The 2024 750 Word Story Challenge Support Thread

Write a 750 word story about how a writer deals with being in a slump.
Oh God no! Of all the body parts on Lit, the navel is the one we least want the author to gaze at.

Unless of course, the way your writer deals with being in a slump is learning to pole dance at a Naturist resort for nymphomananics. In which case proceed.

Just a thought... If we took the 'best' 200 of these and compiled them, it would make an outstanding bathroom companion book. One of those you set by the toilet for those longer sessions...

Just a thought... If we took the 'best' 200 of these and compiled them, it would make an outstanding bathroom companion book. One of those you set by the toilet for those longer sessions...
Some of my stories, if printed on paper, could be of great use in the toilet.😜

I'd be curious to see who posted what and in what categories.

Here are the stories I've submitted, and this will probably be it unless I can come up with an idea that inspires me:

Danique and the Three Finger Shuffle - Erotic Couplings
Elise's Oral Arguments - Erotic Couplings
Helping Hand or No? - Erotic Couplings
Late Night Laundry - Loving Wives

I had to do a rewrite of "Elise's Oral Arguments" as it was initially rejected. Now I have to finish up the story for the Valentine's Day contest.

I've noticed a lot of us, like @EmilyMiller have posted multiples. I'd be curious to see who posted what and in what categories.
I submitted 4 5:
A Year in the Life - Incest/Taboo
Drinking Scotch, Making wishes - Transgender/Crossdressers
Souls Last Kiss - Erotic Couplings(Mystery Woman sub challenge)
The last Wood Nymph - Sci Fi/ Fantasy
Summer Romance - Lesbian Sex
And added a fifth. This is jus too much fun. Can't wait to se how badly my average score tanks after the first of the month. 🤣

I would hope folks dont assume the forwards is part of the word count! Idk!
I topped and tailed mine with the usual boilerplate, took the advice from further up this chain that this is a 750 word challenge entry and the 750 is below this line. Seems to have got accepted.

I topped and tailed mine with the usual boilerplate, took the advice from further up this chain that this is a 750 word challenge entry and the 750 is below this line. Seems to have got accepted.
Kinda think getting tailed adn topped would be fun. Oh, you were talking about stories. I'm so sorry..... 🤭 🤭 🤭 🤭 🤭 😜 😜 😜 🤣

Hmm, just fired off one for the sr71plt account. The draft took forty-five minutes. I construct these 750-word stories differently from my other ones. Usually my draft is streamlined and I add with each review. With a 750-word story, I usually try to do a draft of about 825 words and then trim out unnecessary words and the least-relevant phrases to get it down to 750.

They're all different. One took me four days. Another I wrote in 45 minutes. The first draft was exactly 750 words and I may have changed five.

I am so looking forward to this. Thank you for organising. Writing is my escape from the trouble I'm in. I have lots of stories, as usual. My mind fires up with the short story challenge.

Do others turn their voting options off?
Can I really post as many stories as I like?

Love it,
Jess

"I'm home" is submitted. I'm expecting the usual "too short, more please" comments.

Welcome aboard Jess! Yes, as many stories as you want. I put 2 stories in humour last year, and the scores aren't too bad. Personally, I'd leave voting on, but it's up to you. I'm curious to see the reception to my work.

Back