"To keep the review thread clean..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankyou Angeline for your kind words and encouragement today actually for some reason I started to write it after reading your poem about lighting a candle but it came out completely different from how I intended!

You're welcome Annie. And that happens to me all the time. I've probably written well over a thousand poems, but I suspect no more than a handful of them ending up being what I expected from of when I started to write them. Almost every poem I write ends up going somewhere different from my original intent. And in the case of your poem, no matter anyway, because what you did write is absolutely lovely.

:kiss:

I'm just sayin....I'm was just playin'

Thank you my dear Angelina, for the kind (I think) words. I hope all of you out there who have read and reacted to my duo-politik realized that I am just playin'. This idea came to me after a heated Clinton-Obama debate with the the amazin' one with whom I share a bed (although that night was a bit iffy). Thought it would be fun...I still had the Suess vibe on--sort of Suess on 'shrooms.

Thank you my dear Angelina, for the kind (I think) words. I hope all of you out there who have read and reacted to my duo-politik realized that I am just playin'. This idea came to me after a heated Clinton-Obama debate with the the amazin' one with whom I share a bed (although that night was a bit iffy). Thought it would be fun...I still had the Suess vibe on--sort of Suess on 'shrooms.

Yes, they are definitely kind words. I try to be honest in my opinions, but in the most impartial tone I can muster. If I nitpick your poems, it means I like you lol. And I definitely like your "amazin one," also, who sounds like one sassy, spunky woman. My kinda girl. ;)

:rose:

I agree with you. I could have said library and kept the intent of my comment clear. I think the poem does transcend location and even identity, since it is written in such a way that the poet and her subject disappear into the creases of the reader's cerebellum. It's brilliant, IMO and I'm glad I got to review it. :rose:

You guys are much too kind.

(And thanks to LeBroz)

I had been in a dry period (poetry-wise) for quite a while when I wrote this. And I pulled it out and polished it and decided... "What the hell..." And posted it.

It's this sort of feedback that makes me want to start writing more.

Thanks again. I'm not worthy.

You guys are much too kind.

(And thanks to LeBroz)

I had been in a dry period (poetry-wise) for quite a while when I wrote this. And I pulled it out and polished it and decided... "What the hell..." And posted it.

It's this sort of feedback that makes me want to start writing more.

Thanks again. I'm not worthy.

Horsefeathers

And I definitely like your "amazin one," also, who sounds like one sassy, spunky woman. My kinda girl. ;)

Yeah, she's the reason I breathe (I actually said that about her to a group of people at a party when we were still dating. She stuck with me anyway). She's also six-foot-one, seventeen years younger than me, and bore the magnificent cherub leaning against me in the upper left hand corner of this post. You think I'm stupid?
A

p.s. I don't do icons.

p.p.s. Thanks, Leon for the kind note today. I wasn't sure about that one.

Belatedly: Thanks LeBroz, and keep it up!

You wrote on your selections from the poems archive : "...mostly it's purely subjective. Is it something I like or something I think other poets might like?
... " It's really about reading all these poems and coming across a poem I'd like to share with everyone as deserving another read, so I pluck it from the obscurity of Lit's archive. I'm not critiquing these selections, just offering them up with a sense of, "Hey! Look what I found."...
So don't think of it as a special badge of honor; just enjoy the fruits of my labors."

Thanks for the background, and again for this project you took upon yourself! What you said makes sense and I figured as much, but that's exactly what works for me in your 'poems which intrigued me' selections. It's broader than one person's best selection (refined as this selection may be...). Over time, some have worked for me, some did not, but some were revelatory! Occasionally I am particularly moved when I find that a poem from your archival selection is a few years old and not only does it makes sense and touches me, but I find to my surprise that no one has posted any feedback to it on the public feedback space. I find it very satisfying to thank the poet. On those occasions it may mean not only discovering a poem, but also discovering a poet. So keep it up! I do enjoy "the fruits of your labors"

p.s. It could be really nice to occasionally see similar (or otherwise arranged) ‘suggested poems from the archives’ by other very experienced people here... What do you say?

