USS Dark Fire (IC)

Hora

Hora was a bit dense, but the way L’Sa had said Captain made her realized she had not been using her proper title. Doctor L’Sa seemed annoyed. Although as a Vulcan, you really could not tell.

“Well, thank you Doctor L’Sa. You and your staff are amazing. I have not lost anyone under my command, and I think all my worrying has made me over bearing. Not to mention forgetting to use your proper title. Sorry, I annoyed you."

Dr L’Sa was about to tell her, Vulcans don’t get annoyed.

“Yes, I understand you don’t get annoyed” Hora replied for Dr L’Sa. Then she had an idea. This situation might be a good way to get to sleep with Commander Reeves! “However, Orion’s like to be good host, and I reckon I owe you a proper apology."

Dr L’Sa had a "What does that mean?" look on her face.

“An Orion Slave Girl apology” Hora said with a big, naughty grin on her face. “How about I come by your quarters tonight” And she walked out, before Dr L’Sa could say no.

Stardate 29870518.0000

Watching as the Captain Left L’Sa wondered what the Orion was thinking. Was it normal for an Orion to invite themselves to the residence of another? It certainly wasn’t normal for a human, the last Captain had actually inquired about Cultural etiquette and been taught by Dark Fire how to greet Vulcan’s in their own homes and Expected behaviors.

Calling security she asked for several officers to be present as a human had been attacked, or seriously injured in an accident. Walking over to The Human patient Doctor L’Sa scanned both individuals and after determining the Caitian had no injuries asked the Human if the Caitian had caused said injuries.

Listening as the human female answered various questions she began her exam, and nodded to the security officers when they arrived. “Please provide a statement to the Officers, When they are done with you, you are free to return to your duties.”

“What attacked you?” She asked. “I’m not detecting any DNA other than your own. You’ve suffered a great deal of damage to your spine, neck, shoulders, arms, and legs. If I had DNA I would expect to see Klingon or Vulcan, with the injuries you’ve sustained.”

Running into the room a human male and female looked at Doctor L’Sa and the bio readings of the medical bed. “I’m Dr. Grissom this is my Assistant Dr. Sidle.” The Male said to Ensign Cook. “It looks like you got banged up pretty bad, Gravity failure?” he asked.

“Never mind, will figure out hat happened later. Right now you need surgery. Dr. L’Sa, assist position Two, Dr. Sidle Three.”

“Ensign, please take a deep breath and start counting backwards from twenty.” Putting a mask over Cook’s face L’Sa watched as the Human went under.

Stardate 29870518.0100

When Cook regain consciousness a Security Officer with Lt. Commander pins at his shoulder was standing in the room.

“Good, you’re awake. Are you able to tell me what happened?” he asked.

Lt. Commander Shino Mc’Leo

Shino had dropped off Ensign Riley Cook, went back to his quarters and changed. Then immediately returned to sickbay and not left Riley side. Shino with his sun-bleached blond highlighted fur, cut-offs, flip flops, and t-shirt looked out of place in the sickbay. He looked like a human surfer from 1970! He brought his guitar and a few cans of beer.

When Lt Commander Aegeri showed up. Shino sat up straighter. Aegeri did not say anything to him, just pointed to the exit. There was no question in Shino’s mind, he was being asked to leave.

Shino got up. “I found her. I’ll wait out side” He told the security officer.

Then he walked out. Shino had gotten into the dog house with Aegeri and the last captain. He did not conform to any of the fleet rules and regulations. This included training, following orders, etc. Most of the time, he just played a guitar, holo-surfed, drank beer and smoked catnip. Nevertheless, he was the best fighter pilot on the ship. Commander Reeves might be better, but as XO, he did not count.

Shino waited outside the sickbay. He started to play some songs. Artists like Neil Young, Buffett, Van Morrison, Dylan.

Ensign Cook

“A Marine grabbed me by the shoulders and threw me into the bulkhead. A few times, I think. When I woke up, I was in an airlock. I’m sorry, but with the visor in place hiding their face, and no information on their uniform. I have no idea who did it” She explained.

