"To keep the review thread clean..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poem for Angeline

Angeline said:
This works without being at all sappy or over-the-top romantic

If I might just digress for a moment, you should
know that you make my day, when you agree with what I say.
I say, no thing is more excellent
than an admirer's fulfilling feeling in convergence with the mind admired.

lorencino said:
If I might just digress for a moment, you should
know that you make my day, when you agree with what I say.
I say, no thing is more excellent
than an admirer's fulfilling feeling in convergence with the mind admired.

Well it's a mutual admiration society. Your comments on the new poems are great; lots of helpful feedback for the poets. That takes an investment of time and thought. :)

Angeline, from your November 6 review:

... even this. Ahem.

This is the only negative critique I will EVER give a reviewer, since I believe it's a thankless job and deserves support. But still: Darling, for God's sake, warn me next time. Trail mix is VERY hard on the sinuses.

* snuffle, gag, snort, cough *

bj

Thankyou all so much these will keep me quiet for a while ..... I have had some stuff published in the past by winning comps etc but never any hard cash!!

unpredictablebijou said:
Angeline, from your November 6 review:

This is the only negative critique I will EVER give a reviewer, since I believe it's a thankless job and deserves support. But still: Darling, for God's sake, warn me next time. Trail mix is VERY hard on the sinuses.

* snuffle, gag, snort, cough *

bj

Sorry lol. I usually ignore them, but there was something essential about that one. Like reduce erotic poetry to its lowest common denominator and you get that poem. :D

I have trail mix in the kitchen. With rice chex in it. Owie.

Angeline said:
Sorry lol. I usually ignore them, but there was something essential about that one. Like reduce erotic poetry to its lowest common denominator and you get that poem. :D

I have trail mix in the kitchen. With rice chex in it. Owie.

This group, over time, has been responsible for:

V-8 Fu (echh)
Coffee Fu
Grape Juice Fu
Mocha Fu (multiple times)
Trail Mix Fu
Egg Roll Fu

It's gotten so I don't dare keep food and beverages within reach of the desk.

Furthermore.
Here's why I can't ever, ever, ever be a reviewer:

I loved that one.
I could explain why but the attempt at explanation would just make everything worse.

bj

thank you for the quirky mention (smile) and others from over a month ago. i notice, but i am impolite and tardy.

"foehn2 has an interesting, quirky piece in Why Do I Love You?. I've read it four times and I keep thinking it should feel unconnected, but it doesn't. It works well. There's a lot of room for interpretation in this poem, but it's not vague. And I like the balance between the chatty tone and the odd non-sequitars like You thought I was only a crustacean."

Aside from the misspelling of "non sequitur" I thought it was a pretty apt comment, but i'm always a little bit embarrassed, when i'm pointed out.

peace, out.

foehn2 said:
thank you for the quirky mention (smile) and others from over a month ago. i notice, but i am impolite and tardy.

"foehn2 has an interesting, quirky piece in Why Do I Love You?. I've read it four times and I keep thinking it should feel unconnected, but it doesn't. It works well. There's a lot of room for interpretation in this poem, but it's not vague. And I like the balance between the chatty tone and the odd non-sequitars like You thought I was only a crustacean."

Aside from the misspelling of "non sequitur" I thought it was a pretty apt comment, but i'm always a little bit embarrassed, when i'm pointed out.

peace, out.

I wish there were a way to convey that I try to be critical without being judgmental. Usually editing doesn't work unless the editor is as objective as possible.

Your poem reminded me of some of Wicked Eve's stuff. Precise but eccentric, interesting. Personally I find it hard to write that way. There's something almost Eastern about it to me.

Don't think of it as a finger pointing at you. Think of it as being handed a flower. Non-sequitars and all. :rose:

clay4872

Could clay4872 mean il vostro dolore è intagliato per sempre nel mio cuore in his new poem contented. I could not make sense of what he did write, but then it's not as though I've ever read any Italian poetry and his structure, even in English, is somewhat unusual. Thing is, I'm not sure whether I'm getting it.

