TSCLT 10.0: Confucius say he hates a pussy!

Big stupid is a private crapper, won't do it in the house. Prefers out by the forest edge.

Little stupid is a terrorist. She tries to plant in the yard where she thinks you will walk.

I think it's little stupid that cannot control her bladder through the night.
Hard telling who vomited; they'll eat anything...,
just to keep the other one
from getting any.

Since everyone is going to town anyway, could I give someone of you a list to pick up for me?

I suppose the other two have left or they're hiding so as not to seem unneighborly

And so, where to begin? But not so much as to make the next thread title "Pantheon hates a Bidin"

First off, I think Was dresses funny and Belli talks funny.

But that's just the Midwest in me where we have no accents and proper clothing.

We even wear shoes!

I heard that.

The store was pretty well picked over. I managed to get a couple healthy Tomato plants and one Italian Oregano. Picked up some seeds for the plants they either don't carry or sell overpriced.

Never. Just weasel casserole.

I'm torn. I wanna get shit done, and I wanna be lazy. Then again, I have to show up our resident fawkin injun, so I reckon I should go and do . . . something. Even if'n it ain't right. I did have ice cream for breakfast, so there's that.

Went to the store. Scored what I went for. And got a new spiffy flashlight, too. No, not fleshlight. Y'all such pervs yo.

I may shoot the gun just to hear it go "boom!"

ca0811-113430_8.jpg

3279437_13_o.jpg

Did my errands Friday and have been putzing every since.
It's a weekend off for me and the only things I've accomplished is drinking coffee and finishing another book.
Recharging is good for the health or so they keep telling me.

I need a killer baked bean recipe.

It's turned out to be a very pleasant day outside, which is good because the a/c doesn't work for shit in Fred's Hay House. Out there scratching along getting that superfluous clutch thingie off the new car. Cheating and not using a manual. It's nice to be that fucking good.

I can look shit up if I get stuck. Not too bloody likely.

Lunch-n-nap, with the windows open. My favorite!!!

b9390f1029c351be5c909a4991670bd7.jpg

5c53a5dbe5cb1_packard_902_coupe_15486964791b276f7ebd598f3c191456.jpg

5.jpg

just ask :)

Prep Time

20M
Cook Time

1H 30M
Serves

5-7
Ingredients

1 young raccoon quartered

2 tablespoons BBQ rub we used Traeger Big Game Blend

Sauce

1 cup real maple syrup we use the excellent syrup from The Pileated Forest

1/2 cup bourbon we used Jim Beam Bonded 100 proof

2 tablespoons Traeger Coffee Rub

3 tablespoons butter

1 shallot finely chopped

Cooking Instructions

Skin and dress the raccoon by cutting into four leg sections and the back. Remove the pea-sized scent or musk gland from each leg near where it meets the body. There are several YouTube videos that will show you exactly where these glands are located.

Make the sauce. Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallot and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until softened. Add the syrup, the bourbon, and the coffee rub. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until the sauce thickens.

Rub the raccoon all over with the BBQ rub.

Grill over medium heat. We set the Traeger on 300 degrees for 90 minutes. Baste with maple bourbon sauce every 15 minutes. Flip halfway through cooking time.

I'll put that away in the event that the raccoons show up again. :)

I got my two plants in and the yard mostly squared away. Had to buy a new hose this year. They only seem to last three years tops and that's the quality brand.

I need a killer baked bean recipe.

2 cups navy beans
1/2 pound bacon, cut into pieces
1 sweet onion finely diced
3 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
1/2 cup ketchup or tomato paste
2 teaspoons and 1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar

Soak the beans overnight in water with 1 teaspoon of salt mixed in, drain and simmer in fresh water until soft (approx. 2 hours)
Preheat oven to 325*F
I recommend a disposable tinfoil dish for easy cleanup but a casserole dish works just as well. Strain the beans and stir in the bacon and onion pieces before leveling the mix out across the bottom of the pan.
In a pan (I usually reuse the bean pan) mix the molasses, 2 tsp salt, pepper, dry mustard, ketchup, worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar. Bring it to a boil and pour it over the bean mix. Add just enough fresh water to cover the beans and then put a lid or tinfoil over the top of the dish and bake for 2 hours then lift the corners of the tinfoil and cook for another hour until the beans are tender. Add more water and adjust cooking time as needed.

Only half a pound of bacon? Are you sure??? I'll have to save that and try it here soon.

Was up at the hay house - Fred is out wandering somewhere - and Walt stopped in to see me. Never met Walt, until today. He's about 500 and he was driving his '38 Shivverlay skreet rod. T'ain't much of a fan of Chebbies no more, but I let him talk and he answered some questions, and I his. Like, who's a good machine shop? Turns out he took(en) his farm stuff in but no car stuff.

The little/new cat was climbing back out of her New Hiding Place and slipped and fell. I'm so glad that I got to see that. It was a good laugh. She doesn't seem to have hurt feelers, unlike a pussified Litster.

The meatloaf is on cooking. Modified recipe. Smells wonderful . . . .

61228e26ae7402dc2e01151ac24a1d19.jpg

Back