Hora

Walked onto the bridge

“Captain on the bridge!” Someone called out. She waved off the OOD coming to report to her. She went over to Commander Reeves. She gave him full report on Ensign Stonn condition. She added “You wife is very nice.”

“What is the status on the biological?” She asked “And Lt Sol?”

Stardate 29870518.0100

Lt. Comm. Aegeri:
“Where, and when, did the attack occur? I can look into it from there. The Doctor’s report said no other DNA was discovered on your person. Could you describe the armour? They have different components and colors based on duties.”

“Use a data pad and Dark Fire, see if you can remember enough to build a composite of the Armour. Send it to me when you can, And if you need anything just tell me.”

XO Reeves
“I thought so as well,” Reeves replied. “Its why I married her.”

“As for the Biological there is no change in speed, course, temperature, radiation emissions.” He told her pointing at the Dradis display.

“As for the Lieutenant… there is no change. Although I believe a Medical Ensign, likes him. Though I’m not sure why.”

“If you’re going to be on the Bridge for a while, I’m going to try and get some sleep.”

Hora

“I can take over. A few more questions before you go.” Hora said. “Have the teams completed the checks on Dark Fire? Any reports from the Vulcans? Did Lt York find any unauthorized comms? Oh and would like me to wear a traditional Orion Slave girl costume for my apology or a more modern one?”

Ensign Cook

The marine was in full combat gear. She knew the different types and pick the correct one. She blanked out the name plate, and removed the rank. Added the tactical visor.

She wrote a quick note “That is what they looked like, attack happened at 29870518.0400” and sent it off to Lt Commander Aegeri.

As she walked out of sickbay, Lt. Commander Shino Mc’Leo was there playing his music.

“Thanks for finding me again” Reily said.

“Reily, it's gnarly to be solo. Wanna cruise back to my pad?” He suggested to her

Reily did not want to be alone. She nodded her head in agreement. Shino led her back to his place.

Stardate 29870518.0115

“The Engineering Crew should be finished by o400 hours with the Diagnostic. So far everything is clear.”

“The Vulcans have not yet made a report about any information they may have gathered, but more than likely they are either waiting for responses from everyone, or they are compiling the data. It’s a logical thing to do.”

“So far no unauthorized comms have been verified, but we have received several secondary data streams that haven’t been decoded yet. As soon as Dark Fire has been cleared, he can process the data streams and determine what they are.”

“Apology? What Apology? And why would you dress as a Slave?” Reeves asked rather confused by her last comment. “You have no reason to apologize to me, nor would I like for you to wear any slave garments.”

Just then a report came in. “Lieutenant Commander Aegeri is investigating an Attempted Murder. An Ensign was assaulted and placed in an Airlock by a Marine. No DNA was found on the victim. All identification was removed from the Marines Armour and the blast visor was engaged.” Looking through the Security Report he looked at Captain Hora, “It’s your Ensign Cook, the one re-investigating Captain James’ death.”

“Someone found out she’s investigating the Death.”

“Excuse me Captain Hora, Commander Reeves, If I might make a suggestion. A secondary protocol unit can be created to maintain a continuous diagnostic assessment of my core files. The Unit would also be a physical assess point for Communications, and could assist the Ensign in her investigation, as well as provide her with Security.”

“Such a unit requires the authorization of the Captain, First Officer, and Chief Engineer.”

Hora

“I don’t think we want to set up dueling AIs. One is bad enough” Hora joked. “Just kidding Dark Fire.” she said to the AI. “I owe your wife an apology. I failed to use her title multiple times and was a bit overbearing on suggesting treatment ideas for Ensign Stonn. The Orion Slave Girl dance, is a common gift to make amends, Orions offer others. Most races find the dance entertaining. It is a way for you and Dr L’Sa to learn about me. I reveal much of myself during the dance. In this way, I can build your trust and show my loyalty. Afterwards, I can be a comforting ear for you and her.” Hora explained.

