didn’t choose to be beaten

I didn’t get to have the fair fights

my story is a dime a fucking dozen
in the ghetto no matter
what colour or creed you are

No war but class war
👊

Thanks to you and GP for giving my muse a nudge with your poems. :heart:

And todski, your poem is powerful! I truly love how we inspire each other here.

It’s full of my typical verbiage and in ability to shut the hell up, but I appreciate the kind words Angie, you’re too kind to me :)

It’s full of my typical verbiage and in ability to shut the hell up, but I appreciate the kind words Angie, you’re too kind to me :)

I think both our poems are honest because we wrote what we experienced. And since it's the Writing Live thread I won't get on your case about editing. :D

:heart:

I wonder about that too, if everything else these day is simply semantics, but since I only know what I know and that isn’t much, easier to keep quiet and work

I agree. I've about had it with social media cause I'm sick of the endless arguing over semantics (at best).

I agree. I've about had it with social media cause I'm sick of the endless arguing over semantics (at best).

I find it easier to not exist on social media aside from here, and enjoy the sun on my face and not arguing a point with someone who isn’t listening to what I’m saying and how I’m presenting it

moochie's latest in Poem-a-day for April... love the concept of these lines, never seen this expressed before so it came across as striking to me:

Pressing his tongue into her
to understand the texture
of her soft whimpering moans

the texture of her (soft whimpering) moans

it invites contemplation

29 word'sl atest work in April - Poem a Day has a synesthetic quality - I'd love to see it paired with an ilustraiton. And a fascinating link the link to the work of Mary Gartside

29 word'sl atest work in April - Poem a Day has a synesthetic quality - I'd love to see it paired with an ilustraiton. And a fascinating link the link to the work of Mary Gartside
Your wish is my command, even though not even close to Madame Gartside's non-figurative painting.

Moochienanu's We are nurses in the April - Poem a Day thread sucinctly encapsulates the frustraion of health care provivers with this ongoing covid pandemic.

Congrats on those that went through the NaPoWrimo I tried and barely scraped together a whimper.

Not sure what doing on but couldn’t write to save my life at the moment,

Appreciate the reads all of you!

I wish I'd had the time to keep up with the NaPo thread, and I would like to catch up on all I haven't read yet, eventually, because there was good stuff in what I've read so far. Congrats to those who got through it. I know what a challenge it can be. :)

Sincere thanks and congrats to all who took part in this April folly. By my count only Moochienanu filled the full 30 poems. followed by 29 and me at 28, River Maya at 12, Winter Fire at 12,and Butters at 5.

Sincere thanks and congrats to all who took part in this April folly. By my count only Moochienanu filled the full 30 poems. followed by 29 and me at 28, River Maya at 12, Winter Fire at 12,and Butters at 5.
some wonderful reads in there, P... just sorry i didn't get to contribute more. real busy time of year for us here, getting the ground ready and planting. country life, eh? 🙃

Re: the April thread

So glad I got to share the space again this year. I’m always in awe reading other people’s compositions and learning about them and how they are the world.

It’s a beautiful thing, to be able to share this. Thank you, everyone.

Back