To keep the review thread clean...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Erotic Tale said:
is Du lookin to be a Virgin agin'?? <snickerin>
Lol.. I keep trying to grow that cherry back but dang someone keeps eating it!

I like RF in the bag with me.. hmmm what will be happening in that sack... squirming, wiggling and tons of giggling OWWWW's.. yum yum.. yup a good mate for the sack toss...
Or should I say the sack hop?
du

duckiesmut said:
Just checked, and there are more new ones. Reviews coming shortly...

There are 51 poems posted for today, give or take one, depending on if I counted them too quickly. ;)

More poems for your perusal and enjoyment...

Drumming Decadence
by Curiouswife

The first two stanzas felt a little...list-like compared to the compelling nature of the following three.

So much to hide
and slyly gratify
I can’t contain the smile
as I sneakily undress

This has a delicious, cat-eyeing-the-canary feel that I very much enjoyed.

a thousand days under the sun
by Liar

The white-on-black feel of this resonates, its simplicity mixed with an open-ended, feel that well-matches its topic.

Ballet School
by Tristesse

This beautifully expresses both the grace and pain of ballet. The blending in of ballet steps is done cleanly, and it feels unforced and natural.

Rain Dance
by sweet GA peaches

To me, this would be so much better condensed. The rhythm and flow are delightful, but the wording is...almost too much. But this:

Least not
a tender moment
that you and I
could share
this dance
bare,

feet naked,
In puddles.

This, I love.

**I do agree, a shorter version would have left a better punch to the end.** :rose:
Though I would love to say, and I will... finding this review here,
made a blush of this Sweet GA Peach.. and that my friends,
is the making of wine in the glass...thank you, for the soft pallete, and the licking of my lips .... Sweet GA Peaches.

well, it appears not all my peaches...

ARE IN THE BASKET, LOL....{ Forgive me, I am a VIRGIN, lol...@ DU LAC !!! }
I am here to re-write my thank-you for the mention in the poetry reviews, has made a peach blush... and to those who have welcomed me so sweeetly, a BIG thank you to you also ... hope to see ya'll at the orchard.. sweet GA peaches ;)

flyguy69 said:
It apparently no longer is one!

Thanks, Miss H. :rose:
I should have said silly. Sorry. I would have called it insane, but last time I did that the results were disastrous. It seems to be a touchy subject amongst some poetry aficionados. :D

PS: Thanks, Sophia & Blue

Thank you all for commenting and voting on my new poem Green Scream of a Dream... I appreciate the kind comments and thoughts
blessings
du lac~

PS quiet poet thank you for telling me that it left you wanting more at the end I achieved the desired effect then... because that was exactly why I wrote the ending that way... to leave the reader with desire for more.. and maybe to see the more before them
love ya
du~

Last edited:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Hynde
I always thought that was a rather stupid tradition.

It apparently no longer is one!

Thanks, Miss H.

I actually thought it was a nice tradition.... for a few reasons

1. It sucks to have to do double/triple the reviews for days where the challenges come out. I remember the "Still" challenge had a ton of entries!

2. It insures that ALL of the challenge poems are reviewed. The regular reviewer might not have had anything to do with the challenge, and should not have to review them all.

3. It makes the challenges more fun, having that extra review in there! Of course, I think it is best when the regular reviewer mentions the challenge poems that they really like, just like the others.

Why I am jumping in on this is beyond me. I do remember reviewing on a day that was intensely flooded with poems, and I remember challenges that I proposed, I thiought it was cool to review all of them. Like closure.

over and out

anna always with an opinion ;)

Finally, the incomparable annaswirls asks how do you do it, and takes us into the dumps of eviscerating poverty. This one is a must read for its striking imagery.

thanks for the mention Flyguy, :catroar: and thank you for doing the reviews, and for all you have brought to us here in this community.

I think I am going to put that poem in the thin skinned thread, because I know it did not fly, and I want to make it good.

~annaswirls

annaswirls said:
I actually thought it was a nice tradition.... for a few reasons

1. It sucks to have to do double/triple the reviews for days where the challenges come out. I remember the "Still" challenge had a ton of entries!

