The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub, All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive Bar

e01a3f60199911ba81a9d710acbbd765084717d2ef22303417ddd3f90b851e38_1.jpg
Peanuts Halloween special…
1728135863092.gif

So I did something dumb yesterday. Before I left to pick squash, I didn’t have time for coffee.

and I ended up being so busy I just never bothered. But around 7pm I started getting a headache. Still have one. Caffeine withdrawal.

Back on the wagon tho, don’t worry!!

Can anyone spot the error in this (il)logic???

There is no such thing as "no time for coffee." After all, coffee makes time for you . . . .

Last edited:
Bone broth is so good for you! I make my own from the Costco chicken carcasses. I save them in the freezer until I have enough, dry roast them in my electric roaster, then add water and boil for 4 days. The bones disintegrate, calcium, phosphorus, and bone marrow leak out. The whole brew gets strained and put into freezer bags.
and for those who may have histamine issues or other issues for which slow cooking is not an option, there are pressure cooker (i.e. Instant Pot) recipes for making bone broth fast to reduce the histamines and other chemical mediators that can cause negative reactions in some 🤗
Bone broth @ 8-10 grams of protein per cup
Broth = flavored salt water :LOL:

Busy busy day.

Did a volunteer thing on my day off and picked veggies for a local farm. Abt 100 of us picked 80,000 pounds of spaghetti and butternut squash for people who don’t have access to fresh food thru local food pantries. It’s a non-profit farm who donates 100% of their produce to a network of food pantries up and down the east coast.

It was really hard work.

Then mowed the lawn and split kindling at the farm.

Then pretty much vegged in front of the tv and ordered out. Fell asleep in front of the tv.

Off to beddy-bye. Over 23,000 steps.
That's God's work, W! Thank you for doing that! 🤗😘🤗
Your community is lucky to have you!

*Wonders if we could use that formula from Multiplicity - surely they've worked the bugs out by now. *

and for those who may have histamine issues or other issues for which slow cooking is not an option, there are pressure cooker (i.e. Instant Pot) recipes for making bone broth fast to reduce the histamines and other chemical mediators that can cause negative reactions in some 🤗
Bone broth @ 8-10 grams of protein per cup
Broth = flavored salt water :LOL:
Gonna attempt this

Ha! I ended up in Vegas last night. The hotel they put us up in has a huge pic of the Rat Pack. Ol’ Blue Eyes is crooning away, Dean and Sammy are sharing a mic, and the two I always forget are on either end, one singing the other checking out the pretty blonde in the front row of seats, so close he could reach out and touch her!

Get on the Big Ol’ Jet Airliner home today. Home by supper from the west coast. Not bad. Easy past few days, get home for half the weekend…can’t complain. Hope all y’all have a great Saturday! Enjoy!

View attachment 2403238
Hate to run into that whilst playing in the snow

I did that one time. Thought I had a killer flu. Was SO sick - for days.
Now it's decaf for me.
Caffeine is no longer my friend - my body processes it differently these days. 🤷‍♀️
Hope you feel better soon!! :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
Ya'll are scaring me wit this talk. I drink a pot throughout the day. The day I don't want it anymore is going to be rough

Coffee loves you so. Make time for it. You'll be glad you did.

If I miss coffee - it's rare but it has happened - I don't get a reaction. Sorry you did. Hope it's better now. Sounds a bit like a hangover.
Sometimes takes more than 1 day for symptoms to become known. And they can mimic a hangover or flu.

Ya'll are scaring me wit this talk. I drink a pot throughout the day. The day I don't want it anymore is going to be rough

If giving up caffeine, it's all in the taper.
Slowly wean off all sources of caffeine and hydrate, too.
I managed to go from over a pot of high-test a day plus tea/soda at lunch to zero caffeine in a matter of weeks. Zero withdrawal symptoms. 15 years now and I don't miss it. Thought I might but rarely do. 🤷‍♀️

The day I don’t want coffee is the day they lower me into the ground.

I have a saying that I learned in the army, “even a bad cuppa coffee is a good cuppa coffee.” True. I am not selective when it comes to the bean.

Back