TSCLT 10.0: Confucius say he hates a pussy!

That's one of many options Wat. :)

There's a place on the Cumberland river by the name of Burkesville, I wonder if my cousins are still making bourbon there?

I had some family back in Germany that made wine. It was good, as I recall.

Off to see the non-self-seeing weasels . . . .'

tumblr_oi0w6vnphH1vut2k1o1_1280.jpg

It's gloomy and spitting snow this morning. A mini-van just drove past the office with a surf board on the roof. I think they too a wrong turn somewhere in New Jersey.

It's gloomy and spitting snow this morning. A mini-van just drove past the office with a surf board on the roof. I think they too a wrong turn somewhere in New Jersey.

They's what you call 'optimists.'

I know fall is coming.
I need to finish up on my porch painting.
I've got all the bad spots patched and primed,
now all I have to do is the finishing touches with my new brushes.

The weather is nice enough to paint,
the pollen is thick enough to make me pay for it...

46°F and rain. We are due for a bit of wind this evening.

Home. With cat. Long day. Grazed out along the path home.

I read a bit at supper. Seems I'm in a Constitutional Carry state. That works for me.

My wrist is getting a bit more cantankerous lately. There may be a change in the weather which can be blamed.

Off of here soon . . . .

484350a62a446810e8cfac1ea0e9276d.jpg

ARf7KasFc392XZRtla7MjAXbERT4-UkS_nOfQiChhBxGes0y2D3e5QWaWEeDWTNVWwV25OtXXj4Kk-72znw9vgcPGRf6wbqLVNcOWpG14ktpwplm0Pqp

tumblr_nvfcgeY2fm1u26x2oo1_1280.jpg

Happy Thursday!!!

It's not as cold here as was forecast, which isn't an issue. No tissues needed.

We get all the wheels at work today. Company wheels. This isn't a bad group of guys, so it'll fly. Work has been a much improved experience, here, with them, but I may have alluded to that before.

I may have alluded to good coffee before, too . . . .

f284a23a5a80defb1a3c5afb20df5f60.jpg

Feature-1b-640x441.jpg

14a35d0d-f6a0-4b56-a3ba-ea5271fdc781.jpeg

Good morning Wat.

Great day at the range yesterday. :)

Off to help a friend out with some gunsmithing this AM. The drive will probably take longer than the actual work to be done. That's OK, it's a friend.

Con is carrying on his crusade, fun to watch.

Hey, good morning.
Cool weather, I should get out and do some work.
I should.
I might.

I wonder...

The hellhounds are really starting to show their age.
I like them better now that they sleep all of the time.

:cool:

Less a crusade, more a social experiment. I've had quite a bit of fun interactions and have succeeded in coaxing a few lurkers to post. I'm not any kind of fisherman, but it's what I imagine that fishing is like. Multiple casts, varied bait, perserverence.

It's not like anyone is using the auditorium they cleared out with the fire drill.

Home with cat. Gonna graze in tonight. Gonna pack a bit and then head to the house manana. It's pinche time.

The wheels were there, and it was okay. There was also word that there's another project here in town which should (may, really) start in February. Oh, and Wat has to go cross-state to the other job to set up their trailer. Apparently . . . well, never mind. No matter, it'll be a day trip with scenery.

So, that's pretty much Wat's day, A - Z. The cat is grooming, A - Z. Aay. To zee.

Maybe I should lurk moar . . . . :rolleyes:

61abc3df58bb7ffdcad7aae426893fd7.jpg

indian-larry-grease-monkey.jpg

EM9R-YFWkAA7Wq3.jpg:large

Mission accomplished this AM. My friend rewarded my efforts with a bottle of Crown Royal. A bottle that will be put away for a special occasion.

I need to make like a Wat Weasel and swap this filtered vent hood for an exhausting one. Punching a hole through the roof will do no harm, the landlord still has not replaced the roof that blew off months ago.

Eu de smokey steakhouse up in here.

Any type of roof is adequate on a sunny day.

Even no roof-at-all. Roofatall.

Wat's weasels had to sort out some bath fan venting issues over the last couple of days. Successfully.

We're putting in microwave/hood combo units and they on outside walls. They shall be . . . unvented . . . . :rolleyes:

tumblr_nv66h9ms441u26x2oo1_1280.jpg

Unvented? My parents had one of those range hoods. Why bother?

It's awful.

My dad was big on horse trading. We got two boats, a couple of RVs (one of which became concrete for three more bedrooms a third bath, a second laundry room and a pool shower) and at some point a trade yielded a Sub-Zero Refrigerator and Jenn-Air modular element, down-draft range in lieu of some portion of a commission.

