To keep the review thread clean...

Status
Not open for further replies.
tungtied2u said:
So, good luck to Jen tomorrow, I hope you don't get too slammed.
My work here is done......adios! :D

Well it's 4:00 in the afternoon here and no new poems appear yet for today.

If they appear later I will be back to review them, if not Du honey you ARE gonna get slammed tomorrow lol :p if so let me know if you need a hand.

Happy reading and writing to all... :rose:

Jennifer C said:
Well it's 4:00 in the afternoon here and no new poems appear yet for today.

If they appear later I will be back to review them, if not Du honey you ARE gonna get slammed tomorrow lol :p if so let me know if you need a hand.

Happy reading and writing to all... :rose:

Just a side note that may, (uncertain) be delayed due to the "Stories Issue" in the Authors Hangout. A web site has begun and is listing and showing stories from lit. I know this for a fact for one of my TAILS "Tiger's eye" is listed as well< not grinin>...now watch the poems come out <grin>

I just want to thank Tathagata for stepping in today to cover the New Poems recommendations, and Rybka for mentioning Senna Jawa's soap bubble yesterday. It was one of those that I also felt deserved more attention.

sandspike said:
You Should Be So Lucky
by sandspike ©

Saturday we did the beach thing
sunny skies above dancing waves,
several times I fought back the tears
overcome by what she gives me

having much more than I deserve
tends to haunt me on brilliant days,
afraid the law of averages
is finally catching up to me

knowing I'll never repay
a debt as dear as this life,

I'll only wish you the same...
to have more than you deserve

I think I drank another wine before it's time. Splitting the last verse, which
was uneven to my ear was wrong. Or, 'a debt as dear as this life' has
no rhythm. The last two lines are weak and don't relate? Anyway. I think
the first two verses were pretty much what I do. What would you do to
this? thanks poetry people

It is your literary creation and there fore is a work of Art~ <grin>

flyguy69 said:
Sorry, ladies! JerseyBoy found the grass greener on the gay side of the fence. He’s now swinging his hips for the other team, and with a poem like divergence he’s sure to be embraced. This wonderful poem stumbles a bit on grammar, but offers a fresh and clever treatment of the heart/mind schism. My favorite today.

umm, thanks i guess...gay side??? wow i never thought it/i was seen that way? not that i dont mind being reviewed but what makes you think i'm gay?

cause i am sooo not gay

not that there's anything wrong with that :)

p.s. does this mean i'm off the official flyguy review list from now on?

Lauren Hynde said:
The two poems that I must emphasize, though, are two responses to wildsweetone's Wasted challenge. They're both hard-hitting pieces from two great authors and, without a shread of doubt, the two best, most fun to read poems posted today:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Was ted
by Tzara ©
vs.​
Wasted
by impressive ©
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

There. Go read now.

Thanks for the mention, Lauren. :rose:

Thank you Lauren and thank you Pat for your mention in the review thread. I'd put a blushing smilie here, but Blip's just too darn yellow. :)

Hi ya.
I had to take a moment to
Thank Lauren for the mention
of my new poem * Eruption *
on the New Poem reviews yesterday,
or was it the day before ... now ~*checkin time*

Smiles n Bows Humbly ~ :rose:

Thank you too all who have read and sent me feedback. I appreciate it more than I can say. Seems the poems are a lil slow as of late and it is good to see peeps still taking the time to read ... post ... comment ~

Happy Writing ~

and Mannnyyyy Thanks * Grins*

:) :rose:

RhymeFairy said:
Hoping to Cheer Rybka up.
. . .

Rybka picked my 2 fav.s also, BUT
I have found a few more goodies for us .... :)

Attar Attire By Reltne.
A stinging look at a lil satire, if ya ask me. A short thinker here ~

. . .

Thank ya'll for lettin me play and have fun. I enjoyed today's reads. A lot of differ. styles and a few poets did post more than one poem. I also, did not see anything that Jummmppeeddd out at me. Some really good poems today.

Rybka, hope these might give ya a lil diversity.
Here's to you ...getting well. :rose:

Read, comment, have Fun ~
Happy Writing ~

:) :rose:
Thank you, RhymeFairy for your kind mention, and thanks to you also, LeBroz & sweet GA peaches for your comments.

Reltne

Cheers to you both!!!

RhymeFairy and Rybka...for the reflections on Wasted Dreams...I went through much of what souls are going through being in the eye of both storms last year...gas lines , ice and food lines...and finding the most help during the whole thing was friends and neighbors...and not the government...many people came together to get us through a very difficult time...and katrina is one a much larger scale being across 3 states...it effects us all....thanks again..to you both...blue :rose:

For When the Dam Breaks. . .

I was sitting in a coffee house, reading an 'artsy' newspaper when the Literotica poetry reviewer of the day came in. She looked at the headline, "7 Brazilian poems posted on Lit!"

