The 2024 750 Word Story Challenge Support Thread

So many people have submitted so many stories!!! I wonder what the total will be when all is said and done??

I was sick for a few days and WOW did that mess up my schedule!!! 3-4 days out of commission and almost a week later I'm still struggling to get back on schedule with everything in life!!!

But I have submitted three 750 word stories. Even one in the "humor" category! 😲 You know, just for fun!!

I can't wait to see what everyone has come up with!!!!

So many people have submitted so many stories!!! I wonder what the total will be when all is said and done??

I was sick for a few days and WOW did that mess up my schedule!!! 3-4 days out of commission and almost a week later I'm still struggling to get back on schedule with everything in life!!!

But I have submitted three 750 word stories. Even one in the "humor" category! 😲 You know, just for fun!!

I can't wait to see what everyone has come up with!!!!
I’ve done:

1. Science Fiction & Fantasy
  2. Non-erotic
  3. Romance
  4. BDSM
  5. Humor & Satire
  6. Gay Male (a first for me!)
Emily

Mine (all firsts for me, but I'm new here, so...):

1. Romance (but my story is pretty weird)
2. How To (date a lonely middle-aged woman -- NOT me!)
3. Humor & Satire (it's a dumb joke that I remember from when I was a kid and everything sex was funny)

So, we'll see what happens... It was fun anyway, and isn't that the point??

Oh cute, I just looked in my Pending folder and saw that Laurel spaced out my stories. They get published on 02/01, 02/02, 02/03, 02/04
Same. You did too good a job selling this. Wonder how many entries there are. Seems like lots of people did multiples.

A story of mine bounced back claiming AI technology. It was originally pending (for a while) then I changed the title and resubmitted it and... boom. Sent back. Apparently, I need to have a volunteer editor examine it. Hmmm... Well, I'll figure that all out tomorrow. 😟

A story of mine bounced back claiming AI technology. It was originally pending (for a while) then I changed the title and resubmitted it and... boom. Sent back. Apparently, I need to have a volunteer editor examine it. Hmmm... Well, I'll figure that all out tomorrow. 😟
That's the standard bounce back response for AI rejections, an editor's not going to do much good.

Scrub through your story for bland repetition (although I can't imagine that in your writing), and resubmit with a note saying, no grammarly here, it's all my own work - maybe cite your existence elsewhere as an established writer. Hopefully that will work.

I fully agree with this. I think it's nearly impossible to make a proper 750-word story with a serious plot and development of characters. Instead, I think this challenge suits those niche stories that capture just one moment - an emotion, or something along those lines. It works well for stories that are a bit poetic in nature. It also works well for the Letters & Transcripts category, I think. But I wouldn't even consider sitting down and writing a proper full-length story and just trying to squeeze it down to fit the challenge. It's often the little details that makes a proper story come to life. 💙
My two are just very, very simple vignettes with a little sting in the tail. My stories are not generally super complicated, so this wasn't a huge stretch for me. I had fun writing them, and it will help me hit 100 stories sooner than I'd hoped! 😉 First time at this challenge, and I've thoroughly enjoyed it.

Seconded - well done @Duleigh 🏆
Thank you. This is my second year mentoring those that are terrified to contain their thoughts, hopes, and dreams to 750 words.

Don't think its' over, you have a full month to submit your ideas. I only did 4 this year, I did 5 last year. I really should try to piece 2 more together but I've been working on my April Fools submission. Does someone have the Support Thread for April Fools?

Thank you. This is my second year mentoring those that are terrified to contain their thoughts, hopes, and dreams to 750 words.

Don't think its' over, you have a full month to submit your ideas. I only did 4 this year, I did 5 last year. I really should try to piece 2 more together but I've been working on my April Fools submission.
It’s like crack (that crack, not the other, OK maybe both) have an idea for a seventh now. Lesbian.

Emily

Is that the one I read?

Is that the one I read?
And the funny thing is that I don't even know how to use Grammerly or any of that spellcheck software, let alone AI stuff! Ignoring the fact that I actually take some pride in my own writing and would never even *want* to use something to write for me.

Back