“I know, I must adapt to other cultures and races on this ship. However, they too should try to learn a little bit about where I come from and my culture.” Hora added.

“I’m puzzled about the Ensign Cook attack. I will check up on her when I get a moment. You’d better get some rest. I think Lt Sol is ready to visit his girlfriend” Hora said looking over to Lt Sol computer screen, where “first date” ideas were listed.

Stardate 29870518.0115

“Captain you don’t need to build trust or Loyalty,” Reeves replied. “It’s my duty to counter your suggestions with others, and then comply with the orders you give. Coming to our Quarters and Dressing as a slave of any culture would be inappropriate, the same would be said of any slave dance.”

“If however we partook of a meal at yours, and you did this it would be appropriate. But I have seen the Orion Slave Dance, and did not find it…. Appealing.”

“As for a comforting ear, L’Sa and I speak nightly before the evening meal and meditation. I will inquire if she wishes to observe this Dance for herself.”

Last edited:
Hora

“Mmm… I have never heard of a human male that did not like the Orion slave dance! How odd” Hora said somewhat surprised. “However, I agree to your terms. I will prepare a human “thank you” meal for you and Dr L’Sa. Dress is casual. I shall be your servant/host for the evening. If Dr L’Sa wishes a dance, I will be ready. If not, pleasant after diner conversation” Hora agreed. “Now get some rest”

Lt Sol

After his watch, Lt Sol headed over to Lt Bumme’s quarters. He pressed the entrance communicator.

“Lt Bumma this is Lt Sol, may I speak to you” Zosh said very factually with no feelings.

Loka opened her door.

“Oh hi, please come in, and call me Loka” she said with a big warm smile on her face.

Zosh entered the hot and humid, jungle like room. There were plants everywhere. He also detected other animals, reptiles to be more precise. He saw a lizard duck behind a plant. He smelled a snake, and he heard a frog leap for cover. He had never seen a Twi’lek room before but he was expecting this.

It made him turn and look more closely at Loka. She was a smaller warm-blooded humanoid with long appendages protruding from the back of her heads. Her skin color was a pale blue. She was thin, but had large breasts. She also had blunt teeth, not a carnivore.

“Please have a seat” Loka said “Can I get you anything?” She asked

“No thank you” Zosh said. He did not take a seat either. “I came here to ask you, if you wish to get a drink at Hyperspace Lounge. I have been told there are virtual “windows” that can call up anything in the galaxy. Such as famous nebula, spaceships, or you can visit planets such as Batuu or Tatooine.”

Loka was a bit confused “What are you asking?” she asked

“I’m asking me on a date” Zosh explained

“OH!” She said finally getting it. “I’d love to go.”

“Please follow me” Zosh instructed her as they departed her quarters.

Stardate 29870518.0200

Sitting on the floor, the candles burned, or at least the holographic candles burned, their scent filling the room as Commander Reeves and Dr. L’Sa meditated. The say knee’s touching, the first two fingers of his left hand touching her right temple and first two fingers of her left hand touching his right temple.

Their meld was mutual, calming, and joining. The Meld most non-Vulcan's knew about was violent and forced. A Vulcan – usually male – grabbed a victims face and forced a merging of minds. Reeves and L’Sa had been doing this for years. They were able to share thoughts, idea’s, feeling, emotions completely and without reservation. It helped him to remain calmer during stressful situations, and allowed her to understand Humans, and other non-Vulcan’s, more.

After the Mediation He read from the writings of Surak, while she read the Holy Bible – it was her fourth reading of the Book – After the readings they ate their meal and made love for an hour before they took a shower together and went to bed.

Being on yellow alert for prolonged periods of time required a shifting of scheduled hours. But he had conditional alerts set, as did she.

The Date

Zosh usually did not like “comfortable” or “pretty” things. But he had to admit the Hyperspace Lounge was nice. They sat at some comfortable “lounge” type chairs, which allowed Zosh’s large tail to occupy the spot next to him. They had fun picking what image, they would look at on their virtual windows.

