The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub, All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive Bar

Hurricane Milton 🌀 reaches category 5 status (catastrophic) winds currently at 160 mph. Traveling west to northeast, landfall expected in Tampa area Wednesday morning continuing in to Thursday with 125 mph winds. Rainfall of 8-12 inches, with some as high as 12-18 inches with a storm surge of 8-12 feet. I as well as everyone on this thread I'm sure wish everyone the best and safest outcome possible.
Makes me a little scared

They are trying to clean the piles of debris from the curbs from helene. With the wind and water it only produces more projectiles.
It feels most unfair that another storm is in the works so soon after the first. I hope enough can be cleared to minimize the big dangers.
🫂 Here's hoping for storm downgrades... lots of downgrades

Hurricane Milton 🌀 reaches category 5 status (catastrophic) winds currently at 160 mph. Traveling west to northeast, landfall expected in Tampa area Wednesday morning continuing in to Thursday with 125 mph winds. Rainfall of 8-12 inches, with some as high as 12-18 inches with a storm surge of 8-12 feet. I as well as everyone on this thread I'm sure wish everyone the best and safest outcome possible.

Kids live there. Hmmmm . . . .

I missed checking in this morning

Afternoon, RJ
How's your leg doing? Hope the healing is going well and you're not too itchy!!
I have physical therapy and it almost feels normal now, almost. Yes it's itchy but PT has a desensitizing cream for that.
Yep... and keep sending that dish back to the kitchen until they learn to get the recipe right!!
*stamps foot
giphy.gif
for emphasis*
:nana: :rose:

I have physical therapy and it almost feels normal now, almost. Yes it's itchy but PT has a desensitizing cream for that.
So glad your healing up well!!! There's a joke in there about desensitizing cream and legs but I'll leave that to someone else to finesse it out. :ROFLMAO:
Soon you'll be taking a twirl on the dance floor once again!! 🕺

I feel badly that that I downplayed the last one. I’m hoping for the the best for our Florida contingent and everyone else who is in the path of the storm. 🙏🙏🙏

Some weather people are saying it’s a Cat 6 ?!? also that the roads are being shut down so people who were going to evacuate, won’t be able to.
In that case, I know even more friends who will be riding it out, and not that prepared. Stay safe everyone.

Not sure Cat 6 is currently an actual category. What can top catastrophic?

Some weather people are saying it’s a Cat 6 ?!? also that the roads are being shut down so people who were going to evacuate, won’t be able to.
In that case, I know even more friends who will be riding it out, and not that prepared. Stay safe everyone.

Yah it's not good. I hope your friends and everyone else is safe.

Makes me sick. Family I'm Sarasota evacuating to miami..... there will be devastation.....

I’m not religious at all, but im prayin.
🙏🙏🙏

Had a lovely evening.

Met my daughter for dinner and caught up. Been a few weeks. Then we went to the community college where she (and I) went and caught a volleyball game.

She played there in her first two years of college before playing for a small D3 school. Caught up w her coach after the game too. Really nice nite.

I went there in the 80s after I graduated from HS. Lots is still the same, so a nice trip down memory lane.

And they won 3-0.

Back