To keep the review thread clean...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fflow, homie.

I said I tend not to like rhyming poetry when it's posted here on lit, not that I didn't like it at all. I did say I dislike rhyming and rhyme schemes, though I was not clear in saying that I don't like writing them - it came out a pretty flat "don't like it!" statement that I should have caught on a re-read, but didn't happen to go back and re-read.

I was, again, trying to insinuate that when rhymes are done badly, they make me grit my teeth, without actually saying that a good chunk of the things written here (that rhyme) blow goats in liederhosen, to my untrained poet's mind. Yes, it's aesthetic, and no, not every rhyming poem I've read on lit is terrible. Yes, I dislike writing form poetry, because I don't think I'm ready for rules and structure - and I feel like I'm honing my 'voice' in my poetry. No, I don't discount form poetry - if nothing else, I respect someone's ability to do it and make it work, let alone do it well.

Aside from that, thank you for making an effort to open what you thought was a closed mind. Few do, and I respect that. I'll try to be a little more clarity conscious when I reply to you in the future, so that I don't lend the wrong impression, again.

~D.A.

Du Lac said:
Beautiful 'pas de deux':
Our great wonder neonurotic

Adagio of hope, love and blessings... Grace ridden and filled with strong emotions I loved the last stanza. This is a true "feeling" poem. Thank you for the read..
Thank you Du Lac for the mention in your reviews this morning. Also much thanks to Rybka for the mention of 'Kisses II' in his review this past Thursday.

Public comments left on my poetry are always appreciated. :rose:

Jim

Thank you for your very kind words on my poem.
I am glad you and some of the other readers at Lit enjoyed it
:rose:

Tathagata said:
Thank you for your very kind words on my poem.
I am glad you and some of the other readers at Lit enjoyed it

Politesse baby! Rare as hen's teeth these days, isn't it?

;)

Tathagata said:
Tish....that's French!!
:p

(tis indeed)

08.jpg

Are you calling me creepy and kooky? I'm only copping to kooky. :D

Du Lac

Thank you for your kind, and wise words, on my poem.
it is much appreciated

Morticia

Morticia fueled many of my early sexual fantasies. She had such grace, and such kindness. She was able to love beyond appearances, to see into the depths of one's soul.

Tathagata said:
I was always hot for Morticia...and Elvira too come to think of it....
I always had a thing for Thing. To this day Thing is a part of my most erotic fantasies.

Elvira, she be it!

Tathagata said:
I was always hot for Morticia...and Elvira too come to think of it....

Didn't Elvira sell coors in the past. She was like.....Bobbie Gentry gone nasty.

sandspike said:
Didn't Elvira sell coors in the past. ....
Yes, and I was once nabbed by security at a liquor store for trying to spirit her cardboard image away!

Duckiesmut THANKS

Thank you very much for mentioning my poem, Patience, in today's reviews. FYI, and I know this will amuse Tathagata, "just desserts" in this context is a bit of an archaic colloquialism that means 'well-earned reward.' I don't know if that phrase is too far out of usage to be meaningful any longer, or if its use was confusing...

Anyway, thank you sincerely!

Peace!

fflow

Fflow said:
Thank you very much for mentioning my poem, Patience, in today's reviews. FYI, and I know this will amuse Tathagata, "just desserts" in this context is a bit of an archaic colloquialism that means 'well-earned reward.' I don't know if that phrase is too far out of usage to be meaningful any longer, or if its use was confusing...

Anyway, thank you sincerely!

Peace!

fflow

The meaning was perfectly clear. I just hear it...a lot. Perhaps what makes it feel a bit cliche in that instance to me. Then again, we all bring our particular quirks to the table when we read a poem. It will probably fit just right to the next reader. :)

You're very welcome. I enjoyed the poem. Thank you for writing it. :)

sandspike said:
Didn't Elvira sell coors in the past. She was like.....Bobbie Gentry gone nasty.

*fallin off my stool laughing... with an entirely different image of you, now, Spike!!

"Elvira and The Beach Boy"

Now, theres a poem!

Love them all

BooMerengue said:
*fallin off my stool laughing... with an entirely different image of you, now, Spike!!

Now, theres a poem!

Boo, I love any lady who loves a good time. She ain't got to be beach blonde to be my baby. She just needs to know I leave with the lady that brought me. Life
should be a party, you're invited girl. :nana:

sandspike said:

Elvira would have pushed Billy Jo McAllister off the Tallahachee Bridge after she had otherwise abused him. Imo. :)

Last edited:
BooMerengue said:

Now, theres a poem!

It certainly conjures a different image than Frankie and Annette, don't it? :devil:

Here's a pic of me wearing an elvira wig!

RockStar.JPG

btw, I'm the one on the left. The gal with me was wearing a cute little number that she'd stuck lots of wee jam packets to. As the evening wore on, more and more were opened and licked clean. yum!

xoxo

fflow

Fflow said:
Here's a pic of me wearing an elvira wig!

RockStar.JPG

btw, I'm the one on the left. The gal with me was wearing a cute little number that she'd stuck lots of wee jam packets to. As the evening wore on, more and more were opened and licked clean. yum!

xoxo

fflow

I'm afraid to ask you whether or not it was Halloween. :D

I have a friend (since junior high school) who had a major Elvira fixation. He used to make us all watch that silly show of hers with him years ago. I myself prefer Morticia. And Lily Munster. Actually I prefer Al Pacino (who was lookin pretty darn cute on the Oscars last night), but I digress....

Angeline said:
I'm afraid to ask you whether or not it was Halloween. :D

I have a friend (since junior high school) who had a major Elvira fixation. He used to make us all watch that silly show of hers with him years ago. I myself prefer Morticia. And Lily Munster. Actually I prefer Al Pacino (who was lookin pretty darn cute on the Oscars last night), but I digress....

Al? At the Oscars? Of course he was! And I missedhim!!! Damn...

Costume Context

Yes, it was halloween. Thanks for asking! :rolleyes:

I remember not liking elvira's show too much because she'd always interrupt the films to make dumb-ass comments. The best, though, was when some ancient B movie had a scene where some kids were driving through a small town and the street was filled with dead bodies. She popped in, saying "Watch out for the speed bumps!"

Al is great, but I like Bobby. His role in The King of Comedy was pure genius! Sandra Bernhard was amazing too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back