between.

Last edited:
Didn't "Valiant" whatever even give a day to the reviews once? I dunno. I love the fact that there's someone paying attention to the poems and doing my dusting for me. When I read that thread it's like coming into a room and finding everything except the artwork and furnishings removed. Mmm. Now I can breathe and see. Thanks to all who review/recommend/whatever. I learned long ago there's no point in argument, just write 'em as you see 'em.

Back