Texas removes over one million ineligible voters from its voter’s roll

It's obvious you didn't read his post. Every voter would need to register to vote every election every time all over again. This isn't manageable. This is a huge bureaucracy that doesn't accomplish anything.
It's obvious you didn't read his post. Every voter would need to register to vote every election every time all over again. This isn't manageable. This is a huge bureaucracy that doesn't accomplish anything.
I don’t believe that’s what he said. Scrubbing the rolls means purifying current data, doesn’t mean starting all over. You fingerprint only once and are then put on the national data registry. If you move it’s your responsibility to notify your new location registrar where your fingerprint could automatically update both locations. Could start to implement facial recognition.

It accomplishes keeping the voter rolls current. One man, one vote, no double votes or votes from ficticious or dead people.

There is ONLY ONE reason you won't support this.
Yeah because it's stupid. Just like you.

Each voter would only has to do it once unless something changes. If your address changes it’s your responsibility to notify the DMV. Many DMVs are working with voter registration, make it happen. When you break it down to each state it’s manageable.

One time voter registration results in bloated voter rolls with ineligible names on the list. Even notifying the registrar doesn't always result in names being removed from the list.

I don’t believe that’s what he said. Scrubbing the rolls means purifying current data, doesn’t mean starting all over. You fingerprint only once and are then put on the national data registry. If you move it’s your responsibility to notify your new location registrar where your fingerprint could automatically update both locations.
It's in his post.

He literally wrote that every election has the entire voter rolls scrubbed clean and that each voter must re-register. Read.

It's in his post.

He literally wrote that every election has the entire voter rolls scrubbed clean and that each voter must re-register. Read.

And this is a problem because, why?

I wonder if Laurel considers stalking a violation of the rules?

Yesterday, you said you didn't care. 🤔

I'm sorry your own racist words bring you such discomfort. You should definitely bring it up with her. 😘

Each voter would only has to do it once unless something changes. If your address changes it’s your responsibility to notify the DMV. Many DMVs are working with voter registration, make it happen. When you break it down to each state it’s manageable.
The removal of voters from the rolls does not take into account long time voters....they remove voters as it is shows up on their checklist.

You may be removed without knowing.

That's what happens for political fodder

I don’t believe that’s what he said. Scrubbing the rolls means purifying current data, doesn’t mean starting all over. You fingerprint only once and are then put on the national data registry. If you move it’s your responsibility to notify your new location registrar where your fingerprint could automatically update both locations. Could start to implement facial recognition.
Ignorance of the process is fun.

Your place on the roll may be revoked during this process.

And then you will have to vote provisionally.

The removal of voters from the rolls does not take into account long time voters....they remove voters as it is shows up on their checklist.

You may be removed without knowing.

That's what happens for political fodder

In some places there are also voters still listed as active who died over 100 years ago. There's also a court decision (which is imbecilic in the extreme) that says that just because someone submitted a USPS change of address AND moved out of State it doesn't mean that they no longer intend to vote in that district.

Deleting the entire voter database after every election (after sufficient time to challenge the results under any state statute has elapsed) means that the voter rolls are clean every time. No political favoritism, no challenges to the eligibility of voters, no voter fraud, nothing.

Because it's clean. Every election.

There is only 1 reason to oppose that.

One time voter registration results in bloated voter rolls with ineligible names on the list. Even notifying the registrar doesn't always result in names being removed from the list.
I think that if we got back to one single day voting maybe a holiday for voting that may work, how do you handle mail in ballots. Need to connect different state agencies such as probate to talk to voter registration to eliminate the deceased. It’s doable. In my state every district has a paper listing that is lines out each voter, Whatever names are left has to be reconciled with mail in ballots. Fingerprints could reconcile people that move out of state..

Voter roll removal should be illegal within 6-8 months of an election.

This will likely just fuck over legitimate voters who were removed and will end up forcing them to vote provisional....and this will result in longer times for vote count.

I've been advising friends and family to check their registration once a month.
So we should all pretend that 457,000 dead people were going to vote?

So we should all pretend that 457,000 dead people were going to vote?
Any Texas voter should be checking their registration multiple times between now and the election .

You thinking this poll cleanup targeted only illegal voters shows your ignorance of how data exists and is collected.

Ignorance of the process is fun.

Your place on the roll may be revoked during this process.

And then you will have to vote provisionally.
The issue is keeping data current and accurate. When people move, die, become citizens there needs to be a connective medium.

The issue is keeping data current and accurate. When people move, die, become citizens there needs to be a connective medium.
No state should be able to remove voters from rolls within 6-8 months.

Every voter needs to continue to confirm their registration monthly at the least.

The majority of voters who have moved don't even realize they were still on the rolls. I was on Michigan's voter rolls till last year. There was no danger of fraud from this fact. It is literally just a Republican base voter call out to get them excited that results in nothing

I think that if we got back to one single day voting maybe a holiday for voting that may work, how do you handle mail in ballots. Need to connect different state agencies such as probate to talk to voter registration to eliminate the deceased. It’s doable. In my state every district has a paper listing that is lines out each voter, Whatever names are left has to be reconciled with mail in ballots. Fingerprints could reconcile people that move out of state..

Purging after every election solves all of those issues. Dead people can't register because they can't provide a fingerprint. Multiple registrations from a single applicant can't happen because the fingerprint is already on file. Voters who move can't register because they're not living there any longer and cannot provide a valid address on the application within the voting district.

Mail in ballots would require that the voter put their fingerprint on the ballot before mailing. No fingerprint, not accepted, no "curing" allowed.

No state should be able to remove voters from rolls within 6-8 months.

Every voter needs to continue to confirm their registration monthly at the least
I heard you the first time. HisArpy wasn’t in my opinion eluding to changes prior to voting but 6 to 8 months after and after all voting litigation is complete.

I heard you the first time. HisArpy wasn’t in my opinion eluding to changes prior to voting but 6 to 8 months after and after all voting litigation is complete.
You responded to me, not arpy, who wants to fingerprint people.

Anyone who understands how data is collected and analyzed understands that about 30-40% of people in the purge are valid voters

Purging after every election solves all of those issues. Dead people can't register because they can't provide a fingerprint. Multiple registrations from a single applicant can't happen because the fingerprint is already on file. Voters who move can't register because they're not living there any longer and cannot provide a valid address on the application within the voting district.

Mail in ballots would require that the voter put their fingerprint on the ballot before mailing. No fingerprint, not accepted, no "curing" allowed.
I get your point and I agree, I misconstrued scrubbing as a different meaning from purging. Adrina immediately jumped on that. My issue is if it becomes too cumbersome do we lose voters due to lack of interest. States are working the issue maybe states will share what works best. I think fingerprints or facial recognition or both would go a long way to keep data accurate.

Back