The Annual Halloween Contest Is Coming!

Perdita, mi amiga,

I console myself with my aggregate views over all of my stories, and think of those to come for stories not yet written - and which won't be during November!

Alex

fewking hell

Wow I was well impressed with my very first submission to Literotica; 'Treating the Trick' getting a score of 3.95, and 39 votes with 5629 views, not bad for a Virgin ;)

I'm working on my second story but getting some editing from a volunteer editor, (poor lass) to help to make it read better.

This ere Literotica forum is one seriously motivating list.
Thanks to everyone who posts here for keeping my interest up and writing energy going.

Cheers

Gol

Congratulations and well done to all authors that took part. The standard of entries was extremely high, and the spirit of support has been wonderful. The three winners were very deserved in their placings.

Colly, a huge thank you to you. I take what you said about my story as a huge compliment, coming from an author of such high calibre as yourself. Thank you so much for the support, it means a lot to me.

I know I've said a lot of this in an email, but I just want to repeat it publicly. You thoroughly deserve all of the congratulations that you are getting, I am so happy for you.

Keep it real. ;)

Lou :kiss:

well, that was fun, wasn't it? I wish I'd had time to read more entries now, I didn't see any of the top 3...

PS how do we know who got the 'last place' trophy?

ax

Svenskaflicka said:
*lol at SMUK's AV*
That's great. Thank you Svenska, I'd never given it more than a quick glance.

Very clever, Ax.

smiling, Perdita

First of all, WAY TO GO, COLLY!

Now since we're playing, "I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours," here are the Rumple's Retching Results: 4.44 - 50 - 3874.

I'm going to PM Laurel and beg, plead, grovel, and in general pester her to save us the trouble of hand-checking all the scores and just tells us who, at least among the AH irregulars, finished last. Until then, it's time for the rest of you to show us yours.

Rumple Foreskin

Thanks Lou, Svenskaflicka and of course to the incomperable Rumple :)

Anyone who wants to meet me at Benny Haven's I'll be buying as soon as my check comes ;)

-Colly

Last edited:
I think I have been maligned, I scored five of 13 and it called me Cujo. That means I'ma dog right?

-Colly ;)

Bloody Hell!

12 out of 13. Pure guesswork as I don't think I've read any of the books mentioned except Herbert's and Jane Eyre.

It called me Carrie, too. I am so not a girl!

Alex

Nothing personal Perdita, but I'm not even going to try. After taking Svenflicka's "Harry Potter" quiz and being labeled Harry Potter, what else is there for me to accomplish?

Rumple HP Foreskin

My vital statistics:

4.43 with 35 votes and 6328 views.

I never seem to get as many views as other people, although my votes and feedback are usually quite good. Anyone have any tips on how to get people reading in the first place?

Congratulations, winners! Well done!

"A Cat of Nightblack Hue" finished with 81 votes, a score of 4.71, and 4500 views. None too shabby! ;)

Sabledrake

Last edited:
"The Conquerer Frog" rated 4.67 with 40 votes and 2752 views, but that's okay because I liked it. Had a hell of a time getting it posted though. I think it might be cursed.:D

---dr.M.

cahab said:
I never seem to get as many views as other people, although my votes and feedback are usually quite good. Anyone have any tips on how to get people reading in the first place?

Try a grabbier title. I see that your entry was called "Helen". No offense, but not exactly an attention-getter. "Helen's Night Of Throbbing Halloween Passion" might have done it.:D

---dr.M.

Rumple Foreskin said:
Nothing personal Perdita, but I'm not even going to try. After taking Svenflicka's "Harry Potter" quiz and being labeled Harry Potter, what else is there for me to accomplish?

Rumple HP Foreskin

Ehmmm... gloat? That's what I would do.:cool:

kiss and tell...

well Ok, I was 4.72 for 25.
What's really odd is that 12 hours previously I was about 4.6-ish for 35!! Where'd the other votes go? Not that I'm complaining, 'cos I got a higer average for it...

And before you say it, no I wasn't deliberately increasing my votes :p

ax

cahab said:
My vital statistics:

4.43 with 35 votes and 6328 views.

excellent article at Writers resources:

How to Get People to Read your Story by Whispersecret. Not exhaustive, but a good start.

Sabledrake,
4500 votes???!!! WOW!!!! Now that's what I call success! Not just that so many voted, but the score also being so high. I need to re-read the story.

Halloween Masquerade: 4.55 193votes 37084 views
The Wild Rose: 3.92 40votes 6270views

I'm happy. :)

LP,

Aren't you ashamed of teasing poor sabledrake about his little typo? nudge-nudge, wink-wink, giggle-giggle, snicker-snicker :D

Rumple Foreskin

VIEWS. Sorry. Views. If I ever had a story get that many votes, I'd fall down in a faint.

Sabledrake
P.S. -- psst, Rumple ... I'm a girl! ;)

Back