The Second Amendment for Dummies.

Big city women are beginning to pack too.

I think there might be an interesting Venn diagram between that and the anti-gun people who also want to defund the police.
Hmmmm. JoePee? Know what? I wrote out a long and thoughtful reply to all of this but then I realized that you weren’t going to read it. That you were just doing your daily run through of the forum, marking each and every thread with your goofy, quick comments, crapping all over the board. And then you’ll be off to do whatever useless stuff you do during the day.

The best and only thing I can do is to wish you a good day. Tell you not to speak to anyone leading people to believe you’re a wise introvert contemplating things.

The bottom line for me, is that the current make up of the Court agrees with my position, and that's not likely to change during the rest of my lifetime.

So when the anti-Constitutionalist fall to their fainting couches, I just nod, look concerned, and go on about my business.

So when the anti-Constitutionalist fall to their fainting couches, I just nod, look concerned, and go on about my business.
I'm not an anti-Consitutionalist but I hate our current gun laws. Now you just look confused.

The bottom line for me, is that the current make up of the Court agrees with my position, and that's not likely to change during the rest of my lifetime.

They don’t have to fall to their fainting couches. They can always vent their grievances in this forum.

They don’t have to fall to their fainting couches. They can always vent their grievances in this forum.

Or X, or TikTok, or legacy media, or...

Interesting semi off topic thread drift; yesterday an anchor on CNN wondered why people are acting all anti-semetic and everything. My response is that they're doing it because legacy media has spent years telling a certain segment of society that it's ok to act like violent assholes in public. So of course the idiots who listened to CNN tell them that riots are peaceful, masks work, natural immunity doesn't work, that people who refuse to get the clot shot are murderers, Trump bad, and so on, aren't going to listen to "the voice of reason" telling them not to riot against "the enemy" the media created.

The fact that those same news instigators have now seemingly switched sides isn't going to register with the mob.

It's the same thing about guns and gun control. Media and lobbyists are lying again and some people have embraced the lies. When those lies are exposed, all that's left for the sociopathic progressives on the left is to get violent.

Last edited:
I think you'll find more than a casual relationship there.
I doubt we’ll be able to find data on that, but the recent NBC News poll does produce some interesting findings about which demographic groups are availing themselves of their 2A rights these days. It’s Democrats, especially black voters.

In 2019, 64% of Republican voters reported that their household had a firearm, compared with 33% of Democrats. The figure for Republicans has risen two points over four years, compared with eight for Democrats.

In 2019, 24% of black voters were in gun households. Today it’s 41%, up 17 points. Over the same period, the number for white voters rose only three points, from 53% to 56%.

I doubt we’ll be able to find data on that, but the recent NBC News poll does produce some interesting findings about which demographic groups are availing themselves of their 2A rights these days. It’s Democrats, especially black voters.

In 2019, 64% of Republican voters reported that their household had a firearm, compared with 33% of Democrats. The figure for Republicans has risen two points over four years, compared with eight for Democrats.

In 2019, 24% of black voters were in gun households. Today it’s 41%, up 17 points. Over the same period, the number for white voters rose only three points, from 53% to 56%.
So the issue here is that black folks are getting closer to what white folks have?

After decades of oppression to keep black folks from attaining the same level of white folks….

So the issue here is that black folks are getting closer to what white folks have?

After decades of oppression to keep black folks from attaining the same level of white folks….
Absolutely. Black Americans are exercising their 2A rights in growing numbers,

Absolutely. Black Americans are exercising their 2A rights in growing numbers,
Again….catching up to what white folks have. After all of those rules against black folks having guns too.

So glad you are recognizing change can occur.

Again….catching up to what white folks have. After all of those rules against black folks having guns too.

So glad you are recognizing change can occur.
Absolutely. Tremendous civil rights progress has been made over the past 50+ years.

Absolutely. Tremendous civil rights progress has been made over the past 50+ years.
And I’m sure your compatriots would find many notsobrightbart stories that would show how large of a problem that is.

Just the black folks part of it. No issues with the white folks part.

I mean your hero in Florida does all he can to reduce others that are not like him.

And I’m sure your compatriots would find many notsobrightbart stories that would show how large of a problem that is.

Just the black folks part of it. No issues with the white folks part.

I mean your hero in Florida does all he can to reduce others that are not like him.
I don’t speak for anyone other than myself on the Forum. Whoever these “compatriots” are, you’ll have to ask them about their perspectives. Sounds like you are still bitter that the Florida governor took away some special privileges the Disney corporation enjoyed. lol.

Or X, or TikTok, or legacy media, or...

Interesting semi off topic thread drift; yesterday an anchor on CNN wondered why people are acting all anti-semetic and everything. My response is that they're doing it because legacy media has spent years telling a certain segment of society that it's ok to act like violent assholes in public. So of course the idiots who listened to CNN tell them that riots are peaceful, masks work, natural immunity doesn't work, that people who refuse to get the clot shot are murderers, Trump bad, and so on, aren't going to listen to "the voice of reason" telling them not to riot.

