TSCLT 10.0: Confucius say he hates a pussy!

Same, I’ve practiced left handed and it’s never mattered, but the recoil does have a slightly different feel even on 9mm.

I wonder how much of that is torque related or just comfort level? Just an observation but top level competitors that shoot Colts don't do well with Smiths. Conversely Smith shooters don't do well with colts. A friend of mine asserts its because the cylinders rotate in opposite directions. It's as good an explanation as any other I've heard.

I wonder how much of that is torque related or just comfort level? Just an observation but top level competitors that shoot Colts don't do well with Smiths. Conversely Smith shooters don't do well with colts. A friend of mine asserts its because the cylinders rotate in opposite directions. It's as good an explanation as any other I've heard.

Half of it could be imagined, who knows? It just feels different to me.

Then again, I’m a bit of a weirdo!

I asked the local dealer about Laguna Orange on Zelda.

We'll see if he goes for my eye teeth. The last one did.

Some folks just seem to wanna get told to go fuck themselves . . . .

7f107f6484757a8298828fa05ce242a6.jpg

jay002002003763011.jpg

You swerved into an interesting point with that Colt ad you posted Wat.

I used to officiate at a lot of 3 gun matches. Folks showed up with all sorts of equipment. The AR's were all pretty much the same, just with different doodads hanging off them. The pistols and shotguns were a different story. What I noticed there was the really high end equipment started failing as soon as the dust started blowing and God knows we've got plenty of dust out here. The mundane Rem. 870's, Mossy 500's, glocks, and service Smiths kept on ticking. The Benelli's, Kimbers, etc. all started crapping out. I also know from experience that the high end autoloading pistols are finicky about the ammo you feed them. They all look pretty but I wouldn't want to take them to a fight.

I used to officiate at a lot of 3 gun matches. Folks showed up with all sorts of equipment. The AR's were all pretty much the same, just with different doodads hanging off them. The pistols and shotguns were a different story. What I noticed there was the really high end equipment started failing as soon as the dust started blowing and God knows we've got plenty of dust out here. The mundane Rem. 870's, Mossy 500's, glocks, and service Smiths kept on ticking. The Benelli's, Kimbers, etc. all started crapping out. I also know from experience that the high end autoloading pistols are finicky about the ammo you feed them. They all look pretty but I wouldn't want to take them to a fight.

That’s why I avoid Kimber, they’re picky bastards!

Tolerances, I would bet. Less room for stray dirt in the more precisely machined pieces.

Can you imagine how wide the variances must have been on anything you can think of before interchangeable parts made accuracy to specifications kind of important.

Tolerances, I would bet. Less room for stray dirt in the more precisely machined pieces.

Can you imagine how wide the variances must have been on anything you can think of before interchangeable parts made accuracy to specifications kind of important.

That's it in a nut shell.

It would be interesting to get a handful of Baer's, Kimber's, or the like and start swapping barrels, triggers, hammers, etc to see how much you could mix'n'match and have the damn things keep running. I've done a lot of that with std. 1911's without a hitch.

I puttered around the house today It was beautiful outside, but boy was the day long. Makes me dread tomorrow after this time change business.

You could have gone all night without bringing up the time change. Maybe I'll change the clocks tomorrow. :(

I was going to say that it doesn't bother me all that much not being on a schedule and all. But there's something I want to pick up at the gun shop tomorrow and now they're going to open an hour later. :rolleyes:

Home with cat. Getting ready to go home with cat. We leave tomorrow as early as I can make it happen. It's nice gaining an hour of shut-eye tonight. And then the vehicles will reset themselves to be correct on Central Standard Time. Who knew???

I've always wondered about picky pistols and just carrying them in one's waistband. Good ol' lint likely works as well as dust to pollute the passageways. Ordinary dryer lint.

Took a wee nap. Grazed out on the way in. Went to see HfD Lady. We chatted. Pretty sure she's single and beginning to suspect that she's of the wants-to-stay-that-way persuasion.

I bet those people - They Know Who They Are - won't wave as I pass through tomorrow . . . .

217e0565e6658aef4acade4cb42473b9.jpg

BPKThQnCUAAzFJl.jpg:large

D6sUALmXsAE_py1.jpg:large

You can drink an extra cup of coffee whil you wait, b.

Wattage, surely you won't get high hatted again!

No, I'll be ignored.

It's almost like it's the will of Allah.

If my feelers weren't so fucking tender . . . .

:(

57e3b3f62b12e0c2e30ae3ca9cd9e77a.jpg

8e039af3ccd07e5b6d4558f4b070f744.jpg

tumblr_n4g2aw1vRG1t65o83o1_1280.jpg

Happy Sunday!!!

Of course, it's back to "standard" time now. Who's to say which is who? Who are "they" to say in the first place? They're as bad as Lit jeenyusses.

LOading up here in a little while. Gonna head home to see what's there to look at. There was the edge of the hurricane what went through a few days ago, and I hope that the roof repair held still.

Ah, coffee . . . .

72708192495dce9f585458d46c0c51c3.jpg

sddefault.jpg

tumblr_m1plxe9Xvr1rnevvoo1_1280.jpg

Good morning sportsfans.

Geez Wat, do you expect the roads to be lined with folks waving to you as you drive by?

That would be weird wouldn't it?

Just two.

They hate me. I knew it.

In other news: on this date in 1896 –
A picture showing the bare breasts of a woman appears in National Geographic magazine for the first time.

Thanks be to Allah!!!!

tumblr_nz6ldiBo9G1ujx889o1_500.gif

Hmmm, almost 19 years and first time evah.

Who knew????

Must be an acquired taste . . . .

:rolleyes:

tumblr_lielnkj65z1qeika1o1_1280.jpg

Back