Sappy Romantic Chain Story Idea - Medieval Theme

slyc_willie said:
I am, too, Red. Although the trolls haven't been too kind today :rolleyes: But then, that was expected ;)

DL, can't wait to see wht you've got. I think you still have my email, so if you can send me a copy of Ch. 3, I'd appreciate it.
Give it time. :) I liked it. :D

Schuedule UPDATE

Schedule CHANGE - - - Please note the new dates!!!! Dark has been moved to the end of the schedule for the time being

slyc_willie - submitted May 25
deathlynx - submitted May 31 (early)
RedHairedandFriendly - June 8*
john-the-author - June 15
Talynnda - June 22
MrsDeathlynx - June 29
maharat48 - July 6
Darknicaid - July 13

*waiting for Taly to respond to earlier post*

Last edited:
RedHairedandFriendly said:
Chapter 2 is out...
http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=312942

---

Thanks for volunteering both of you. :) I had already thought of how to fill that week. I had planned on writing it. Believe it or not, this story is about the only thing my muse is giving me any umph to write. I don't think another chapter about Bags right now would be the right time, because we should touch base with Evie again, making sure we let folks know what her first days as Queen have been like.

Taly - If you feel you can write the chapter then I'll let you take this one.

As I was writing this I realized we have a lot of potential for a great story here. We haven't introduced the Prince yet, granted some have hinted at his personality, but they are rumors, no one really knows a lot about him, heck Evie didn't even react when his name was mentioned in the meeting with Benedict. So his character and his servants/family/etc... are all more folks to add to the pot of intrigue.

I know... I have to give myself my own advice. "Don't think too far ahead." :D

Anywhoooo.... I guess you can say I am excited for this story. :) :eek:

I would love to do it. Scared, but happy.

Just wanted to let people know that I have plans for David, developing him a bit more as I have ideas in my head. So if anyone wants to use him please contact me, sorry got all kinds of things in my head now, hehe.

Talynnda said:
I would love to do it. Scared, but happy.
That's fine.:D

Here is the new schedule:

Schedule - Talynnda will be taking the date Danielle had and I've taken the date Talynnda was scheduled.

slyc_willie - submitted May 25
deathlynx - submitted May 31 (early)
Talynnda - June 8
john-the-author - June 15
RedHairedandFriendly - June 22
MrsDeathlynx - June 29
maharat48 - July 6
Darknicaid - July 13

MrsDeathlynx said:
Just wanted to let people know that I have plans for David, developing him a bit more as I have ideas in my head. So if anyone wants to use him please contact me, sorry got all kinds of things in my head now, hehe.
*chuckles* There ya go thinking ahead. ;) :kiss: It's hard not to do isn't it. :D

*chuckles* There ya go thinking ahead. ;) :kiss: It's hard not to do isn't it. :D

Thanks babe. :kiss:

I was also wondering if it would be alright to add another character, daughter to the captain of the guards that is about the same age as Evie, maybe a couple of months younger.

MrsDeathlynx said:
Thanks babe. :kiss:

I was also wondering if it would be alright to add another character, daughter to the captain of the guards that is about the same age as Evie, maybe a couple of months younger.

I'd really like you to hold off and wait to see what is going on with the story and the characters by the time it gets to your turn. :rose: If you see a place for a character like that then introduce her, but if it won't blend easily then it may not work.

It was pointed out to me that we don't have a time period date... so we are going to be looking around 1660-1700's. Also I mentioned early on about a castle in my head and was going to post links to it. Do you all still want those or not, because I don't want to add castle images to your head if you don't want them.

I think castle images would be good, it could help to develop the setting so that everyone has the same vision but that is just my opinion.

MrsDeathlynx said:
I think castle images would be good, it could help to develop the setting so that everyone has the same vision but that is just my opinion.
It's a really coooooool picture. If no one else wants it, I'll at least send it to ya. :)

If anyone has any questions or customs about traditions or if something would fit feel free to PM me, I've spent quite a bit of time studying the Renaissance.

