The lowest of the low

Lauren Hynde said:
Why should they be forced to do that? Why do you need to know who they are? All you need to know is that there is a control system in place, and if their votes are fraudulent they will be eliminated.

ah, a secret cabal of poetry avengers.

Again try word substition (privacy - secrecy).

I would like to know who they are so I can get an idea of the validity of the vote, dipping into your form of sarcasm, what do you not understand about that?

anonamouse said:
I would like to know who they are so I can get an idea of the validity of the vote
The validity of the vote is the same as that of any other vote. It is one vote from one person. All you need to know is that if it isn't valid, it will be deleted.

Lauren Hynde said:
The validity of the vote is the same as that of any other vote. It is one vote from one person. All you need to know is that if it isn't valid, it will be deleted.

Really? If I say something to piss somebody off,and then "one" I am given, I am supposed the same weight, credibility to someone that has taken time with a submission.

Why is this all I need to know?

anonamouse said:
ah, a secret cabal of poetry avengers.

Again try word substition (privacy - secrecy).

I would like to know who they are so I can get an idea of the validity of the vote, dipping into your form of sarcasm, what do you not understand about that?

Conspiracy theories abound !! Though I was thinking in terms of elitist snobs looking down on the uppity masses.

I'd be curious to hear what you think of the rough draft proposal I'm still thrashing out with the Vixxx. I left an earlier version at:

https://forum.literotica.com/showpost.php?p=13545401&postcount=242

Just seeking some positive input; trying to address some of the concerns I've seen reflected on these threads. Just aiming for a win-win situation here.

anonamouse said:
Really? If I say something to piss somebody off,and then "one" I am given, I am supposed the same weight, credibility to someone that has taken time with a submission.

I don't know. Could you rephrase that in English, please?

anonamouse said:

Really? If I say something to piss somebody off,and then "one" I am given, I am supposed the give the same weight, credibility to someone that has taken time (and let me know what is wrong) with a submission.

Better?

Lauren Hynde said:
So, how do you know that some supposed trolls don't think the same way as you? How do you know they're trolls, and not simply people who have some free time and have taken on to them the task of re-ballancing the top lists by voting down poems they feel are not worthy?

there are two kinds of people in the world,
those helping hands and those who are a handfull
those who are positive and those who are negative...<grin>
those who praise others and inspire
and those who leave a destructive wake behind them

My Erotic Tale said:

i tend to think the human condition is a bit more complex than that.

twelveoone said:
I seem to remember some threads, started by you over less than 5.
You're right. I just couldn't pass up the paint chip humor. :D

My Erotic Tale said:
Those who see the world in black and white, and...

PatCarrington said:

especially in this place
:D

morning Mr Carrington, I trust your summer is going well?

Tathagata said:
especially in this place

morning Mr Carrington, I trust your summer is going well?

morning Mr. T.

i've got the ocean to the east of me and a tavern to the west...how can i go wrong? :)

how 'bout those red stockings? has boston gotten used to happiness yet?

PatCarrington said:
morning Mr. T.

i've got the ocean to the east of me and a tavern to the west...how can i go wrong? :)

how 'bout those red stockings? has boston gotten used to happiness yet?

heaven to the right
heaven to the west
( depending on your point of view of course)

we can only take it in small doses, puritanical roots and all, if we are happy for too long we become convinced we are doing something sinful.

Tathagata said:
those who just see it

dont forget about those who eat it too

and then there is the smelling thing.
my world smells like french toast and syrup
and peppermint.

and my big philosophical question today is:
who is bringing my coffee???

annaswirls said:
dont forget about those who eat it too

and then there is the smelling thing.
my world smells like french toast and syrup
and peppermint.

and my big philosophical question today is:
who is bringing my coffee???
Do you want it black? Or white?

Lauren Hynde said:
Those who see the world in black and white, and...

I am sorry Lauren, I didn't know...
most people see the world in color.
This explains your ......alot <grin>

like the fact that those that want the anon voting to stay in place
obviously use it, or why would you want to allow such a thing? Is there an
honorable way to be anonymous? The ninjas cloak in the dark to decieve. The only reason I could think 'lit' uses such a tool is more poeple will comment as somebody they are not? To get more pages open daily? This truely has been an elightening thread. It does show those who vote with inspiration and kindness and those who have riddled souls using the full spectrum and partial to anon voting. Funny but it basicly has shined a spot light on the troll mentality.

PatCarrington said:

well it is simple really, you either do ...or you don't

I admit I haven't read the whole thread so somebody enlighten me, what is a good excuse for having anon voting? Was there at one time no anon voting and they saw a problem where they had to instill one, for a purpose?

I also notice those that don't post very often are happy with the anon voting system and those who post frequently do not, a pattern there as well?

Back