2. It insures that ALL of the challenge poems are reviewed. The regular reviewer might not have had anything to do with the challenge, and should not have to review them all.

3. It makes the challenges more fun, having that extra review in there! Of course, I think it is best when the regular reviewer mentions the challenge poems that they really like, just like the others.

Why I am jumping in on this is beyond me. I do remember reviewing on a day that was intensely flooded with poems, and I remember challenges that I proposed, I thiought it was cool to review all of them. Like closure.

over and out

anna always with an opinion ;)
:D opinions are nice, and I don't think ours are that different.

I think that the tradition of the new poems regular reviewer forgetting the challenge poems and leaving them to the challenge proponent is a rather silly one. That's what I meant. Of course that it can be a pain for the reviewer having to read all the poems when there are plenty of them, but that can happen whether there are challenges or not. He/she doesn't have to comment on or recommend them all, though. In my opinion, whoever is making reviews that day should read all the poems posted, challenge or not, and recommend those he/she thinks are best, challenge or not.

If, in addition that, the challenge proponent wants to review all the challenge poem, even better! That would not a silly tradition.

Look at what happened yesterday. The reviewer didn't review any of the challenge poems, because tradition says that's the challenge proponent's job. The challenge proponent hasn't shown his face around here since then yet :catroar:. So, instead of insuring that ALL of the challenge poems were reviewed, the tradition would have insured that NONE of them were. ;)

Lauren Hynde said:
:D opinions are nice, and I don't think ours are that different.

I think that the tradition of the new poems regular reviewer forgetting the challenge poems and leaving them to the challenge proponent is a rather silly one. That's what I meant. Of course that it can be a pain for the reviewer having to read all the poems when there are plenty of them, but that can happen whether there are challenges or not. He/she doesn't have to comment on or recommend them all, though. In my opinion, whoever is making reviews that day should read all the poems posted, challenge or not, and recommend those he/she thinks are best, challenge or not.

If, in addition that, the challenge proponent wants to review all the challenge poem, even better! That would not a silly tradition.

Look at what happened yesterday. The reviewer didn't review any of the challenge poems, because tradition says that's the challenge proponent's job. The challenge proponent hasn't shown his face around here since then yet :catroar:. So, instead of insuring that ALL of the challenge poems were reviewed, the tradition would have insured that NONE of them were. ;)
No, I did it because I'm lazy!

Actually, that tradition doesn't ensure anything any more than the tradition of the "challenger" only reviewing the poems of the challenge-- if a reviewer is absent, his or her work won't get done. Daily reviewers, and challengers, need to be responsible for their tasks. And I mean that until the day I forget mine. :D

My concern is that some challenges set specific requirements for the writers that the reviewer may not know. Yes, some poems are good with or without those constraints, but not all. The partner challenges come to mind. Or that "first and last line" thingy. I don't want to dis a poem because the voice changes, then learn that changing voices was a requirement.

And I'm too lazy to go and find out!

flyguy69 said:
And I mean that until the day I forget mine. :D
That was almost me today. :D

flyguy69 said:
My concern is that some challenges set specific requirements for the writers that the reviewer may not know.
Well, that's true, but most readers won't know that either. A poem either is good (for you) or it isn't - with or without restrictions. ;)

Lauren Hynde said:
That was almost me today. :D

Well, that's true, but most readers won't know that either. A poem either is good (for you) or it isn't - with or without restrictions. ;)
You have good points, Lauren. Make good points. I mean make good points.

What did you say, again?

:D

It is a tough thing

for me to really be 100% forward in a review. If I didn't luv you too, I would probably have let it go as an excellent poem, but you are too awesome to not just be me!

Smiling!

QP

Du Lac said:
Thank you all for commenting and voting on my new poem Green Scream of a Dream... I appreciate the kind comments and thoughts
blessings
du lac~

PS quiet poet thank you for telling me that it left you wanting more at the end I achieved the desired effect then... because that was exactly why I wrote the ending that way... to leave the reader with desire for more.. and maybe to see the more before them
love ya
du~

Lauren Hynde said:
--------------------------------------------------
Zoom
by neonurotic ©

A proto-illustration or just a teaser? Now I want to see the photo. :D

-------------------------------------------------
ermm, well I did shoot a black and white image, I just haven't processed it yet. If it turns out I will do a poetry category change and it.