Enjoy the spring wherever you are, as we in the swamp of the D.C area soon won't (the shortest spring in the land!).

kolkore

Ahh, me darlin' chefalapalooza, ;) I'll look forward to your comfort food tomorrow.

Now I'll address this to whom it's meant to reply to
KOLKORE, me other darlin' poetical fella,

The feedback portal is a relatively new feature on literotica so if you stumble across a poem from pre-2005(?) I think, you'll find very few with public comments made to them simply because the option wasn't available when the poems were fresh.

So, lively up the bones and ashes and ressurrect a few poems you find worth reading again. :) I don't think "knowledge" of poetry has anything over "taste" in poetry so go ahead and read a few. The way I figure the new "similar stories" portal is going to work is to bring more poems up to the surface of the archive and generate new interest in works long buried.

Last edited:
I've appreciated KOLKORE's comments on my own work, and I for one would love to see a thread of K's favorites, or unearthed treasures. There's room for more than one spelunker in the realm of the archives.

LeBroz' work in the archives is only one reason I hump his leg, but it's a good one; he finds some wonderful things that might otherwise be lost. There's no reason you couldn't do the same, K.

bj

Ahh, me darlin' chefalapalooza,

The feedback portal is a relatively new feature on literotica so if you stumble across a poem from pre-2005(?) I think, you'll find very few with public comments made to them simply because the option wasn't available when the poems were fresh.

So, lively up the bones and ashes and ressurrect a few poems you find worth reading again. :) I don't think "knowledge" of poetry has anything over "taste" in poetry so go ahead and read a few. The way I figure the new "similar stories" portal is going to work is to bring more poems up to the surface of the archive and generate new interest in works long buried.

Bear in mind that so far it seems that the new "similar stories" feature is based on all the favorites folks have selected over the years. Now that everyone can now select up to 25 favorite poems (instead of only 10, as in the past), the possibility of many more favorite poems showing up is greatly increased. And it might get more folks actually reading some poetry. Just a thought...

Hey, did I do something wrong, or is that a sigh of the deepest kind of pleasure? (well, maybe not the deepest...
Well heck, colour me blush. I thought I was replying to you, Anschul rather than Kolkore. LOL. Too many men and not enough virtual memory in my pump head. (Yes there is such a thing... very hard to pin down with me but it primarily circles around new names and info. Once I've assimilated and got it right a few times I bring faces, names and nicknames together. It simply takes me a bit longer than most.)

I'll edit that lil booboo in my earlier post and leave my Ahhh there as an indication of my delight at the prospect of meatloaf and mashed... yum.

Well heck, colour me blush. I thought I was replying to you, Anschul rather than Kolkore. LOL. Too many men and not enough virtual memory in my pump head. (Yes there is such a thing... very hard to pin down with me but it primarily circles around new names and info. Once I've assimilated and got it right a few times I bring faces, names and nicknames together. It simply takes me a bit longer than most.)

I'll edit that lil booboo in my earlier post and leave my Ahhh there as an indication of my delight at the prospect of meatloaf and mashed... yum.

And I'll take that Ahhh to bed with me tonight and keep it warm. Thanks.
Lots of roasted garlic in the mashed potatoes, so make sure that who you bring with you loves you unconditionally.
Chefinator

It's educated taste which I crave...

Ahh, me darlin' chefalapalooza,

I don’t know about that, mon chéri, I have seen some of the new ‘machine’ selections and they could produce some odd results at times. I still believe in an educated taste and would have preferred it over ‘key words recognition’ If I had to choose (thankfully I don’t). My guess is that many others recognize the importance of an educated taste, or else they would not be reading the daily recommendations of the experienced guys… , but they do, and for a reason… I’d like to continue hearing which Brandy and poems intrigue Lebroz (let’s face it: very very experienced) or for that matter every thing you like about chefapalooza, or poems which intrigued you (not your software)… I am afraid I am old fashioned that way, and like to listen to experienced people in every area of my life, that is before I make my own judgment. Mind you, I still take a walk on the wild side on my own though (with or without the key word recognition guide …)
Cheers to well spend times!