Zosh wanted heavily armored spaceships… while Loka pulled up some colorful nebulas. In the end, they agreed upon a combination. A dyson sphere in front of a dark purple nebula.

https://spore.fandom.com/wiki/Fiction:Dyson_Sphere?file=Dyson-shell.jpg

“So you grew up on a dyson sphere?” Loka asked

“Yes, it was a good place for my race. We were the dominate species on the sphere. It has gotten messier recently when other races receiving more rights. But I liked growing up there.” Zosh explained.

“Croco-lamia are very fierce and very powerful fighters. Federation scientists have studied your race, and yours is one of the most survivable ever studied. You have extra stores of fluids and nutrients in your shoulders, allowing you to go extended periods without feeding. You have extra sets of major organs, like 2 hearts and 4 lungs and you can go into a furious blood rage during battle where you can ignore all pain and will fight to the death.” Loka shared

Zosh smiled and thought “this warm blood had done her homework”.

“Thank you for the compliment. But let’s talk about you. I have never studied Twi'leks. What can you tell me about your species?” Zosh asked

Loka’s head appendages wiggled in excitement.

“Twi'leks are one of the most common species in the galaxy. You might think of us as the “common lizards” of the universe.”

“But you are warm-blooded” Zosh pointed out

“Well, yes…. Let me think of a better animal… how about an earth rabbit. Not very survivable, but they can breed like crazy. Twi’leks can inter-breed with many other species. And female Twi'leks are considered beautiful and desirable by many others races.” She said with a little smile. “As a result, there are half human, half twi’leks and half vulcan and half twi’leks and so on.”

“Interesting” Zosh said. “But what about those tails on your head?” He asked

“Oh, I can use them to pick things up.” Loka answered as she picked up her dinner fork with her appendage. “They're also used to communicate, in the form of various gestures. Kind of like shrugging your shoulders. I can insult you or thank you with them” Her head appendages wiggled at Zosh

“What was that? An Insult or a thank you?” Zosh asked

Loka giggled “You just need to figure that out for yourself”

The Dinner

Hora made the final finishing touches on her dinner table. She placed a personalized name card at each place setting. She lit the decorative candles. They were real and she felt made the room feel cozier and more welcoming. She had dimmed the lights in her quarters. She adjusted the table runner, played with the flower arrangements particularly the large earth Sunflowers. She thought those made such a bold statement. Checked the Napkin Rings.

“Everything is ready” she said to herself. She walked into her bedroom and glanced in the mirror. She was wearing her traditional female orion outfit. Bikini top and bottom. Nothing else, to include no shoes.

https://rule34.xxx/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=6237007

“Dark Fire… when are they arriving?” Hora asked

“They should arrive at any moment” Dark Fire replied.

“Good” Hora said and walked out of her bedroom and closed the door.

Stardate 29870518.2000

At least the day had been slow, and the Alien Bioship hadn’t altered course or speed. The Medical team a had used micro-bursts of Gamma Radiation to elicit a response from the Genetic rewriting of the Vulcan Marine. The results had been catastrophic. The Marine was now at 75%... other. To forestall any further alterations, he’d been placed in Cryostasis and maximum force-fields.

When Commander Reeves and Doctor L’Sa Arrived at the Captain quarters, they were both dressed nicely, though they were not in uniform they had agreed on more formal attire. It was a Dinner with the Captain after all. While Reeves wore an all-black body suit and robe, while L’Sa wore a matching outfit in light blue.

No responses from anyone at Deep Star 9, or anyone on any Fleet Comm Channel. Diplomatic Channels were quiet as well. Not even merchant chatter, it’s like they were being blocked, or cut off from the rest of the universe.

Touching the ‘doorbell’ to the Captain’s quarters they waited.

Hora

The door to Hora’s quarters opened and Reeves and L’Sa noses were met with the smell of a classic human Thanksgiving dinner. They could see a cooked turkey, gravy, stuffing, potatoes, veggies, and pumpkin pie. Hora had a bottle of wine on the table, but also non-alcohol sprinkling cider.

