TSCLT 9.0: Allah Hates A Pussy, Too!!!

Only the Pear survived the spurious freezes this year. The Apple was in full bloom when the last hit. Seems to happen about every third year.

The pear orchard here was in full bloom about 3 weeks ago. There was lots of rain, but no freezes. I'm hopeful the trees bear lots of fruit this year.

I just walked out to check. Peaches are going to be in short supply this year. The Apple looks like maybe 25% of the blooms have set. Too early to tell for certain.

I need to get some Basil in and I'm probably going to start some Sage this year as well. Right now I have Cilantro and Thyme in. Oh, and Dill. Gotta have Dill.

I'm not doing a garden again this year, but I will help do one for J. She shares nicely, and she lives in the county with the primo maters in the area.

I may have committed to help till next weekend. I may also have committed to making more s'ghetti sauce.

I may need to be committed, but it may also rain.

I may turn in shortly . . . .

hR5Tx83.jpg

Yeah, Cilantro doesn't seem to have any in between fans. :)

Going to do your mega-potato thing again?

For me there's an aftertaste to it that is unpleasant. Maybe it's something you have to be raised eating?

I haven't decided on the tater box yet.

What had turned into a swampy mess in the garden spot didn't dry up til mid June. So, there was no crop of anything :(

Happy Monday!!!

Looks/sounds like we get some rain today. Like of the most-of-the-day variety. We may lose windows guys today. We'll see.

Still could be a chance of frost tomorrow night in some parts. That's odd. Could also be enough rain this week to keep Wat from tilling. That would be heartbreaking.

There's plenty of coffee, however.

05e8d6a456452ff0a456559e39e2e970.jpg

W4DCZJPCYHPHSIVE67SC5HVV5Y.jpg

tumblr_mh6z7ef0IH1rl7euyo1_1280.jpg

Good morning all.

Nice day in the offing in these parts. Still haven't decided whether to head out to the range or not. No hurry on that.

We're supposed to be in a warming trend which will be welcome
especially if it is not as damp as it was yesterday.

Today the pharmacy will be an essential business.

The State road workers have blocked off the street in front of my office.

There's a flood control "river" that runs under the street and then out to a river. It was built around 1900 when a flood washed away the entire town. For the past 20 years or so, the state and the county have been fighting over who is responsible for repairs and maintenance.

I reckon they figured it out, since the state is getting ready to dig it up. Should give me something to watch this summer. I'm gonna need a lawn chair.

One man in the hole with a shovel and 6 standing on the street looking at him. Seven if you count me.

Did you happen to count the super? He never gets out of the truck.

Back