Normally I'd have written privately to the author, but he has blocked all avenues into his world so If anyone has read his poem let me know what you think it's all about. Contented in saving another from pain? Cherishing the pain of another?

lorencino said:
Could clay4872 mean il vostro dolore è intagliato per sempre nel mio cuore in his new poem contented. I could not make sense of what he did write, but then it's not as though I've ever read any Italian poetry and his structure, even in English, is somewhat unusual. Thing is, I'm not sure whether I'm getting it.

Normally I'd have written privately to the author, but he has blocked all avenues into his world so If anyone has read his poem let me know what you think it's all about. Contented in saving another from pain? Cherishing the pain of another?

Being as how my only fluent second language is pig Latin, I will have to track down Lauren Hynde, our resident multilinguist. She's fluent in seven languages. She's also beautiful, brilliant, young and poetically talented, but after years of therapy I've learned to love her anyway. Otherwise I ant-kay elp-hay. :cool:

Lauren! Lauren! Where are you woman? Stop putting furniture together and get in here. :D

Don't think google is very poetic lol all i got was 'Your internal affect my heart always'
Read that as you will lol

UnderYourSpell said:
Don't think google is very poetic lol all i got was 'Your internal affect my heart always'
Read that as you will lol

Weird. But fascinating lol.

Try this link. It should take you to the main page of the Google Directory. From there you can click Arts, then Literature, and finally Poetry to get to the motherlode. :)

WickedEve said:
contented by clay4872 is interesting. Seems as though it's jotted down and not ready for the reader.
I rather like it for its cambric, primrose, and rosolio. Anyone know the translation for vostro incidere interno mio cuore sempre?
~

I'm a little confused by this as I can't figure the idiomatic translation. Literally it says: Your to carve internal my heart always.

My Italian suggestion above: il vostro dolore è intagliato per sempre nel mio cuore translates as:

Your pain is engraved forever in my heart.

Which was my guess at what the poet is intending. I say this with some reservation as my Italian is completely unschooled. I learned on my grandmother's knee without ever having any formal education in the language.
:confused:

sophieloves said:
has Burnt Effigy been removed? the link takes me to the listings, i go to new poems, click Burnt effigy, i get taken back to listed poems.. i clicked the poet's name, went to thier profile, but can't find the poem listed there either :(

i'll go look at some more now.
Poems jerked off Literotica pages that fast are usually ones that have been plagiarized. Hopefully, that is not the case here.

Jamison said:
Thanks, Ange for the mention in the New Poems Reviews thread and for commenting as well. Tears are the second best stress reducer while the first is.... ;)

You're welcome. I know. :)

What's that guy in the post above you saying about jerking off and Lit poems? Another perv!

:kiss:

LOL Ange, I think you're right about my "Thanks". Between the our and are there are ;) four of the our sounding words and that's far too many even spread out over our hour. :D teehee.

Thanks for taking the time to read and share my poem on the review thread, Leon. It is filled with love and I do love him. <sigh>

champagne1982 said:
LOL Ange, I think you're right about my "Thanks". Between the our and are there are ;) four of the our sounding words and that's far too many even spread out over our hour. :D teehee.

Thanks for taking the time to read and share my poem on the review thread, Leon. It is filled with love and I do love him. <sigh>

Funny thing: I can always identify when the rhythm of a line sounds off, but usually not why. You hit it though--too much assonance.

Beautiful poem though. Love is grand, isn't it? ;)

:heart:
Ange the Perv

Wait, wait.

Jerking off to the poems in here (or as we like to say,

Rubbing the Rose
Playing the Pink Piano
Making a call on the princess phone
Tickling Strawberries
Sitting on Santa's Lap

...but I digress)

makes me a PERV?

yay!

bj

Thank you Evie and Champ for mentioning Iceberg and to Tath, Leon & Evie for commenting.

:rose:

Thank you Tess for mentioning 'Found' in the new poems reviews and to everyone who commented

:rose:

When you last went to your doctor, was the news this bad?

kermit.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back