To keep the review thread clean...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Rybka

I'm really flattererd that you mentioned Heroic Coupling (couplets, were I to have been more accurate) here. It's a parody of Pope of course -- and Pope was parodying Homer (Greek not Roman!!). I don't regard myself as much of a poet -- more of a sleazebag. To prove my point, it's got shit all votes so far.
But thanks anyway. Poli kala!
Evelyn

And thanks Trent Dutch too

for your mention of Clerihew Boy.

Loved your defintion of Occident. Tony would definitely not approve.

E.

flyguy69 said:
Or too little!

The bunnies seem to like it when I treat them rough; sink my teeth into their backsides, plunge my finger into their hollow guts, suck the sugar right out of their skin. Peeps, on the otherhand, are all about romance and song.

until you microwave them. then they're all about screams and explosion.

flyguy69 said:
So do the bunnies. But I didn't want to seem like a sicko.

lol. I saw a thing on tv last week about a guy who creates artwork with peeps. they're awfully versatile for dopey little marshmallows. :D

Angeline said:
lol. I saw a thing on tv last week about a guy who creates artwork with peeps. they're awfully versatile for dopey little marshmallows. :D
You're up too late at night.

WickedEve said:

<snip>

[url=http://english.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=193223]Second Nature

by Angeline ©

I love your big Mick Jagger lip,
your saddest eye. I even loved you
when you got that ugly sty.
I never count the days
that piled up to now,
nor ever look ahead,
but welcome every moment
yet to mow us down
in glorious discordant harmony.

A real love poem, because real love is a big lip and an ugly sty. Make sure to read this one. It's my favorite of the day.

----------

There are more and I'll try to mention a few more. Please, let me know what you enjoyed reading today. :)

Thanks Eve and those who commented. Getting near two years later and I still feel this way. It must be love, eh? :D

Angeline said:
Thanks Eve and those who commented. Getting near two years later and I still feel this way. It must be love, eh? :D
As it turns out, marshmallow critters are the traditional gift for second anniversaries. :D

Congrats (in advance) A and EE!

Thank You

A sincere and heartfelt thank you to everyone who voted for, and commented on, my most recent posting: Ménage à Trois (Alone in a Hotel at 11 PM)

Thanks Art, for the mention of my poem, Tonight On KILU, yesterday. Also, much thanks to those who took the time to PC, leaving useful criticism.

Last edited by a moderator:
Er?

I think it should be "Yin Yang".

Yin: the feminine, the soft, receptive.
Yang: the masculine, penetrative, hard.

Chinese is one of the easiest languages for an English speaker; hardly any grammar.

Love
Evelyn

Thank you Syndra

for being so kind, answering all my messages, and mentioning my poem. I am pleased you like it. I also want to say thanks to Bridget69 for leaving a comment.

I hope others will read and leave comments so I can improve.

wordwytch

Du Lac

Du Lac,

Thank you for including my poem, Ménage à Trois (Alone in a Hotel at 11 M), in today's collection of reviewed works.

Here's a small token of my gratitude: :rose:

Thanks, again, to everyone who commented.

P&B

Fflow

PS: Nice AVs Eve, Angeline, and Syndra!

Duckie!

Thanks for the mention of my dirty poem, Disposable Muse, in your reviews today ;)

neonurotic said:
Thanks for the mention of my dirty poem, Disposable Muse, in your reviews today ;)

Dirty?

It was supposed to be dirty?

Oh...um...never mind. :D

duckiesmut said:
What a day for poetry (especially of the steamy variety)!

My suggestions for Monday, and as always, please feel free to jump in and suggest your own. :) We all see the same words differently.

<snip>

Sergeant Bunny's Last Stand
by Angeline

He wasn't the politest stallion
in the stable, but awful handy
to have around, and when he danced
he could knock the Earth
from its axis. However briefly.

You make me wish I knew more about jazz history. I enjoyed the poem as a whole, but the section above, especially the however briefly, stands out for me. A reminder that nothing keeps the Earth off its axis for too long.

<snip>
And the rest of the New Poems for your reading pleasure. :D

Thank you for recommending my poem and thanks to those who commented. It's for my friend smithpeter and references a lot of his poems. Sergeant Bunny was my favorite recurring character of his; I always used to ask him to write more Sergeant Bunny poems. :)

The jazz references were to Charlie Mingus and Rashaan Roland Kirk, sp's jazz heroes.

And Eve I cried the entire time I was writing it, but I think that was at least partly hormonal. :D

Anyway here's Sergeant Bunny as seen by sp. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if I shared it.

Attachments

• Seargeant-Bunny.jpg
    Seargeant-Bunny.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 17
Originally posted by Evelyn_Carrol:

I think it should be "Yin Yang".

Yin: the feminine, the soft, receptive.
Yang: the masculine, penetrative, hard.

Chinese is one of the easiest languages for an English speaker; hardly any grammar.

Love
Evelyn

Yin & Yang actually possess a deeper meaning that is more pertinent and predominant. Nature itself is voiceless and meaningless when considered in isolation, only when viewed with the perspective of (human) consciousness does it posess meaning. So the yin/yang divide posesses no meaning unless viewed in the human context. For the Chinese Yin refered to the part of the mind which is historically or culturally trained or conditioned... in a similar way to Freuds ego & id... the earthly Yin mind. In opposition to this was the Heavenly Yang consciousness, which balanced the Yin mind. A primary operation of Nei Tan (inner alchemy, as opposed to Wei Tan, outer alchemy) was Yin convergence... Fostering of the Yang, and forming a state dominated by Yang consciousness by driving out of the Yin mind. This was usually achieved through meditation... thus the Toa Te Ching states:

"Empty yourself of everything,
Let the mind rest at peace.
The 10,000 things rise and fall while the self watches their return. They grow old and flourish and then return to the source.
Returning to the source is stillness,
Which is the way of Nature".

In this way Yin conditioning remains the 'guest' and Yang the 'host'. Stabilising the wandering mind in this way will allow the seed of the 'golden flower' to take root and put fourth shoots. I think it is very interesting that the 'golden flower' is referred to this early in Alchemys history... with the Golden pill being the title of the physical product of alchemy (which was only performed to prolong life to pursue the inner alchemical path). Through this we see the begginings of the two poles of alchemy... the outer path searching to make physical gold, the inner path attempting to create 'spiritual' gold.

Angeline said:
And Eve I cried the entire time I was writing it, but I think that was at least partly hormonal. :D
I'm all hormonal, too. But if I wasn't, I'd still cry. When I posted the sp inspired poems of mine, I cried the whole time. I cry a lot. lol

Scott N. Leavitt said:
Am I the only one that thinks this guy can really write. My Erotic Tale is great!!If you want leaves and stuff like that you shold really like this poem a whole lot. ZMP~ Leaves that don't fall
I sent him an email asking what ZMP means. I'm sure I should know, and I'm just having a dumb moment. I wanted to find out before commenting on the poem. :) I bet he'll be tickled to have such an enthusiastic fan. Always feel free to mention any poems you like on this thread.

WickedEve said:
I sent him an email asking what ZMP means. I'm sure I should know, and I'm just having a dumb moment. I wanted to find out before commenting on the poem. :) I bet he'll be tickled to have such an enthusiastic fan. Always feel free to mention any poems you like on this thread.

eve, you're so polite and nice.

such a southern belle. :)

when is the debutante ball? :cool: i'm dying to see you with a fan.

PatCarrington said:
eve, you're so polite and nice.

such a southern belle. :)

when is the debutante ball? :cool: i'm dying to see you with a fan.

That and a low cut dress.... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back