To the Critics....

Liar said:
Horny divorcees, suckling pigs, sex changes (gender, as art, is in the eye of the beholder, you know)... Woah. How the hell did I miss all this hooplah going on? You having a party and not telling me? *sniff*

#L
Not many horny divorcee/suckling pig parties come along, so if you miss it, then it could be hours before another starts.

WickedEve said:
Not many horny divorcee/suckling pig parties come along, so if you miss it, then it could be hours before another starts.

I think we should have another in honor of Lauren's recent birthday. It's OT's turn to jump out of the cake. :D

WickedEve said:
How about one of you on the sofa, lovingly clutching the TV remote on your potato chip covered belly. Now that says MAN!

Hey, that was MY poem first!!!! Oh yeah, I used popcorn...

The_Fool said:
Hey, that was MY poem first!!!! Oh yeah, I used popcorn...
Popcorn? Then you're not a Real Man (tm). The criteria are very strict.

Liar said:
Popcorn? Then you're not a Real Man (tm). The criteria are very strict.

You know, all this negativity is going to affect me. I'm simply going to have to take this up with my therapist. I'll have you know that I can mince and cavort with the best of them...

:rose:

No kisses for you dearie...

:D

Foooooool

Angeline said:
I think we should have another in honor of Lauren's recent birthday. It's OT's turn to jump out of the cake. :D

That, I wanna see:devil: ;)

Originally posted by Angeline
I think we should have another in honor of Lauren's recent birthday. It's OT's turn to jump out of the cake.

Originally posted by *Catbabe*
That, I wanna see

last time we tried that, some people with candles seemed to forget that, um..
(In my best Euell Gibbons voice :rolleyes: ) "many parts ARE flammable".
:eek:

edited to wonder: how many are old enough to remember Euell ...

Last edited:
OT said:
last time we tried that, some people with candles seemed to forget that, um..
(In my best Euell Gibbons voice :rolleyes: ) "many parts ARE flammable".
:eek:

edited to wonder: how many are old enough to remember Euell ...
Didn't he do a grape nut comercial in the 70s? I remember an old guy in the woods eating cereal. Right?

WickedEve said:
Didn't he do a grape nut comercial in the 70s? I remember an old guy in the woods eating cereal. Right?

yep. that would be him. In a Grape Nuts commercial he was famous for saying of the pine tree "may parts are edible".

Um, does that make you old, or just a very observant toddler :D

A promise...

I know I promised to stay out of this
thread..and I will keep my word...so my
final word here...in this playground
squable...hehehehe ((((ROAR))))....SMILES...
(OK words.....smiles bigger..)

Two traveling monks reached a river where they met a young woman. Wary of the current, she asked if they could carry her across. One of the monks hesitated, but the other quickly picked her up onto his shoulders, transported her across the water, and put her down on the other bank. She thanked him and departed.

As the monks continued on their way, the one was brooding and preoccupied. Unable to hold his silence, he spoke out. "Brother, our spiritual training teaches us to avoid any contact with women, but you picked that one up on your shoulders and carried her!"

"Brother," the second monk replied, "I set her down on the other side, why yare ou still carrying her."

"bows humble and walks the path less traveled"

Re: Deep sigh

Joseki Ko said:
Well this thread has obviously gone to hell.
Oh, it went to pointless-venomous-mudslinging hell long before this last sillyness. We just brought it back to silly-flirt-and-bantering hell. Which is, I hope you agree, a nicer kind of hell.

#L

OT said:
yep. that would be him. In a Grape Nuts commercial he was famous for saying of the pine tree "may parts are edible".

Um, does that make you old, or just a very observant toddler :D
Oh, that's right. I remember something about trees. Hey, I was kid in the 70s. I'm pre-old. It's kind like pre-teen.

Re: Re: Deep sigh

Liar said:
Oh, it went to pointless-venomous-mudslinging hell long before this last sillyness. We just brought it back to silly-flirt-and-bantering hell. Which is, I hope you agree, a nicer kind of hell.

#L

Ummmm let me think...Nope don't agree.

Re: Re: Re: Deep sigh

Joseki Ko said:
Ummmm let me think...Nope don't agree.
That is, of course, your right to think.

Me, I prefer fun to fighting.

#L

Re: Re: Re: Re: Deep sigh

Liar said:

#L

I second that!

Motion carried. ;)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Deep sigh

Liar said:

#L

To be fair I don't think this thread started as a fight although it did end up as one. It started as an argument/discussion about a poem I printed out and keep in my truck. I really thought that was more FUN than this pointless bantering. We got into arguing criticism vs bitching and posting to critics. I learned alot from people with open minds and laughed at people with closed ones. I'm sorry to see that go.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Deep sigh

Joseki Ko said:
To be fair I don't think this thread started as a fight although it did end up as one. It started as an argument/discussion about a poem I printed out and keep in my truck. I really thought that was more FUN than this pointless bantering. We got into arguing criticism vs bitching and posting to critics. I learned alot from people with open minds and laughed at people with closed ones. I'm sorry to see that go.

I love a good debate, Jo. Probably more than I should. ;) This thread descended into insults by the third page, though, and I wish it had died there.

Does anyone know who YDD is?

He seems to have left critiques for many of my poems and I am wondering if anyone has received feedback/advice/critiscism from this person?

Petar

Lauren Hynde said:
No, it started as a pointless-venomous-mudslinging diatribe.

(grin) Would you care to back that up with a thesis substantiated by logical thought?

Lauren Hynde said:
No, it started as a pointless-venomous-mudslinging diatribe.
Or at least turned into that faster than I can say, well, diatribe.

#L

ps. Lauren, there's a useage fee on my patented adjectives. Only my goupies gets to use them for free. Bill is in the mail.

Back