Thank you for the mention Lauren and also thanks to the poets and readers who left public comments today. :rose:

Rybka cannot do the Reviews today, computer issues.

I have been furking around the threads, so to say "oh I am just too busy" seems ridiculous!

But errrr I just found out and NOW I am back on duty, so I am out. I got them covered tomorrow.

Any takers? Step right up, take a swat.

I can grab them if no one else does by the time my little monster goes to sleep tonight and before the big monster gets home.

:catroar:

annaswirls said:
Sorry, can't do it, hope someone else picks up.

See you tomorrow!

as
There aren't that many new poems today, (only twelve). I'm sure those there are worth the few moments it will take to read every one.

Addendum

I don't know how to put the attach the link to the title... Sorry!

John
(quietpoet)

Metaphor Lane

I may have to use that as my location now.
:D

Thank you for the mention John, I appreciate you taking the time to do the review.

Judging by the first few votes on this I may have struck a nerve with a few folks in here.
Please realize I include my self among the miners and, in the end, I decide to abandon the mining to persue more sinful pleasures
( in the name of god of course)
:cool:
it's all about how I
basically I decided to drink and listen to loud music instead of write when I had the free time.
I should have just written a haiku about it huh?
lol
Thanks again John
:rose:

quietpoet said:
I don't know how to put the attach the link to the title... Sorry!

John
(quietpoet)

oh don't be sorry! Here is how it goes.

1. Copy the URL of the page you wish to link (i.e. new poems)
2. Click the globe with the chain underneatu it upin the tool bar (underneath where you can select the color of the text.
3. You will get a message to enter the text to be displayed with the link (ie "New Poems!"
4. You will get another message to enter the URL. Since you have copied it, all you have to do it Paste it into this window, click okay and VOILA a link! My first review, I did the exact same thing. Either way, it works! Thanks for stepping up to do the reviews!

A thanks to JenniferC for the mention in her Saturday Review. Art has found a wonderful replacement to fill in during his sabbatical and I'd like to thank Jenn for reading and reviewing all of the new poems almost daily.

I think I've captured some interest from some of our newer members in sestinas. For a bit more tutoring and some fine examples of the form peek in at this thread, Sestina Challenge or in Jenn's Praise For New Poets thread too.

In an old thread started by darkmaas, Lachrimae Challenge The Fool outlines his use of an excel spreadsheet to simplify the formula for the sestina. Read through this one and discover Angeline's original Ocean Sesto in its maiden appearance.

Have fun and if it complicates itself on you, remember, words on a page can always be rewritten. ;)

Thank you RhymeFairy and Jennifer C for the mention in the new poem review thread on my two latest poems that were revised-- And to the rest who didn't comment but voted instead. You're all very much appreciated.

xoxo saldne :rose:

Thank you Art for your kind words on my poem. I write for writing and therefore feel no need to mention my own poem. Just writing it is enough and if anyone likes reads it then good...ty
du~

Thank You !!!

Du~Lac-

Thank you for the mention on Sunday's Reviews. was not expecting that !!!! I am trying to learn my way around, and thank you all for your kindness, as I stumble and bump into things, lol...

I am very humbled (and tickled) for the mention.......... thanks!

sGAp
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sins and Desire by sweet GA peaches ©

Quote:
the sun has faded to the call of night,
an open window fucking candlelight
and my tongue licking the air for your scent.
crisp cotton sheets that once held a line,
to a summers breeze,
waiting now on love's intent

A wonderful look at an age old belief sex, desire as sin....

The poet uses unique descriptions here for everyday items. The scene is set within the shadows of our own desires. A haunting call to the candlelight of the poets sensual nature...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

'i cannot remember me without you, or you without me. i know you exist, therefore i breathe'.-me :kiss:

Sorry, Lauren. I was gonna take that picture out myself; I just wanted to make sure Fly saw it first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back