To keep the review thread clean...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you

Tristesse for mentioning "kaishaku-nin" in your reviews. I wasn't sure how seppuku would play as a poem.

k.

Kaishaku said:
Tristesse for mentioning "kaishaku-nin" in your reviews. I wasn't sure how seppuku would play as a poem.

k.

I think we need to know more about this seppuku of which you speak.

:)

Thank you PoeTess

for your mention of Haunted and Fool's Wager. I also appreciate all those who have read them and those who commented.

:rose:

probably not the best place to post this,

I make sure I check the necessary box for "public comments" when I submit my work, and my view submissions page says that comments are switched on.
I am getting votes, so that appears to be working OK,
however there are no public comment boxes displayed beneath any of my
poems ?
any one got any ideas what's going wrong ?

midwicket said:
probably not the best place to post this,

I make sure I check the necessary box for "public comments" when I submit my work, and my view submissions page says that comments are switched on.
I am getting votes, so that appears to be working OK,
however there are no public comment boxes displayed beneath any of my
poems ?
any one got any ideas what's going wrong ?
(I'll reply here and then I'll move these non-review posts to the other thread.)
Here's a screenshot of my member's page:
http://www.eveshabit.com/boredcow/pc.jpg
At the bottom of the page, make sure you click save, unless you clicked yes for public comments when you submitted your poem. Is yes checked for your public comments?

Sabina_Tolchovsky said:
<clip> Tristesse
you had some wonderful sexy poems this morning...
Wet dream

these lines got me in particular:

"a guide to the map of your body
with short-cuts to pleasure."

also, don't miss out on Jungle Lovers :kiss: </clip>

Thank you Sabina and thanks, too, to all who left comments and PMs. :kiss:

Kaishaku said:
and I was working on a grand explantion of the ritual... oh well, I guess google got me.

k.

I'm sorry. My signature is a give away. Your poem is truly lovely even if the subject's a bit harsh.

*whispering in an awestruck voice... Darkmaas is still alive? Cool beans!

Nice to see you, Dark. I'm so sorry to hear about Viola. Maybe you will answer a question that has plagued me for a long time...

Are Viola and Violetta cats or African Violets?

Boo said:

Maybe you will answer a question that has plagued me for a long time...

Are Viola and Violetta cats or African Violets?

African Violets of course. Although cats exude an elite sense of mystery that seems poetic, I have yet to meet one that had any opinion whatsoever on the sonnet form ...

Last edited:
darkmaas said:
I've been away. The wallpaper has been changed but the place still seems the same. I see the aged trout is back. (Send a pitcher of beer with olives over to that table in the corner). Miss Hynde seems to have acquired furnishings for her AV. Where's the Fool? It must be his turn to buy.

Hi Ange.

*What you hope to get out of your time at lit (please include level of critique you are looking for)

On a good day the poetry corner of Lit. is like a comfortable oasis in a bad part of town. You go to meet old friends, share gossip and read a bit of poetry. Every now and then someone staggers in from another forum and throws up on your table but it only adds to the "charm".

On some days this forum is a bit like the stuff growing on the leftovers in my fridge. You watch with fascination in the hope that before everything goes brown and mushy, there might erupt a flash of blue or red mould.

*What do you hope to contribute to the poetry community at literotica? What role do you see yourself playing here?

I used to do reviews on Mondays. It was hard work. (Hats off to the present crop of reviewers.) I had a pair of assistants but Viola died over the winter and Violetta only did it because she knew it annoyed Viola so ... I guess I'll settle for contributing the odd bit of conversation (prurient or otherwise).

*How would you describe your writing?

Variegated

*URL to your work at lit, personal website etc.

darkmaas writes

Hi Fred. :p

On some days this forum is a bit like the stuff growing on the leftovers in my fridge.

Like, say, plum sauce?

I'm so sorry to hear about Viola. She needs a replacement--we can't have Violetta feeling too comfy now, can we?

Nice to see you here. To say the least...

:rose:

I just caught sight of darkmaas across the crowded room and felt good.

It's so good to see you again.

eagleyez said:
Nice to see you back.!

And a fond hello to Darkmaas!

His Twelve Bar thread was the first to induce a contribution from me here on this Board, although, I enjoyed and had read and admired so much of the material and commentary as a lurker for quite some time. I agree with his analogy re: the "good neighborhood."
I like to joke around and comment on politics and history and music on the General Board, but find the tone and nastiness a bit much there. That said, I know there are some very nice and sincere and witty, funny people there. As for all the rest of the Boards at Lit, well, I dont know anything about them, cause I havent even opened them.

