"To keep the review thread clean..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey out there!!

Rybka said:
There are 9 new submissions on this February day, and as I like to do, I start off with a non-erotic "spinner" from the archives. - I have been criticized at times for including an "old" poem in with this thread of the "new", but I am glad I do. Some days, like today, there are few submissions worth singling out for attention, and it is always nice to be able to read and remember something good. - Besides that, my spinning has recently brought three writers of quality back to the Literotica poetry forum, and that is more than enough justification for me!
note: There is now a thread titled "Two Poems" that invites you to do your own "spinning" and then report back on what you have found. - Try it, you just might like it! There are more good 'OLD' poems out there than 'NEW' ones, even on the best of days!

Today's Blast from the Past:
This work was posted in October of 2002, and I found this poem by Senna Jawa on the second spin. In this one SJ contemplates the aging process. :rose:
Today I only found one poem by a familiar name, and unfortunately it is the only new submission that catches my attention. In Here I sit., Tristesse combines alliteration and assonance to make a fun, flowing and snappy read about . . . Well, just go see for yourself. :rose:

There are only eight other submissions, so if you have the time, you might go read them and see what you think.

standard fishy disclaimer:
Taste is always an individual thing so there certainly may be other poems out there today that you will thoroughly enjoy. If you find ones you really like on the New Poems page, please come back and tell us about them!

And please remember that our poets need your support, so Read Vote Comment Feedback. It won’t come back around if you don’t send it out! ;)

Regards, Rybka

To A Poet, Who Would Have Me Praise Certain Bad Poets. . .
You say, as I have often given tongue
In praise of what another's said or sung,
'Twere politic to do the like by these;
But was there ever dog that praised his fleas?
~ Yeats

hello everyone I am a newbe and has posted a poem named Died for love in non erotica will you give me your feed back on it please

sandspike said:
I guess that is why I had the question mark. This thing really cuts into
my lunch hour.
You have a whole hour? Darn I'm jealous.

Ok... daily poem... here we go...

... naah... lunch first.

Tzara said:
Yeah, dammit. I was thinking somewhere around 20 or so I could just start incrementing the second number and get it done quicker.
You know, 1-18, 1-19, 1-25, 1-28, 1-30.

Doesn't neo have a real job?
Saving real lives in real life!

And I'm going with a Fibonacci sequence.

eagleyez called out sick today

but asked me to thank you flyguy and those of you who voted and/or commented on his poem Requiem for a Night's Sleep. He is truly appreciative and would thank you himself, but he's um indisposed. With a virus suspiciously similar to the one I had two days ago...but I didn't give it to him. Oh no no.

Didn't know the poetry forum had sick days, did you?

Do you think Neo knows? :p

Sabina_Tolchovsky said:
All I want's a slow fuck in the afternoon
I'm not the first to say it
but I will say it just the same

you want poetry?
hold on, let me scrap it off the bottom of my shoe
'cause that's what it feels like today
like I want some honey drizzled you
instead of this fucking pen.

I can't write today.

*ahem* ....

I FUCKING LOVE YOU.

That is all.

~R
OH, GOD, I HAVE TO START BACK AT ONE... SHITE.

WickedEve said:
I think the real problem is non-stop chat that gets far away from the original topic. And the new poems thread is cleaned often. Many posters don't want to wade through chat to find the reviews.
This is a 180 degree turn around for you. Did you stick yourself in one of your Santeria exercises?

Ever get the feeling we're all morons?

~R
If I was the coolest person in the poetry forum, it'd be like being the smartest kid with Down's Syndrome... Just sayin'.

anonamouse said:
Just sayin'
like the tag lines, deep

ZOMG WE'RE HIJACKING THE THREAD OH NOES!!!11!!!1@!!!11one!!!11!!!!!!

Thanks.

~R
Fear my wit. Or don't. Y'know.. whatever sinks your battleship.

anonamouse said:
This is a 180 degree turn around for you. Did you stick yourself in one of your Santeria exercises?
1201, I'm starting to believe that I truly dislike you. :rose:

DeepAsleep said:
ZOMG WE'RE HIJACKING THE THREAD OH NOES!!!11!!!1@!!!11one!!!11!!!!!!

Thanks.

~R
Fear my wit. Or don't. Y'know.. whatever sinks your battleship.

I want it noted I had no part in this hijacking

WickedEve said:
1201, I'm starting to believe that I truly dislike you. :rose:
The problem with "dislike" is you can't tattoo it on your knuckles. I've seen your hands Eve, "1201" and "hate" I just assumed 1201 was your code for "love" . Perhaps I was wrong. :D
:rose: :rose: :rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back