TSCLT 9.0: Allah Hates A Pussy, Too!!!

The problem with the old push button transmissions is that Chrysler never came up with an effective "Park" mechanism.

I don't trust the park-by-wire in the Prius.

Until Infigured out that it is a weak (torn?) torque mount, I thought something was wrong with the automatic clutch.

Weird system in these cars, the transmission is a continuously variable unit, but it is connected to the engine by what looks like a conventional pressure-plate-clutch-disc. I don't know how that is rngaged/disengaged. No levers apparent. Maybe some sort of internal solenoid powered off 5ge generation of rjdctricity that happens in the CVT. That transmission/generator is the most expensive part of the car. It has to vary the drive ratio as needed, generate electricity when visiting and propel the car with or without the gas enginenassusting, depending on demand.

Didn't ride last week. Somehow, it seems that the little bike's switch got left on. I moved it while it was covered and likely hit it and didn't see it. It was dead as a doornail.

I couldn't find my charger, so I went and bought a new one. This one will switch from lead to lithium, so that's good. I can lose 15 pounds by changing batteries, which I may do next year for shits-n-giggles.

It was raining cats-n-dogs out there while I was out. Something like it's the wettest August ever, and we're barely halfway through today and have 16 more. We're all gonna die at this rate.

Oh, and the roof sprung a leak. Go figure . . . . :rolleyes:

0a000c570eb5b09a8efab2c840426de1.jpg

193-1933220_orange-county-choppers-car-harley-davidson-motorcycle-harley.png

VCuMsZxh.jpg

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/ar...aily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2020-08-14

MM205-MOD-01.jpg

That's because instead of a modern electronically-controlled overdrive transmission, the Hellcrate is backed by a Passon Performance five-speed manual gearbox based on Chrysler's own stalwart A-833 "Hemi" fourspeed, so the original speedometer cable plugged right into it. The additional overdrive top gear ratio is 0.70:1, which turns any vehicle with it into a more comfortable highway cruiser.

It's a significant upgrade for a number of reasons, not the least of which is it fits the transmission tunnel without modifications. That's been the traditional challenge for adding later overdrive automatics and other transmissions to many muscle car-era Mopars. In fact, the Passon Performance transmission not only slips into the tunnel like a stock A-833, it uses the stock crossmember and mount, and has proven to be a great contemporary complement to the Hellcat engine.

:eek:

845114a1a4e74c7e2fc25b45ef167601.png

93v6jF4h.jpg

I liked the old Chrysler products push button shifts. Edsels used them, too, as I recall.

There were those B-model Mack tractors with two sticks. Now, those were fun, once you got the hang of them.

Mom learned to drive a Valiant with a push button automatic. It was commonly said she thought that R was for race.

The CVT on the Sube with the paddles is better than I thought it would be. It makes drinking coffee in traffic easy.

The 5sp in the Cruiser is perfect for off roading. Thankfully, there's a vac-assist clutch for stop and go traffic when on the road. The spring on the clutch is a beast on the diesels.

I always liked a clutch spring with some arse about it.

Then again, the big bike has a bit of a beast for a clutch spring. Of course, that's for the left hand.

The little one is easier to manipulate.

lusciousnet_princessa_245579722.1024x0.jpg

Mom learned to drive a Valiant with a push button automatic. It was commonly said she thought that R was for race.

The CVT on the Sube with the paddles is better than I thought it would be. It makes drinking coffee in traffic easy.

The 5sp in the Cruiser is perfect for off roading. Thankfully, there's a vac-assist clutch for stop and go traffic when on the road. The spring on the clutch is a beast on the diesels.

Why would there be a shift option on a CVT? Are there gear ranges?

The cruiser clutch is hydraulic. Vac assist just like "power" brakes.

The Sube shift paddles are great for compression braking. I could give a shit about manually controlling the CVT transmission otherwise.

This is true, but according to my barometer (an unopened bag of chips) the barometric pressure is dropping so there is a chance of rain later. :)

Morning news takeaway:

Polls are funny.
People won't say they will for Trump
but they will say that the think their neighbors will...

After seeing how people are treated here,
I don't blame them one little bit.

It's a damned good thing that voting is done in private.

After coffee I get to deal with a nest of mud daubers,
good for keeping spiders down, bad for people allergic to their stings
Other than that, today should be quiet and allow me to choose a
new book off my waiting to be read pile

They don't penetrate into a ground nest, sometimes the old ways are the best
Normally I would just ignore them but they are too close to the door this year
and have become a nuisance.

All we have are the paper wasps, no mud here. :) The little ones are the worst, very aggressive little beasties.

Happy Sunday!!!

Did a bit of research after having a brain search result (not as fast as Google by a long shot but still pretty effective) and there's a spray EPDM product. That would eliminate my having to remove this old roof at all. Just patch the holes, clean it, and then spray this shit on. Good for 15-18 years. I've used the sheet version and it leaves a nice roof - just stay off the damned thing. This stuff looks like the bomb for flat/low-pitch reroofing.

They only trick is, I'd need a good-sized commercial spray rig, but I wager that I know a painter who would lend me something suitable, or rent it if need be. Now, if Amazon sells it . . . .

Not bad for my first cuppa coffee . . . .

40fc63bcf6d0ed9d228f9e3fd42c6708.jpg

DNN55x0.jpg

Back