I started writing and absorbing poetry at a young age, probably around 13 or so. As a San Fransisco kid, I was accidently exposed to the Beat tradition because living there, I saw City Lights bookstore and wondered about it's history, and also was aware of the famous gig's of Lenny Bruce at the Purple Onion night club and Ginsberg's initial readings of "Howl," both of which fascinated me because of the legal entganglement's they created re: Obscenity and First Amendment challenges they precipitated. I dont know why this all fascinated me so much, it just did.

My style? Hell, I dont know. One of my lifelong dreams has been to publish fiction, and I am much more particular about those projects than I am about my poems.
I shoot from the hip, rarely, if ever, edit. I am very influenced by Eastern poetic traditions, studied and became inspired by Ancient and Medieval European sources such as Chaucer, Boethius, the Pearl Poet, Dante, Virgil, just to name a few. Skip ahead and you will find me tickled by the 20th century, post industrial figures such as Joyce, Bellow, Faulkner, Alice Walker, Toni Morrison, Celine, Snyder,
Bukowski, Kerouac, and particularly, Gary Snyder, whose blending of east/west has always touched me deeply.

I consider it a stroke of luck and a priveledge to read and absorb much of the work found here on the Poetry Forum.

In this digital age, with all its speed and technology, I know of many who feel it is the fool's errand to write Poems. Malarky, they say.

Well, Im one fool who will happily disagree. I try to maintain a balance betwixt my writing endeavors and a busy life as a parent and workaday survivor. I value the whole of that spectrum, and, in the end, writing is FUN and dont cost me a dime yet enriches my life for sure.

What is a URL anyway? :) I guess Ange can fill me in on that Jazz.

As always, my best to all you kids out there.

(edited for some piss poor spelling)

And this I why I chase you around with my editing references. :p

and we've discussed urls before. i'll tell you again dear.

Waaah!

I've got to admit that I'm a little disappointed. I submitted two poems last week and neither were included in the review, and I've received one comment and 2 votes between them.

I don't expect praise for every thought that pops out of my head and lands on paper, but I do hope for some support, feedback, constructive criticism and the like....

Recently I moved all my poems from my old "Fflow" account to my new "Sander Roscoe Wolff" account. I decided that I'd post my erotic stories under the old one, and my poetry under the new one. Has that caused some confusion?

Anyway, I know that everyone can't read and vote or comment on everything, but I somehow expected a slightly different response.

Unless, of course, I offended everyone again in some way... I sure hope not. If I did, please tell me.

Anyway,

xoxo

SRW aka Fflow

PS: Did anyone guess what my AV is?

(move post)

Tristesse said:
....water's weight
weeping-willow-wannabes
Wow! That awot of awwiteration!
This one sparkles, Ms. Tesse!

Last edited by a moderator:
ishtat said:
I have just read all of Marie's 11 and I'm glad I started at the bottom and worked up as some of the stronger poems were towards the basement. I liked the fruity ones "Pick Raspberries " and "Who gets the Golden Apple" and "Yes I'll Spank you" :)

I really must keep an eye on this thread.

Let me explain something. It was suggested above that I should have let these poems through one at a time, over a period. Well, you should know a couple of things. Firstly I'm new here - I wrote stories rather than poems until a couple of weeks ago. Secondly these poems are a package; they were all inspired by one woman, even the ones which were not directly about her ("Who gets the golden apple" - I was searching for a photo to send to her, and came across the subject of the poem). They were all written over the last two weeks, and I wanted to present them together. Asking me to present them one at a time would have been like asking me to publish a book, then tear out the pages, then hand them to you one per week.

The very last one I wrote was "A Life Lived in Metaphor..." which kind of put the lid on the whole thing, because what was there left for me to do, except go back to metaphor? All I ever wanted to do, for heavens sake, was to tell a woman I loved her and wanted to have sex with her!

So. I have dozens of notes for poems, and when I get desperate enough to reach into the metaphor jar, I shall start to write again. You'll be the first to hear about it, because I shall dump another job lot here at literotica! :-D

Thanks for reading the stuff. Glad you liked it.

Marie

(I have "instant email reply" on, but it doesn't seem to be working!)

(move post)

Tristesse said:
Glass beads of rain on burgundy
leaves of some exotic plant
and silvered sheen on petals
heavy with last night's tears
the air is thick with humid regrets
for boughs that droop with water's weight
weeping-willow-wannabes
somewhere
a bird calls in sympathy
and the freshly-laundered sun