To keep the review thread clean...

Status
Not open for further replies.
re:New poem Reviews

Thanks neo for the mention of Aberration in your review.

Odd, but all the public feedback was on the other 2, "What I Want" and "Interminable". I want to thank all those who read and commented on those.

Much appreciated. :rose:

Thank you neo for the mention of Road of Judgement
I'm glad you enjoyed it
i worked hard on that one
LOL
Thanks to all who voted and commented

tungtied2u said:
I only remember Dr. John walking on stage and throwing glitter in the air, but had the feeling Gris- Gris referred to whatever mind- altering substance he happened to be partaking of.
However, it was meant as a play on the lube referral tath had made previously. (read grease grease)
ohhhh- boy don't I feel stupid. You knew that didn't you.

:eek:

lol. what do i know? i just like his music. :D

have you heard his covers of standards? stuff like since i fell for you? it's wonderful--done in his inimitable style, with that great raspy voice.

:rose:

tungtied2u said:
that's as old as "Take my wife....please" :p

my daughter and i used to say that whole thing--

you remind me of a man.
what man?
the man with the power.
what power?
the power of voodoo.
who do?
you do.
I do what?
remind me of a man.
what man?..... (ad infinitum)

(drove my son nuts, lol)

The thought of voodoo made me think of Louisiana. The thought of Louisiana and voodoo made made me think of Cajun. The thought of Cajun, Louisiana and voodoo made me think of food, Cajun-Style and Voodoo Beer. Now, I'm hungry....

Anybody got a Po'Boy in their back pocket???

Angeline said:
my daughter and i used to say that whole thing--

you remind me of a man.
what man?
the man with the power.
what power?
the power of voodoo.
who do?
you do.
I do what?
remind me of a man.
what man?..... (ad infinitum)

(drove my son nuts, lol)

And then there's Abbott and Costello's classic "Who's on first" routine.
:)

OR...

tungtied2u said:
that's as old as "Take my wife....please" :p

"I walked past your house the other day."

"Well, why didn't you stop in?"

"I didn't know where you lived."

"I saw you go bye."

"Why didn't you invite me in?"

"I didn't know it was you!"

(rimshot) :p

The_Fool said:
The thought of voodoo made me think of Louisiana. The thought of Louisiana and voodoo made made me think of Cajun. The thought of Cajun, Louisiana and voodoo made me think of food, Cajun-Style and Voodoo Beer. Now, I'm hungry....

Anybody got a Po'Boy in their back pocket???

Ahhh :( I miss home now. Nothing like a shrimp po'boy with a frosty cold one. Seattle has no subtitutes, not even on Pier 59 which the best place for seafood around here.

- neo

neonurotic said:
Ahhh :( I miss home now. Nothing like a shrimp po'boy with a frosty cold one. Seattle has no subtitutes, not even on Pier 59 which the best place for seafood around here.

- neo

Surely some poet living in Louisiana will take pity on neo and the fool and overnight them a couple PO'Boys.

They is dad blame misable! ;)

Is this where I thank the lovely Tara for her reviews of my poems? Goshdarnit, there are so many of these threads now I'm not sure anymore. And I'm a moderator. That can't be good. :D

Anyway, thank you Tara and all who commented on The Nightingale and Tin Soldier. I wrote Nightingale some months ago and edited it yesterday. Tin Soldier I wrote last night. (My poem The Snow Queen is another.) I love children's stories, fairy tales especially--I see metaphors in them all. I'm trying to write a book's worth of these poems, and am very interested in how people react to them, so you've all made me a very happy poet chick today.

There's an illustrated version of The Nightingale here if you're interested. :)

:heart:
Angeline

Angeline said:
Is this where I thank the lovely Tara for her reviews of my poems? Goshdarnit, there are so many of these threads now I'm not sure anymore. And I'm a moderator. That can't be good. :D

Anyway, thank you Tara and all who commented on The Nightingale and Tin Soldier. I wrote Nightingale some months ago and edited it yesterday. Tin Soldier I wrote last night. (My poem The Snow Queen is another.) I love children's stories, fairy tales especially--I see metaphors in them all. I'm trying to write a book's worth of these poems, and am very interested in how people react to them, so you've all made me a very happy poet chick today.

There's an illustrated version of The Nightingale here if you're interested. :)

:heart:
Angeline
The illustration is wonderful! I read the poem earlier and I'm still trying to decide what to say about it... or did I leave a PC? If not, I'm still thinking. I hate to once again tell you how great your poem is. Aren't you getting tired of that?

WickedEve said:
The illustration is wonderful! I read the poem earlier and I'm still trying to decide what to say about it... or did I leave a PC? If not, I'm still thinking. I hate to once again tell you how great your poem is. Aren't you getting tired of that?

No. It beats a poke in the eye. :D

Angeline said:
Yes, well, certainly not that awful rowdy thing.
Sigh... I wish I had some rowdy thing here with me now. I'm horny and I'm not ashamed to admit! I swear, I'm going to draw arrows on my thighs and spread my legs. I think I'll do that tomorrow when I go to the grocery store.

WickedEve said:
Sigh... I wish I had some rowdy thing here with me now. I'm horny and I'm not ashamed to admit! I swear, I'm going to draw arrows on my thighs and spread my legs. I think I'll do that tomorrow when I go to the grocery store.

And that store would be where?:devil:

tues reviews

Thanks Tara, for your generous mention of my poem, um, I think it was either Permission or Invitation. I hate titles.

I wrote about 5-6 such things on my Monday night out. It felt good to not think about punctuation.

Thanks again Tara-- you are most kind to keep doing reviews on your haitus from posting. I know it takes a lot of time-- and you take such care to read them carefully-- I appreciate this!

~anna

WickedEve said:

Given what you've told me about the available men in your hometown, I'd recommend against it.

:D

Angeline said:
Given what you've told me about the available men in your hometown, I'd recommend against it.

:D
Who said anything about men? The grocery store has a produce section, doesn't it?

WickedEve said:
Who said anything about men? The grocery store has a produce section, doesn't it?

damn! You have smart produce! Up here they never follow directions

Thanks Syndra

Syndra Lynn said:
In my humble opinion. . .

Pink is subtly erotic and cute. I liked it.

This is my last regular Wednesday review.

Blessed Be

Syndra :kiss:

Thank you Syndra for the mention in the new poems thread and your time. Also much thanks to all of you who left kind remarks and emailed feedback with questions—I appreciate your time as well.

:rose: As I said in PM, Syndra, thanks for your reviews on Wednesdays and best wishes in what you have planned for your future.

- neo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back