Mom hated the stove. The down-draft had some sort of a fancy electrostatic filter which made a lot of noise but didn't seem to make a lot of difference.

Dad, unwilling to admit defeat had a custom copper hood fabricated to his odd sketch to cover the opening left by the pre-arranged cabinets and put a commercial turbine on the roof. Worked great. I'd settle for a hole in the kitchen ceiling to let the smoke out.

I think I remember why I don't bother using the stove I hate much.

My fantastic $35 thrift store microwave is taking up space on the counter and came with the over the stove mount bracket. I can't tell but it kind of looks like it's designed to be run as either a ventless or a vented one. By moving a plate. It's definitely got a squirrel cage. But no squirrels.

Last edited:
Allah is back to sending me the homeless. Used to be I saw them everywhere, mostly ignore them unless something specific catches my attention. I don't know how I feel about such things as being a the right place at the right time or being sent or that sort of thing.

Just by way of example, one time (years ago) it wasn't a homeless guy and it was an actual assignment but somehow dispatch had got some cross signals and sent me about eight mile to the wrong place. The situation sounded urgent so because the guy had reported that he was cold and it was quite cold outside. So rather than have it reassigned to someone close (where dispatch would probably screw it up yet again) I flew... breaking quite a few traffic laws at night through the town that my brother was now back on patrol at night. I figured it just be my luck that I get pulled over by my own brother.

Oddly, when I got there there was my brother because he noticed the guy in shock as he was driving by. So assuming omniscient, beneficent Allah sent either one of us. . .why send both brothers, when only one of us was required? Better yet send actual EMTs instead of a couple of first aid certified brothers.

I tell you that, to explain why I went back tonight. I'm not seeing nearly as many homeless because panhandling doesn't work with social distancing, a lot of them have given up. I still see them in the usual places that they stay but not on street corners and so forth.

Has a drove past ASU West on Thunderbird there's a little pull in for a city bus and a woman was waving her phone with a light on at me. I was in the middle of something that took priority but I was going to be finished in a matter of minutes and maybe a mile away. I don't think buses are running that late and I had no idea who was waving this light at me. It wasn't until I went back that she definitely looked homeless.

I was only there because I'd accepted one more assignment. Prior to accepting that my plan was to go north about 4-5 mi where there's a quicktrip to use the restroom there. Wasn't urgent but that was the plan. But since it was 4- 5 mi away I thought I take one more assignment and gamble the next one happened to take me closer than that to a restroom. I figured the odds of that we're probably 50/50.

She was stranded, not sure why she was out there. Needed a short ride but a long walk. I took her and accepted her various God bless yous. The thing is it was 77 degrees out so I would normally not worried about anyone because that's perfect temperature. Except it wasn't for her. She was cold because she suffers from unmedicated hyperthyroidism. Which I wouldn't have considered passing somebody on a beautiful night.

My dad would've stopped. I almost didn't.

Last edited:
Happy Friday!!!

It's Go Home Friday. Gonna hit the road as soon as I can get us loaded. Cat, too.

Allah does things in an interesting manner. It's his way of remaining anonymous, and he can use the Plausible Deniability called Coincidence. I was eating Wednesday night's supper, and some biker came in and chatted to the waitress for a minute. He looked scruffy and he had not one but two combat-type knives strapped to his right leg. Open carry, so to speak. He was sitting at the picnic table outside when I left, so I asked if he were okay. Said someone had pulled out squarely in front of him to the point of being on the front wheel while stopping, and it had shaken him up. He didn't want to talk - that "kid" rarely seem to. I felt that I would have been remiss not to inquire.

Good coffee morning . . . .

4865e00a80ef167586a5b8e036255b9d.jpg

1956DeSotoFirefliteSportsman4DoorHardtopBurgandyfvl.jpg

tumblr_o2pluezgvd1v761zco1_1280.jpg

Good morning folks.

Off to the Friday breakfast debriefing in a bit. In the mean time having some righteous coffee and enjoying the quiet of the morning.

Good morning, doing the morning dog shuffle.
Why they cannot go and do their business at the same time is, well, beyond me.
They won't eat at the same time either.
When I feed them scraps (which is getting rare since
they are getting old and fat), they spend more time rushing to the other bowl,
to see what it is the other dog is eating and is it better/more...

Another day of painting procrastination, maybe today...

maybe.

Allah assist #1...

It's in the 30s this morning.
It might not be warm enough to paint until afternoon.

Pity.

Allah always he'ps a brothuh out . . . .

Almost packed.

Not going as fast as anticipated.

But going . . . .

tumblr_otobtuLQPJ1w56nsho2_1280.jpg

Back