To keep the review thread clean...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: Re: mouthfire

Tristesse said:
Well ~ I'm not in love but I do think this should be submitted.

:rose:

(Hi Tath :D )

yes i think it should be put in
errr
submitted

Hi Tess
:D :rose:

i clicked tess's buttons..i got this...

i luvvvv buttons!:D :devil: :kiss: :kiss:

now if i could figure out literoticas buttons ..i'd be good to go:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Re: I'll run the videocam

JCSTREET said:
1. subj. refers.

now whered the filling go..and tath..was that a yes or you stick stuck wondering my angle if i'm a lesbian??:D ;)

Re: Re: I'll run the videocam

fawnie said:
now whered the filling go..and tath..was that a yes or you stick stuck wondering my angle if i'm a lesbian??:D ;)

i assume lesbians take it at the same angle as everyone else
:D

Re: Re: Re: I'll run the videocam

Tathagata said:
i assume lesbians take it at the same angle as everyone else
right now, i'd take it standing on my head!;) :D

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I'll run the videocam

Tathagata said:
I'll get the step ladder

i'm short..no step ladder needed
oh god what a visual lmao!

i'll face the wall though so everyone can see my ..bottom:rolleyes: :D

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I'll run the videocam

fawnie said:
i'm short..no step ladder needed
oh god what a visual lmao!

i'll face the wall though so everyone can see my ..bottom:rolleyes: :D

i like the way you think

you're such a tease

fawnie said:

1. subj. refers.

There are many fine poets in here

some have the gift of quick precocious verse that they can dash off in the morning after two cups of Joe. Others work hard and pick away until they feel it sends the message they hear in their heart.

But I have to humbly confess that Tara transports me to dream places - her poetry comes from a far star--perhaps the one our genes were seeded from when "the Gods came down from heaven and went into the daughters of men, " because there ain't no way we evolved purely from unicellular organisms evern if that were part of the jigsaw puzzle.

she wears a gray suit to church,
tugging the skirt down
after she sits.

leaving,
she looks
in green hunger,
with eyes that named the rain,
at young maidens
and their gifted bouquets,
turns home,
not forgetting to close
the top button of her coat.

I'm not saying this is TS eliot's style--but he simply could not have improved upon that. That is classic poetry of a high order. The poet does not indulge herself, takes no shortcuts, doesn't try to be clever - the words click down like dominoes when they're snapped onto the table with panache - that clean click - pure in its essence - true to its nature.

I have seen a zillion women tugging down their skirt when they sat down in one or another of the various Anglican (Episcopalian churches which I was occasionally commanded to attend by naval padres or masters wearing gowns and mortarboards

and that is what they do and I see this woman filmically

similarly "nor fotgetting to close the top button"

again we see a woman who somehow was blocked in childhood and has never enjoyed the fine cut of the rose thorn on her thigh from a loving master - in the wild poppy fields of summer.

I like much of my poetry but don't feel I have ever written one which was not flawed - too often I try to be clever--to show just how preternaturally brilliant I am - this sometimes blinds me to the essence of the subject matter which I am picking over in my mind

Tara does not do this - each word has power. She is young and still not arisen to the fullness of wisdom - yet she already writes more inspiringly than many codgers (and codgerettes lol) moldering in their last days.

I have to think that this woman is headed for Atlantic and New Yorker and from thence who knows--perhaps to a Pulitzer.

I wonder if she will ever become an essayist and fiction writer to boot--to round out the curves of her quiver.

I always learn something from her poems and they sometimes trigger wild flights of my own into new poetic territory.

I can tell you that there is no resemblance at all between the poetry I was writing before this group and the poetry I'm writing now (though many others have contributed to that as well).

I suspect Tara is intellectually honest--which is a rare thing.

I can think of a dozen other poets in here who move me in different ways but I won't name them because there's always one name left out in an exercise of that kind.

keep on hot roddin' baby.

Chalk up one paean lol

Carl - his heirs and successors

neonurotic said:
Nearly 30 poems on the New Poems list for me to read and/or mention this Sunday. Today had a goodish turn out for poetry. A few 'new-to-me' poets looked to be mixed with the familiar nicknames of Literotica's Poetry Feedback & Discussion forum, who include: OpheliaQuieroz, Lord DragonsWing, lil_fire, and SweetWildMan .

~ The follow poems piqued my interests ~

~ ~ ~
Angeline brought us Birdman—a very fine piece inspired by a soul-swinging jazz Icarus . Ange, every jazz great you write about that I don't recognize, I do a 'look-up'. Thanks for this poem and my edjamacation in da blooz, hunny-pie. ;)

~ ~ ~

Merci beaucoup, mon poet. :)

I am deeply impressed that you look up my jazz references. Jay McShann is, I believe, still with us and in his 90s, living in Kansas City, still playing. He's one of the last of the jazz greats from the swing and bebop periods (though he's really blues influenced, (like most of em I guess). He has contributed a great deal through his oral histories (some on his cds) to creating a record of early jazz years. Papa Jo Jones, known mainly for being Count Basie's original drummer, was a brilliant musician with a keen eye for social commentary. Sadly he's in Gabriel's choir now, having gone supernova in the 1970s.

But I digress. LOL!

Thank you all for your comments. It's a great response, and I'm a happy jazz poet. Go listen to some Miles (read JC's great poem first). ;)

Oh and I second neo's recomendation of Postcard from Boca do Inferno by OpheliaQuieroz. What a gorgeous piece of writing!

:heart:
Ange

originally quoted by neonurotic

~ ~ ~
a treason of roses by lipsticksunset1984 The poem is a complete story in one compact image. Great work.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

she wears a gray suit to church,
tugging the skirt down
after she sits.

leaving,
she looks
in green hunger,
with eyes that named the rain,
at young maidens
and their gifted bouquets,
turns home,
not forgetting to close
the top button of her coat.

:heart: Thank you, neo.

eagleyez said:
the palest of Country Gentleman
double cutaway and bleached in airports
and spotlit- held close in Pittsburg and in Cincinatti.

a big box Gretcsh- F holes stuffed with blue foam
to mask the feedback-

a wide swing black Les Paul, scratched and kissed and
always in tune-

" treat your women like you treat your guitars."

a woodcutter said that to me once.

Oh noooo... are you gonna stuff her with blue foam? to silence her? oh nooooo....:devil:

BooMerengue said:
Oh noooo... are you gonna stuff her with blue foam? to silence her? oh nooooo....:devil:

when you play loud those hollowbodies screech like hell unless you pack em with foam.

but you can control it in the way you move.

;)

Liar said:
she loves to take it
dangerously close
to destroying knees
in curves not made
for two wheels

to grip the piston pouding
madness machine
below between
aching thighs
and make it a part
of her screaming spine

as rubber bleeds
asphalt cries
pumping horizontal
hollering high
as the world spins
pivot around a spot
over her shoulder

clinging on
closing her eyes

to ride it out
Jedi style

on roads
knowing
her last beat
just might be now
she adds some extra
just in case

to savor
what she has
and who she is
at be in spite of all
alive

Damn!

eagleyez said:
when you play loud those hollowbodies screech like hell unless you pack em with foam.

but you can control it in the way you move.

;)

tryin to picture her screeching like hell... and then seeing you control it with your moves... now theres a poem in there somewhere... :rose:

Another joins the ranks of guru...

fleh.gif
fleh.gif
fleh.gif

Any words of wisdom, Guru Fawnie? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back