The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub, All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive Bar

I'll never forget 22 year old me interviewing for the new state prison in my hometown. It promised much needed money and benefits for a new dad of 2. 22 year old me crushed the physical exam and cell search exam..... problem was 22year old me was way way too excited to make the E squad so I could shoot runaways.... apparently that kind of exuberance is only in the movies.....go figure

Not so much.... I covid tested and negative..... so far my differential diagnosis are gallstones, viral gastroenteritis, some sort of bacteria like Ecoli salmonella etc or an ileus.....
I am no nurse or doc so it’s drink plenty of fluids and paracetamol or the like for any temperature. I do have a good bedside manner though and am good at mopping a fevered brow! Take care of yourself.

oooh, pretty
PurityPearls_Web-0009.jpg
I have black pearls! I love them. Don't really wear them anymore. Maybe I should...
You know what they say about a man with big boots……he wears big socks 😂
Hmmmmm! 🤔🤔

I don't recall the recipe in its entirety. This was @ 20 years ago. But basically take the roast from the freezer and put it in the crockpot. Open 2-3 cans of cheap beer. Pour in the beer then add water until about 1 inch above the top of the roast.

The details I don't recall are how many hours cooking on high (overnight??) then how many on low (all day while at work??).

It was cooking meat mixed with the breakdown of the hops, etc. from the beer that made the smell. It stenches for several hours then turns a corner and is "yummy food" again.

Wonderfully simple and very tasty in the end. Tender, juicy meat that shredded with a fork. 🤤

But that smell - I simply couldn't face it again. So was a "One Hit Wonder" for me. :oops:
I started doing pot roasts in my InstantPot. I've made a Guinness roast that was divine! 😋

that's awesome!!

just spent a goodly amount of time and typing on a recipe I barely recalled. :ROFLMAO:

never have i ever
then again - think i'm the token (almost) vegetarian in the group. :LOL:
just leaves more for the rest of you.
plus - i make good trades
pork loin for green beans at the top of the list

the older I get the less my body likes some of those childhood comfort classics.

Poor body doesn't know what to do with 1970s levels of salt, fat, and sugar. :oops:
Look up Din Tai Fung green beans. THE BEST green beans I've ever tasted! Din Tai Fung is a Taiwanese restaurant. I know there are several out here on the left coast. These green beans are so freaking good! I've made a passable facsimile but still not as good as the OG!

Good morning Impy and OM. A rainy day is in the forecast. I hope to see my son this afternoon. My granddaughter has the upper respiratory cold that my GF had. It’s going around. ☹️.

Slept in so Lilli got away again. Oh there is tomorrow 😮‍💨
I'm so sorry your granddaughter is sick! 🫂

I made only a brief appearance yesterday. I'm trying to catch up so I can get to bed before you snare me! 😅😘💕

Back