Would it confuse anyone if I wrote my characters speaking Olde English or should I stick to modern english?

medieval/renaissance

It was pointed out to me that we don't have a time period date... so we are going to be looking around 1660-1700's. Also I mentioned early on about a castle in my head and was going to post links to it. Do you all still want those or not, because I don't want to add castle images to your head if you don't want them.

eh... just pointing out that these dates (1660-1700) are late renaissance, not medieval... one might want to remember this when choosing a story title.

Maharat

Last edited by a moderator:
maharat48 said:
eh... just pointing out that these dates are is late renaissance, not medieval... one might wantn to remember this when choosing a story title.

Maharat

Hmmm... well the title is "A Royal Sacrifice" we could not put a date in the story. Just use it for our knowledge so the dresscode is right.

MrsDeathlynx said:
If anyone has any questions or customs about traditions or if something would fit feel free to PM me, I've spent quite a bit of time studying the Renaissance.

Would it confuse anyone if I wrote my characters speaking Olde English or should I stick to modern english?

I think close to modern, but not all modern. The other chapters don't have heavy Olde English. Not really sure though... how would a bit sound?

(I have to head out right now, I'll post more tomorrow).

maharat48 said:
eh... just pointing out that these dates are is late renaissance, not medieval... one might wantn to remember this when choosing a story title.

Maharat

Actually it all depends, historians are still debating the end of the Medieval period. Middle ages I would agree with, that was the official term rather than Medieval. Medieval is more of a genre, a mentality thing if you will. Most people consider anything with the whole knight's and kings and queens to be Medieval.

Also it is a Medieval Theme story, at which case it would imply the medieval mentality rather than the historical period itself. In Roleplay, and often times any type of fantasy writing that involves knights and such, it is often refered to as a Medieval theme for the mentality rather than the time era because people tend to understand that better than Dark Ages or Middle Ages of Renaissance because it is a more common term.

I think close to modern, but not all modern. The other chapters don't have heavy Olde English. Not really sure though... how would a bit sound?

(I have to head out right now, I'll post more tomorrow).

Night Red, hope you get some sleep.

A bit would depend on what I did in all honesty. I'll try not to do too much, perhaps only putting in accents when people drop letters or something?

Thanks to Tseranc for hosting these images for me. :) I tried to attach them, but Lit wanted me to shrink them, and I was afraid I'd lose the detail.

The castle, in my mind, is not on an island, nor a cliff, thus it isn't written on an island or a cliff in the story either. It is a grand castle, very well maintained. I see Vix as a wealthy land, not the wealthiest, but very plentiful.

I did use this plan as I wrote Chapter one. These images are of Frankenstiens' Castle. I can't remember the site name they came from. Slyc_willie helped me find them, so perhaps he can recall.

Castle

Floor Plan

Just to let people know I have a MSN group from an online D&D game that I ran that isn't on anymore, so I can put up images and such if people need to use that.

Eeeep! Love the pitcure and a great floor plan...but it seems to be missing a stables...Should we assume that those are just outside of the keep or try to find a place for them inside? I don't think I mentioned one way or the other where it was in regards to the castle walls...

deathlynx said:
Eeeep! Love the pitcure and a great floor plan...but it seems to be missing a stables...Should we assume that those are just outside of the keep or try to find a place for them inside? I don't think I mentioned one way or the other where it was in regards to the castle walls...

Yes, assume there is a stables out there somewhere. This isn't going to show everything a keep would have. This was just a visual for folks, not the set in stone floor plan of the land.

Kk...Wasn't sure how set in stone (so to speak) the floorplan was... :rose:

I HOPE the keep is set in stone... otherwise it might fall down rather easily, wouldn't it?
I mean, this was rather before cement or asphalt..
:D
Sorry, been living in the land of Vix all weekend and needed some levity.
I finished up my rough draft of Chapter 4, and I can positively say that John is only minorly involved, Eric has a more major part, Evy is involved, and Prince Drest (I keep wanting to call him Dreft-- been doing my bro's laundry, I guess) is introduced and described.
And the storyline is at least set in sand. I'll let y'all know when I bake it enough to turn it to stone.
Do they frown on early submission?
That may or may not happen, depending on the editing homework I am given...

Cool about getting it done...if you end up finishing editing early, you don't have to submit it, you can always hold onto it until that day...the only reason mine was early was because I thought I was scheduled for the 31st not the 1st... :eek:

Back