"How many in a Brazilian?" she asked.

:rolleyes: :p :rolleyes:

Jennifer C said:
Well It's 4:30 in the afternoon here on the first Saturday of September and as of yet there are NO new poems for me to review today! :(

As always if they appear later I shall be back to review them.

Have a great weekend

:rose:

damn, I just realized I was supposed to do the reviews yesterday.
damn! I am so sorry. I promise to go do them tomorrow, I read a bunch of them tonight. My apologies to Friday's writers. I will get to it promises.

~anna :eek:

My Erotic Tale said:
anonymous
Experienced Join Date: Nov 2004

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~```

New Poem Reviews
for Sunday 04

I wish to thank every one of the reviewers
for some great reviews, ty

Who is that calling ... by RedHairedand Friendly

the consept of the poem is rare and tantalizing, a very cute and erotic poem. Perhaps not a reach out and grab ya poem
but one that plays with boredom that I enjoyed...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RhymeFairy said:
Ocean Lovers By RedHairedAndFriendly A sweet flow ... as sweet as tha poem. Sexy ...

Thank you for mentioning my poems, it was a nice surprise. I'm glad you enjoyed them. :) :rose:

many thanks

Du~ and RF...
for the mention..of Romance of Atlantis...that book was a favorite of mine..I was amazed as a youth by a person who could write such depth and wonder at the age of 12 in the early 1900's about things not even invented yet...was a life altering book for me...I love Taylor Caldwell and have most of her work...Dear Glorious Physician was another magical read ..such descriptive details in her writes...is very inspiring...thanks lit gurus..again...have a peaceful holiday ...luvfromtheblue :rose:

Appreciate the comments Duckiesmut

Thank you for your comments. You were right, I did force it a little in order to get a metered rhyme. I'm not a poet, I prefer to write stories, but I will go back and rethink it to see what improvements I can manage. Any other advice would be welcome.

Thank You !

dinner is served by sweet GA peaches ©

Quote:
and the night paints the whispers
where confessions can only dance..

The opening line here lures the reader in with sensual visions. I felt both emotional and physical drawing powers within the first stanza. The seduction began........

The theme is courting both the subjects of the write and the reader. Very slight with the use of colorful wording and simple rhetoric. I dance, a warm breeze that blows into a hurricane of passion and primal natural urges. Very much enjoyed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To DuLac... with your kindness of words, and I left, smiling all over myself, thank you, for the mention you gave me. So sorry i have been away and have not thanked you sooner..... may you find peaches, may they be sweet, and delicious.....-sgp-

du lac ~ thanks for the comments, they were appreciated. :D

also... to my anonymous person that sent me a question on the Survivors Contest and poetry, I'm not in that, but thank you for your comments also. :D

10 votes as of now.... :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:

I Would like to THANK Everyone... Especially those who left
public comments.

BlueRains: Thanks again. I respect your work a great deal. :)

Fly: Thanks for being gentle with a 1st timer :cool:

And JC: What can I say?... Its Greatttt to meet like minded individuals.
Your encouragement is Beyond Kind. Tyvm for the Vote!!! :rose: :rose: :rose: :)

fuzzy guy said:
10 votes as of now....

I Would like to THANK Everyone... Especially those who left
public comments.

BlueRains: Thanks again. I respect your work a great deal.

Fly: Thanks for being gentle with a 1st timer

And JC: What can I say?... Its Greatttt to meet like minded individuals.
Your encouragement is Beyond Kind. Tyvm for the Vote!!! :)

My pleasure Hun :rose:

The final erotic poem that caught my eye today is Breakfast With My Baby by Jennifer C. The title is very descriptive and reminds me of a line I once used in a poem about an old girlfriend, "Cinnamon toast in a leggy oven". This poet shows that the metaphor still works.

Thank you Rybka for your wonderful review of my new poem 'Breakfast With My Baby'

This was really fun to write and i'm quite pleased with it so i'm really glad you liked it and mentioned it in your reviews... :rose:

A big thanks also to everyone who has read, voted and commented ~ It's appreciated... :)

Last edited:
Rybka-thanks for the mention today.

I have been gone too long, not just from Lit, but from poetry.

I am writing for a living, now and you know the old saw about the cobblers children going barefoot.

Bright Blessings to all you poetry people. Now go read water eagle

Syndra-licious

Rybka,

thank you for the mention in the Reviews yesterday, for the poem
sweet southern cream.

* I am assuming I need to to start with an uppercase (I) ..LOL, something I have done for so very long (some habbits are hard to break). But I also realize this has been a continuing comment on most of my poetry, so I will try my very best, lol.. ok. I also found a spelling error, in the word here, that should have been hear. (spell check does not always get everything). Thank you for pointing those out.

Have a wonderful weekend, ;)
-sGp-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back