My cup runneth over…

I've appreciated KOLKORE's comments on my own work, and I for one would love to see a thread of K's favorites, or unearthed treasures. There's room for more than one spelunker in the realm of the archives.

LeBroz' work in the archives is only one reason I hump his leg, but it's a good one; he finds some wonderful things that might otherwise be lost. There's no reason you couldn't do the same, K.

bj

Thank you much for the kind words. I never thought of posting anything of that nature on any thread… It just never crossed my mind. Now that you mention it, it makes sense for us to share special finds…the feedback portal is but a fleeting configuration of postings, and the feedbacks to each individual poem (or story) – well you have to find the poems/stories first, so it’s a bit of a catch 22 (like having to see a movie in order to read the review afterwards…) Thanks again!

“Poetics 101” by foehn2

This may not be the right place (any advice?) but following on bj's idea from yesterday (sharing finds) I am doing just that.
It’s all about Synecdoches and other academic creatures...
I think last year I had a head ache ...frankly I can't remember... but can't a person revisit a poem and say more? Of course he can. This is hilarious (and very literary)!
What a parody of students being under the oppressive rule of the "all knowing professors"… I especially remember the dreaded "synecdoche"... the technical term for this type of metaphor sounded so funny, it was spontaneously adopted as a serious bad name: "you synecdoche, you promised to take the book for me from the library, I knew I could not trust you!"
p.s. how do you turn the name of the poem and the poet into a link?

This may not be the right place (any advice?) but following on bj's idea from yesterday (sharing finds) I am doing just that.
It’s all about Synecdoches and other academic creatures...
I think last year I had a head ache ...frankly I can't remember... but can't a person revisit a poem and say more? Of course he can. This is hilarious (and very literary)!
What a parody of students being under the oppressive rule of the "all knowing professors"… I especially remember the dreaded "synecdoche"... the technical term for this type of metaphor sounded so funny, it was spontaneously adopted as a serious bad name: "you synecdoche, you promised to take the book for me from the library, I knew I could not trust you!"
p.s. how do you turn the name of the poem and the poet into a link?
Start a new thread, or your posts will get lost in this one.
When you do a link, just right click the mouse and highlight the poet's name/poem, then click on "insert link" which looks like this:
createlink.gif
and paste the url into the box.

A thousand thanks to Liar for his review of my two poems!

Regarding the title of the first one, mojibake does lend itself to the dadaist experiment interpretation.

Thank you oh Wicked One, for mentioning my last 2 attempts.

and yes, LeBroz, that new one ( cosmic surfer) was your science lesson for today. I have this fascination for physics that baffles me, considering I am so poor at math. anyway, for anyone interested, here is a link that will explain in a condensed version, the theory behind measuring gravitational waves. It is so freakin' cool.

LIGO

thanks to you all who have taken the time to read my work and respond to it. I usually post hoping that someone might offer a suggestion, here and there, for improvement. THis time is no different ;)

NJ

Thankes be vnto WickedEve for her mention of my latest worke.

And a special thank you to LeBroz for his comments on the previous.

I've been instructed to yell at one of you.

My thanks to Liar for his review of my two efforts at importing the shichigon zekku form into English. I agree with you about which is the better poem, Viewing Blossoms Outside the Window possesses a bit more clarity of topic and theme than The Old Town Across the Lake.

Many thanks, also, to Tzara for his review of my submissions on Saturday. I agree with you on the comma issue—a dash may work better, although I suppose punctuation is a bit superfluous in haiku. Those two, and the previous two on Friday, are attempts to write traditional haiku in English (amongst other things, possessing kigo, kireji, and in keeping with the length of the form in Japanese; cf. furuike ya kawazu tobikomu mizu no oto, old pond / a frog jumps / the sound of water).

Thanks, again, both of you.

(My infatuation with East Asian poetry ought to be fairly apparent!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back