"To keep the review thread clean..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Kolkore

I've had the same problems with my stories - they reach ten or eleven votes and make H and then, for no apparent reason, the number of votes is reduced and you lose the H. It makes me very cross!. I've been told it's something to do with the editors randomly deleting votes from the same ip address or something, but it's never been explained openly.

The folly goes on...

Thank you LeBroz for the mention of "Awsome Days". The overlapp between the days of Atonement and "my war" which then came to define so much of my life, has always irked me. If there is one war which came to symbolize lack of any will to atone, to shift one's mind (up to the start of the war) It was this one. Thrown into it as a young guy, the terrible physical memories are as lingering as the futility of human pride and vanity (an that's how I felt even than). Having said that, I am still disturbed by the ongoing folly under new circumstances but with the same underlying theme.

thank you, LeBroz

for mentioning my poems. The still life was one that resulted from a challenge a long long time ago, that someone suggested I let it sit and perhaps, ferment a while.

I truly appreciate your kind, encouraging words :)

and about succulent, you are spot on, it is an extremely personal poem, written for a man who has come into and gone from my life several times in the past 8 years. I once had it posted under maria's alt, then took it down when someone else began using my yahoo ID"s that I had deleted. I removed all my poetry from that alt, a while back, and he has since asked me to repost, so I did, with a slight edit...

so, I thank you again, but I must admit, you're getting inside my head too good as of late

;)

and that sorta freaks me out, but in a good way

:rose:

NJ

Last edited:
One more hello

Hi Annie! Nice to meet you, too.

And hello maria... good to know you're still here and writing.

Cordelia

Thanks Wicked, Kolkore, leBroz for mentioning and commenting on my poem Surreal Me Sister.

Those sisters really exist and my date who swore she was a full blood hetro said she wouldn't complain if she had to visit Lesbos and they were her hosts for the night. Which really had me panicking for a while, it was me that was supposed to be drooling.

Thanks again, sorry I'm not around the forums very often at the moment but I've got so much work on in my studio at the moment but hopefully I'll get more time soon.

Thank you, Leon for the mention of my poem "Ode to a tattoo" in your review today. And your suggestion about golden orbs is a good one. My mind must have been fixated when I wrote the ode, otherwise I would have noticed.
Oh, and thank you eve. for the comment and most of all the inspiration. :D

Thank you, Leon for the mention of my poem "Ode to a tattoo" in your review today. And your suggestion about golden orbs is a good one. My mind must have been fixated when I wrote the ode, otherwise I would have noticed.
Oh, and thank you eve. for the comment and most of all the inspiration. :D
Honey, it wouldn't inspire you right now. Think healing, itchy, flaking, peeling, red... yuck. :D I need more lotion!

Where is your wild soft spot...

Thank you LeBroz for the mention of "Towers in nature". I confess to really loving this gentle and beautiful animal. Now LeBroz (or anyone else for that matter), you come down from your poetic tower (in a manner of speaking) and confess to the whole Populus Poetics (just made it up) which one is YOUR favorite wild animal and WHY...

Thanks to normal jean, KOLKORE, and My Erotic Trail for reminiscing with me and commenting on my poem, "Summer (c. years ago)". :rose:

Thanks for your clarification on using psalms rather than palms. Before I'd posted my comment I'd actually considered that possibility. I should have stuck with my first impulse — I was too quick to overlook your inventive and highly creative mind and assumed you'd made a mistake. Shame on me.

Hello

Thanks to LeBroz and KOLKORE for their comments on my two latest submissions. Been a bit rough going with my writing as of late. Ah well, so it goes from time to time.

Took a little break from Lit and am excited to see what everyone has been up to. I'll have to wander over to the Review thread to see what I have been missing.Ahhh! Sweet anticipation :D

Thanks to Angie for reviewing my Ulysses thing. Sorry about that wax stuff. As KOLKORE pointed out, though, that's Circe's fault, not mine.

Thanks also to LeBroz, KOLKORE, and BJ for their comments.

In little profits doth an idle fling. . . :rolleyes:

Does anyone mind if I take Leon to one side and forcibly explain the Englishness of kippers for breakfast?

Thankyou to Leon and KOLKORE for their comments on 'Shaving private places' but I have come to confess that the title came from a play on 'Saving Private Ryan' but after that got a bit naughty lol

At the end of a long day...

Good Job LeBroz! I liked the sound of relief : "Whew", coming from you :). Yep, It was quite a slew. No, I will not ask you, not today, about your daily selection of archival poems...
p.s. good idea: a "MUST READ" (probably has been here forever, still a good idea.)

Pleasant surprise

I've never really tried to write poetry before, and never considered myself any good at it. I have no formal understanding of meter or rhyme or anything else related to poetry. So you can imagine my surprise at the responses I've received to my two recently-posted poems.

The first -- Her Eyes -- was the result of a challenge from a special lady, who dared me to write her a poem and post it on Lit. I was fully expecting to be blasted. the unexpected, ironic result still has me stupefied.

Many thanks to KOLKORE, Baba8 and especially LeBroz for featuring Union in the new poetry review thread.

To the master, of all written words.. ;)

Thank you my dear Leon for the mention on Pitch Black,
I know it was awful short, I am considering the term
statement more than poem.. lol.. okay I will work on something
more hmmm, well, ....just more..., deal ?

:heart:as always, luv from the South.

sGp

Does anyone mind if I take Leon to one side and forcibly explain the Englishness of kippers for breakfast?

Oh my. Sounds like fun.................... Over the knee or strung up?

My dirty little secret is that I frequently have breaded fish fillets for breakfast — they're already prepared so it's quick and easy to pop 'em in the microwave and nuke 'em and they're ready.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back