The fact that those same news instigators have now seemingly switched sides isn't going to register with the mob.

It's the same thing about guns and gun control. Media and lobbyists are lying again and some people have embraced the lies. When those lies are exposed, all that's left for the sociopathic progressives on the left is to get violent.
glad that you are still diligently watching cnn from your fainting couch.

derp.

I don’t speak for anyone other than myself on the Forum. Whoever these “compatriots” are, you’ll have to ask them about their perspectives. Sounds like you are still bitter that the Florida governor took away some special privileges the Disney corporation enjoyed. lol.
Oh you know them well… but that’s okay.

Did the Nazi Governor aim to take the special status away from all or just one group who spoke out against him?

What’s that? Just One group?

Sounds like a free speech issue. So much for rights. Guess as long as you have 2a…

Oh you know them well… but that’s okay.

Did the Nazi Governor aim to take the special status away from all or just one group who spoke out against him?

What’s that? Just One group?

Sounds like a free speech issue. So much for rights. Guess as long as you have 2a…
Yes, we still have our constitutional rights and you’re still bitter toward Florida’s state government.

Yes, we still have our constitutional rights and you’re still bitter toward Florida’s state government.
Some don’t seem to have speech rights, especially when they don’t line up with your beliefs.

Glad it only applies to certain people. Maybe the 2a rights only apply… wait I see where you are going with this.

I couldn't agree more, which is why I'm a fan of education and familiarization.
The problem is that your stand on people possessing the power of firearms is that there should be no limit at all, in any case, of possession. You regard any attempt at requirements for education, training, or consequences for lack of either as a limitation on your power.

Note: I'm using 'power' instead of 'rights' or 'freedom' because this debate is about power.

You people act like there is no Venn intersection other than that of a gun owner and a Trump supporter.

A lot of black Democrats are gun owners too. Add Native Americans to that list.

Now, I wonder, why the fuck is that? Those nine little words of fear?

Oh yeah, I have Nines too...
Which people are acting like that, AJ? You're creating a false narrative and ascribing it to people who don't hold that position.

Again, hearken back to Federalist 29 and the Constitution. The Founders never intended for there to be a perpetual standing Army. They saw that as a threat to the Republic. In Article One we read that the Army is to be funded for no more than 2 years. In #29 we read that the militia is intended to be an antidote to an Army used for nefarious purposes.

There was always a danger in instituting and 'all volunteer' standing Army. The political class could indoctrinate (as we are seeing today) said Army and turn it against the civilian population. The idea behind conscription (the draft) was that there would be an Army made up of citizen soldiers that would serve for a finite period of time and then return to their lives among the civilian population. I, for one, would not be against a return of the draft.

The Founders also quickly discovered that a militia can't win wars! And often even battles.

They haven't got the equipment, they haven't got training or discipline, and above all they haven't got the logistics.

Even in the late 18th Century an army that could fight and win wars was an enormous undertaking that required material to be gathered from all over, manufactured into usable equipment and consumeables, and then delivered to where they are needed. In the modern day no militia could field things like a proper air force or navy, nor really important things like satellite surveillance and modern intelligence infrastructure. They'd be nuked or gassed into oblivion because they'd have no way to respond or protect themselves.

As far as conscription goes, it will work if it applies to everybody! Conscription succeeded in WWII because it applied to every one. It failed in Vietnam because there were many ways to avoid it. Ways that favoured the wealthy and powerful. On top of that 'in country' tours were a year for enlisted and NCOs, six months for officers.

Finally, military service ensures no love for democracy. As Michael Flynn demonstrates so well.

The Founders also quickly discovered that a militia can't win wars! And often even battles.

They haven't got the equipment, they haven't got training or discipline, and above all they haven't got the logistics.

Even in the late 18th Century an army that could fight and win wars was an enormous undertaking that required material to be gathered from all over, manufactured into usable equipment and consumeables, and then delivered to where they are needed. In the modern day no militia could field things like a proper air force or navy, nor really important things like satellite surveillance and modern intelligence infrastructure. They'd be nuked or gassed into oblivion because they'd have no way to respond or protect themselves.

As far as conscription goes, it will work if it applies to everybody! Conscription succeeded in WWII because it applied to every one. It failed in Vietnam because there were many ways to avoid it. Ways that favoured the wealthy and powerful. On top of that 'in country' tours were a year for enlisted and NCOs, six months for officers.

Finally, military service ensures no love for democracy. As Michael Flynn demonstrates so well.
That is also addressed in #29.

I put The Federalist Papers into the same category as The Bible.

People too attached to it are usually using it as an excuse, not a guideline.

Some don’t seem to have speech rights, especially when they don’t line up with your beliefs.

Glad it only applies to certain people. Maybe the 2a rights only apply… wait I see where you are going with this.

We all have free speech rights as explained in the First Amendment. Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech.

Back