"To keep the review thread clean..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget the rules, I need to spank him for posting his tomorrow poem before I post my poem for today. Bastard. :kiss:

Sara Crewe said:
Forget the rules, I need to spank him for posting his tomorrow poem before I post my poem for today. Bastard. :kiss:

It looks like I should be bad more often.

I have to reexamine the utility of this halo of mine, for sure.

Heck, a monkey with a guitar could do it.
clutching_calliope said:
I hope this is where I might a post like this. Found this while browsing for a song lyrics and it made me laugh, especially where you can see how songwriting can also crossover into the realm of writing poetry.

Now I really want to write a piece called 'House on Fire'. :)

How I Write Songs
A step by step approach to writing a new song.

Start by thinking of a good title for the song, which has some good possibilities for providing a catchy chorus, and can be explained in an interesting way in the verses. It might be an expression, like 'Guilty Secrets', 'Sad Affair', 'House On Fire' or maybe something very simple like 'Looking For Someone'. This sounds easy, but for me is always the hardest part of writing a song.

Having got the Title write the Chorus around it, using repetition. Don't make it too long, maybe 6 lines in total of which 2 will be the Title.

Now start writing the verses, which basically set you up for the chorus. Depending on how quickly you can get to the chorus either have 2 verses (say 4 lines each) or 1 verse and a bridge consisting of 2 lines. The 2nd verse or bridge will leave the song hanging, creating a break before the Chorus comes blasting through.

You need at least three different sections in a song, so if you have done 2 verses before the chorus, you could then do a 3rd verse, then chorus again, then you need some kind of middle section. Lyrically this will be the introduction of a new idea (e.g. On the other hand... or Maybe One Day...) which then sets you up for the final series of choruses.

If you have a good bridge then you might not need a middle section, and an additional middle section might make the song too long, you have to decide what's best.

from the site addy: http://www.easy-song-writing.com/articles/howWriteSongs.asp

clutching_calliope said:
Evolution of ash fragrants
the horizon melding the russet
of twilight and blaze to the smoky
pitch of a starless night.

House on fire, house on fire!

Indistinguishable gawkers extinguish
any aspiration of recuperation. Mute,
faceless people gleaning the angle of projected
bloodshed or sooty tears or merely
the draw of primal conflict

of wood and flame, consumption
at its basest source.
Ah! I can hear you on rhythm guitar in the background!

Hey calli, you are not only no longer a virgin, you have 100 posts. I cannot believe I am the first to publically wonder when we are going to get to see your seductive av?

http://www.bestprices.com/cgi-bin/vlink/033651005827BT.html

House on Fire: great urban folk compilation.

clutching_calliope said:
I hope this is where I might a post like this. Found this while browsing for a song lyrics and it made me laugh, especially where you can see how songwriting can also crossover into the realm of writing poetry.

Now I really want to write a piece called 'House on Fire'. :)

How I Write Songs
A step by step approach to writing a new song.

Start by thinking of a good title for the song, which has some good possibilities for providing a catchy chorus, and can be explained in an interesting way in the verses. It might be an expression, like 'Guilty Secrets', 'Sad Affair', 'House On Fire' or maybe something very simple like 'Looking For Someone'. This sounds easy, but for me is always the hardest part of writing a song.

Having got the Title write the Chorus around it, using repetition. Don't make it too long, maybe 6 lines in total of which 2 will be the Title.

Now start writing the verses, which basically set you up for the chorus. Depending on how quickly you can get to the chorus either have 2 verses (say 4 lines each) or 1 verse and a bridge consisting of 2 lines. The 2nd verse or bridge will leave the song hanging, creating a break before the Chorus comes blasting through.

You need at least three different sections in a song, so if you have done 2 verses before the chorus, you could then do a 3rd verse, then chorus again, then you need some kind of middle section. Lyrically this will be the introduction of a new idea (e.g. On the other hand... or Maybe One Day...) which then sets you up for the final series of choruses.

If you have a good bridge then you might not need a middle section, and an additional middle section might make the song too long, you have to decide what's best.

from the site addy: http://www.easy-song-writing.com/articles/howWriteSongs.asp

neonurotic said:
what's up?

"I am" (on a double latte)

chomps gum, can i cum over?
pops bubbles in my ear

Half-grin, "No"

I'm too busy, too old
for your seventeen yearold seduction
but thank you

It's flattering to know my
three day scruff
stressed out crazy hair
new daughter
new wife "no sleep" eyes
baggy scrub wearing ass is still sexy

god baby was there any ever doubt?
still sexy?
more sexy.
I would go further but Sabina already said it

annaswirls said:
god baby was there any ever doubt?
still sexy?
more sexy.
I would go further but Sabina already said it
I will keep the prepetual scruff, hair on end, no sleep, baggy pants look then. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back