There is such a thing.
I saw it on Dirty Jobs.

They don't let the bulls
mount the cows...

There has to be a middle man.
I would not want to be that man.

I've been to the rodeo and the county fair,

:D

... and I have yet to see that as a competition.

Milk maids on stools,
handing off their harvest
to the dairy men for insemination.

I have seen a clip of a gal and her horse though...

Morning stuff to do.

Off to get ready for another delightful day at the weasel grind.

Fortunately, there be no milking of the weasels.

We can simply shoot ours, plant their bodies, wait for the weasel plants to sprout, and pick new ones . . . . :rolleyes:

25e63f572d331a2d19681abc880bf1c1.jpg

Wenta-Shovel-by-BEN-OTT-41-545x364.jpg

tumblr_pa9o9cOjXg1xvx7y0o8_1280.jpg

Pink chablis.

The really cheap stuff.

And Comanchero brand for dessert.

There be weasels here. Let the mayhem begin . . . .

b25356d954e3138f49181083ae69682b.jpg

tumblr_pp03bgMB0n1uomwqyo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nkd9m4AjU81u6anqvo1_500.jpg

Lunchtime. A burger. Oh boy!!!

We have siding goofs, the parking lot sealers, painters, sunshine, the Air Force fly-overs, Wat doing punch lists, P000ding doing whatever he does, and Jabba the s000per . . . breathing, I guess. We also have the plans for the new 48-unit clusterfuck.

There be errors, apparently. Who knew???

Something will become apparent. It always does . . . .

8ca0f51b75dd880ca7caecf4706294b5.jpg

cool-bikes-sweetstetr.jpg

tumblr_o790tobAJB1ui0j1so1_1280.jpg

"Things that are complex are not useful. Things that are useful are simple."
- Mikhail Kalashnikov

"Things that are complex are not useful. Things that are useful are simple."
- Mikhail Kalashnikov

I love an elegant solution.

There's this jack I don't need but am probably going to by be ause everything about it is as simple as it could be. You are probably familiar with them, but I had not seen one.

Screw jack with gears cut at 45°. The pawl that operates the drive gear is contoured to slide back easily on the reset stroke and gravity locks the pawl into the gear on the power stroke. That's it. No other moving parts. No tension spring, no select lever. After I left the shop, I realized I don't know how you on-track it, so I have to go back and will probably buy it. I would have already, but I'd like an original handle. A piece of bar stock would fit but I'd like it complete.

Not quite it: https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-VINTAGE-ANTIQUE-GEAR-SCREW-CAST-IRON-JACK-for-AUTO-CAR-TRUCK/164346416853?hash=item2643cf4ed5:g:dycAAOSwudpfPq0q

Closer: https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-VINTA...rand=Unbranded&_trksid=p2332490.c100930.m5375

Last edited:
Home. Grazing in. Stopped to make a few groceries on the way home. Mostly cat food. His Majesty ran out of canned.

Fortunately, I know what he likes, at least for right now. Insh'Allah he continues to like it.

I picked up some ice cream. It's been a long time.

A bit of josh seems in order . . . .

cf3ef4a61c41c24bdbe907f49d4d221c.jpg

cikhJ1Lz_PGwSIULtXQhX3uiE8GCzOjvd9KKB6ECHVi7meFl1_d5lXL01hSxXhqVant_Hp-p4LO9SPSLYgcqUKFsU-13IuSMOtXhKOQy4UJCL62J-aKk

tumblr_mm6gcbYk1Y1s5uvnvo1_1280.jpg

Good afternoon. The weather liar is teasing me with the possibility of rain again. NFW.

A light meal with lots of greens is on the menu for tonight. Then I'll catch up on some reading.

The ice cream was damn good.

Running out of gas for this day.

No matter, because tomorrow is another one.

7918a8df15a7b9d6eaa51f7355824773.jpg

10_267db0d5-c59b-40b8-8802-0b4139573d08_1024x.jpg

15.jpg

Happy payday Wednesday!!! Obligations squarely met and all that good shit.

Looks dry until we get whatever hurricane hoohah that's headed our way. I can assure you, we can hardly wait.

We have the architect virtual visit today. Did I mention the plans she sent? The plan says one thing, the elevation another, and the notes/specs a third. Specs take precedence, but with that many discrepancies, I think I'd drop the dime to call and ask. Or bring it up tactfully on the virtual visit. Jabbas don't do things like Wat do, so who knows?

The cat is fed and the coffee rocks . . . .

ffff2b5fc2fc02c16c132b1fc95730d3.jpg

51ANIoa16IL.jpg

tumblr_ngsc0wCNkp1symvnjo1_1280.jpg

It also Range Day Wednesday. Looks like the weasel targets don't cover the spectrum. Gonna have to print up some Jabba targets at the least.

It's still smoggy/smutty/hazy out there from all the wild fires about. This social distancing shit has royally fucked up the efficacy of the Rain Dances.

Good afternoon. The weather liar is teasing me with the possibility of rain again. NFW.

A light meal with lots of greens is on the menu for tonight. Then I'll catch up on some reading.

The steel in my leg was calling for rain Sunday night, but nothing came of it. That used to be reliable. I went a few years with hardly any twinges, then it hit hard Sunday.

Back