Patting the backs and tooting each others horns

wildsweetone said:
and that's a nice lot of new poems out Patrick. (wish that book would hurry up and be delivered!) . . .

thanks, kiwi. :)

the book won't be out until the end of November. it's up for advanced sale now, until Nov. 1.

didn't you read the small print? :D

:rose:

clutching_calliope said:
Congratulations Neo on getting an 'E' on your How-To essay here at Lit.: Poetry with Pictures I still don't know how to do what you described....someday. :rose:
Thank you Calli, that was so sweet of you to toot for me. :rose:

And if you need any Illustrated Poetry pointer's, I'd be happy to help ya.

TheRainMan said:
thanks, kiwi. :)

the book won't be out until the end of November. it's up for advanced sale now, until Nov. 1.

didn't you read the small print? :D

small print? what small print? all i know is i bought the thing as soon as you said it was out and now i have to WAIT! grrr

wildsweetone said:
small print? what small print? all i know is i bought the thing as soon as you said it was out and now i have to WAIT! grrr

lol . . . it's on the "Coming Soon" page. :) actually, the print is pretty large. :kiss:

anyway,

after reading the manuscript, poet Bob Hicok has agreed to write a back-cover blurb for my collection.

if you don't know who Bob Hicok is, trust me. that's very good news.

next round's on me.

Last edited:
TheRainMan said:
lol . . . it's on the "Coming Soon" page. :) actually, the print is pretty large. :kiss:

anyway,

after reading the manuscript, poet Bob Hicok has agreed to write a back-cover blurb for my collection.

if you don't know who Bob Hicok is, trust me. that's very good news.

next round's on me.

Rats. I get this far:

Another Awkward Stage Of Convalescence

Drunk, I kissed the moon
where it stretched on the floor

and I'm hooked! There goes my day!

annaswirls said:
It is a kick for me to have poetry published, but it is something more like my 10th birthday when a photo shows up somewhere :) I get a little giddy :cathappy:

Congrats. Ms Renaisance woman. :nana:

I like the cool dude in the window, I'm in need of some cool atire.

bogusbrig said:
Congrats. Ms Renaisance woman. :nana:

I like the cool dude in the window, I'm in need of some cool atire.

yeah, I think you would look nice in those high heel pink pumps the guy is holding....

I don't know what it is about the giddy-ness, Eve, I think that writing has become like a job, a non-paying bitch of a job and photos are still icing. Icing on top of the job.

annaswirls said:
yeah, I think you would look nice in those high heel pink pumps the guy is holding....

I don't know what it is about the giddy-ness, Eve, I think that writing has become like a job, a non-paying bitch of a job and photos are still icing. Icing on top of the job.
Maybe so. Maybe it's because of all the poetry on the net. A photo really stands out in a crowd of words, I suppose.
Anyway, I like your fisting photo.

praises be, another issue is done and it is a good one!

We are proud and pleased to announce the release of our new issue of Mannequin Envy and also our new WordPress site where you can view our submission guidelines, news, editor's pages, links as well as leave comments for the talented visual and literary artists featured on our site.

All the best,

Jennifer VanBuren
Patrick Carrington
Alexandre Nodopaka

~

~ Fall 2006~

Featured Artist:
Dominic Rouse

Poetry:
Joshua Michael Stewart
Jill Khoury
Teresa White
Rebecca Schumejda
Sharon Auberle
John Sweet
Arlene Ang
Cherilyn Ferroggiarro
Taylor Graham
Tim Kahl
Allison Eastley
Corey Mesler
Donald Illich
Gerald So
Kelly J. White
Larry Rapant
M.A. Vizsolyi
Jai Britton
Harvey Goldner
M. Frost
Liz Gallagher

Flash Fiction by:
Bill Winter
Todd Frei
Hareendran Kallinkeel

bogusbrig said:
I love your contribution CC.

Jeez. I think I'm starting to stalk you. :eek:
Hey! No cutting in line, bud. Get in queue. ;)

You know, maybe it would be better if we both just had a beer. I'm buying, mate. What's your call? :)

Mannequin Eny does look great. Congrats to J. & P. Congrats too to Calli and Tzara for their excellent contributions. :rose:

As an aside, whenever anyone says they are 'stalking' someone it makes me think of a giant celery stalk with a face running after someone but it can't really run because it has little celery legs.

Everyone should be grateful right now that I have avs turned off and dont know what you look like or I would be putting all of your faces on huge walking vegetables.

Sara Crewe said:
Mannequin Eny does look great. Congrats to J. & P. Congrats too to Calli and Tzara for their excellent contributions. :rose:

As an aside, whenever anyone says they are 'stalking' someone it makes me think of a giant celery stalk with a face running after someone but it can't really run because it has little celery legs.

Everyone should be grateful right now that I have avs turned off and dont know what you look like or I would be putting all of your faces on huge walking vegetables.
"Huge walking vegetables."

God, what a quote. What an inspiration. My huge walking vegetables are eager to go rampantly stalking those more helpless veggies now. Using that metaphor, I might even be able to use the words "xylem" and "phloem", words that since BIOL 102 have been of little or no use.

Ah, metaphor! We live to recycle you, endlessly, though through overuse. :cool:

clutching_calliope said:
:rose: Congratulations Anna and Patrick on Mannequin Envy. Every issue gets better and better.

Thank you! It is a learning experience :) and thanks for your awesome contribution :)

bogusbrig said:
I love your contribution CC.

Jeez. I think I'm starting to stalk you. :eek:

My stalker quotient is presently empty so you are welcome to the spot. As Sara mentioned celery, perhaps I will enjoy you with a healthy dollop of peanut butter or Cheez Whiz! :rose:

(Thank you BTW, but it's all Patrick and Jenn, smoke and mirrors. They make me look good.)

annaswirls said:
We are proud and pleased to announce the release of our new issue of Mannequin Envy and also our new WordPress site where you can view our submission guidelines, news, editor's pages, links as well as leave comments for the talented visual and literary artists featured on our site.
Love what I see and still looking around.

(sent you a boo boo PM)

clutching_calliope said:
:rose: Congratulations Anna and Patrick on Mannequin Envy. Every issue gets better and better.

yes, every issue does get better and better.

that's because Anna is some sort of wizard. :)

Sara Crewe said:

grazie. :rose:

Calli and Tzara sent in great work.

and we need more from writers here ... (hint hint).

TheRainMan said:
grazie. :rose:

Calli and Tzara sent in great work.

and we need more from writers here ... (hint hint).

Who me? :cool: What's mine is yours, Wetguy and that goes for Anna too. ;)

Well, okay not really...what's mine is yours for First North American Serial Rights, a one time, non-exclusive use of Electronic Rights, with all rights reverting to me upon publication.

Back