TSCLT 10.0: Confucius say he hates a pussy!

17MEPUSHLDNGL18ZDLUR_Gold_Brown_Tail_is

I've caught many a Trout on those things. Mepps, Panther Martin's, and spoons are my "go to" lures. I always give my Rapala floaters a try as well. Not as productive as the others but a hell of a lot more fun when the fish take a liking to them. Surface strikes are just more exciting.

We had all that talk of Mepps and fishing. Maybe it inspired some fishing or squirrel hunting.

Lord knows the correlation was a revelation to me. ;)

Here, it's if it moves put a bullet or arrow in it season.
Fall turkey season ends today
as does 2 day gun season for the 8-17 crowd for antlerless deer
wild boar in the southern counties
bow buck season
bear season
squirrel season

You need a scorecard to keep up

I took a doe during early antlerless rifle last month, an 8 last week for archery, saving the other buck tag for rifle season 11/15.

I guess I need to go get an Elk to keep up. I've blanked two years running on Oryx.

Made a dent in the mess I made in the kitchen last night. Now I can start all over again. :rolleyes:

JS hasn't shown up with any squirrels for the stew pot, so I reckon I'll make a mess of the kitchen with some other something or other.

Kitchens and laundry always something to do there.

By the time the DNR has the 'new' Elk herd here in numbers to hunt, I'll be dead.

Down here (and I figure where you are, too) they could double the number and we'd still be over run.

As you said, I'm surrounded!

They're trying to "re-introduce" Elk all over the country now. Be interesting to see how it works out.

Our exotics are thriving beyond all expectations, especially the Oryx which is becoming a nuisance in some areas. (What would you expect when you introduce a species whose only natural predator is the African Lion?) The Ibex and Barbary sheep are doing well too and the local Mtn. lions are keeping their numbers from getting out of hand.

Down here (and I figure where you are, too) they could double the number and we'd still be over run.

As you said, I'm surrounded!

I live in a six county area that is it’s on DMU. They released over 40,000 doe tags for this area and priced them at five dollars each.

Back