TSCLT 10.0: Confucius say he hates a pussy!

They're trying to "re-introduce" Elk all over the country now. Be interesting to see how it works out.

Our exotics are thriving beyond all expectations, especially the Oryx which is becoming a nuisance in some areas. (What would you expect when you introduce a species whose only natural predator is the African Lion?) The Ibex and Barbary sheep are doing well too and the local Mtn. lions are keeping their numbers from getting out of hand.

There was a news report here, last week. The auto insurance companies say folks living here are the most likely in the U.S. to hit a deer (or other wildlife). The deer are the most damaging culprits. (silly goats on steroids) Now jump forward 40 or 50 yrs and add elk to the mix. I won't be here, but folks then, will have to have car armor.

There was a news report here, last week. The auto insurance companies say folks living here are the most likely in the U.S. to hit a deer (or other wildlife). The deer are the most damaging culprits. (silly goats on steroids) Now jump forward 40 or 50 yrs and add elk to the mix. I won't be here, but folks then, will have to have car armor.

Ask Thor what the Moose vs Car fatality rate is up in his part of the country.

daily_picdump-34-5.jpg

I've caught many a Trout on those things. Mepps, Panther Martin's, and spoons are my "go to" lures. I always give my Rapala floaters a try as well. Not as productive as the others but a hell of a lot more fun when the fish take a liking to them. Surface strikes are just more exciting.

I've always thought that you shouldn't get your hands stinky until you catch a fish....

<pointing out the obvious> Probably doesn't do the moose much good either.

The moose/train collisions are pretty amazing. A train has no "give" like a car, and the moose can have it's innards "popped" out.

People need to learn not to overdrive their lights.

An aveo is not the vehicle to be in when impacting a deer.

I agree completely. There wouldn't have been much left of the car if I hadn't swerved into the ditch.

When I was in Thunder Bay I saw a bear meet a semi, I think the truck got the worst part of that

Last edited:
I agree completely. There wouldn't have been much left of the car if I hadn't swerved into the ditch.

Might be perfect for smacking a moose, if you're dead center between the limbs. I heard of a guy on a motorcycle who fared well in that type collision because he ducked behind the fairing in time.

Might be perfect for smacking a moose, if you're dead center between the limbs. I heard of a guy on a motorcycle who fared well in that type collision because he ducked behind the fairing in time.

I could probably drive right under one and it would just step over me

I could probably drive right under one and it would just step over me

Legend has it that a guy in a VW Beetle hit a moose dead-on and the moose died on top the crunched car. He was unable to open the doors to get out.

The new, moderated GB is bizarre. A handful of posts have just vanished. Posts that I saw had definitely posted, could not possibly be controversial.

Also, the new Firefox update sucks. They just decided to rearrange everything with the url box at the bottom.

attachment.php

Randomly increases front size. It's almost unusable

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201018-120707_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20201018-120707_Firefox.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
You may have something else going on Con. I'm running the latest and greatest FF and no such problems. Of course I'm running a desk top.

I use FF on laptops, tablets and various PC's with no issues, my brother has an IPad and has had issues though.

Don't most moose just get up and walk away after destroying a car? They're the tanks of the animal world

I use FF on laptops, tablets and various PC's with no issues, my brother has an IPad and has had issues though.

Don't most moose just get up and walk away after destroying a car? They're the tanks of the animal world

I have nothing to add on the FF thing.

But the moose thing...I wouldn't want to hit one. unless I was in a tank.

They're usually crippled and need to be put into the freezer.

It's bison that just shake their head and walk away.

No moose here, the bears only weigh a couple hundred pounds, and the elk are much further inland than I go. I’m safe!

Back