“Welcome, please come in” Hora said. Reeves was a bit surprised by Hora’s outfit as his eyes widen. However, L’Sa, being a Vulcan showed no reaction.

“Wow, don’t you two look nice!” Hora complimented both of them. “Please have a seat and we can begin this “thank you” meal.

End of the first date

Zosh took Loka back to her quarters. He was so surprised by how much fun the whole experience was. He had never interacted much with warm-bloods on a social basis. Now, he was kind of sorry he had not. This dating was similar to the first part of the croco-lamia courtship so that did not surprise him. But the asking for a date, and then the danger of the date… one wrong word might end it, was like a hunt. That part thrilled him. He definitely wanted to go on another date.

“Thank you, Loka for a wonderful time” he told her.

“I enjoyed it too” Loka said, positioning herself for a goodnight kiss.

“Well, good night then” Zosh said.

“Ah, don’t you want to kiss me?” Loka asked

“I… not sure that would be pleasant for you” He said. His mouth was full of fangs, like a crocodilian. “How about a hug and a head slap?” he asked

“Ok” Loka agreed with a smile.

Zosh hugged her and banged his hand against hers. She collapsed to the floor. Knocked out cold!

Stardate 29870518.2000

Stepping through the doorway, L’Sa paused like she’d hit a wall. Her face went slightly pale before she continued. “I apologize I was not anticipating the variety of aromas.” And that was saying something as she’d taken a numbing agent early. She’d heard of Orion spices and was prepared for that, not the full spectrum of Orion residence spices and a Human dinner.

If Cmdr. Reeves eyes reacted is was because he’d been under the understanding that she would be dressed normally for this event, and that she’d have these pieces of fabric available if L’Sa had chosen to observe the Orion Dance.

Moving to the table they sat, and although what they ate was well prepared, they didn’t eat the turkey at all nor drink the alcohol. Both drank the cider instead, or water.

Stardate 29870518.1400

Walking the halls with a Security tricorder Tyrande tracked DNA particulates from The Ensign from the Airlock where she’d been found back to the scene of the attack.

Marking both locations he then tracked the Caitian from the airlock beck to his origin point, the residue of Nepeta cataria (Catnip). Was everywhere that pilot walked.

“Dark Fire, isolate and secure any and all sources of Nepeta cataria, transport them to a secure cell in Security. Log origin point and quantity for the collection.”

“Of course, sir,” Dark Fire replied as he shimmered into view. “May I inquire why you are doing this by hand and not having me assist you?”

“Can’t rely on you for everything, and sometimes I like to keep myself busy. Not every ship has an AI as skilled as yourself.”

“I see,” The AI replied watching the Zabrax at work.

“Dark Fire, what’s this component?” Tyrande asked, indicating an element on the tricorder.

“Unknown.”

Pausing for a moment Tyrande looked at Dark Fire’s holo image. “Unknown?”

“Correct.”

“How is an element Unknown?”

"I don't know what it is." Dark Fire replied

(Edited due to my stupidity)

Last edited:
Zosh

Zosh walked into medical with Lt Bumme under one of his arms. It was an impressive display of strength but Zosh was not in a “showing off” mood. He felt pretty bad about damaging Loka. Carrying her under his arm was just the quickest way to get her to medical.

He reported to the on duty medical officer.

“Head injury” He stated to the medical officer “I knocked her out during a hug”

“Place her on the medical bed” The medical officer instructed. Based on Zosh height and Loka, and where the bump on her head was… The officer added “I’m not sure you know how to give hugs!”

“I think you are right.” Zosh admitted

Kidnapped Catnip

Shino and Riley were hanging out in his quarters. Sharing the beer and talking. Shino of course was smoking some catnip. He had offered it to Riley, but she declined.

“That’s cool” He said. Then as he got ready to take another hit, there was a transporter sound. And his joint disappeared.

“Bummer!’ Shino moaned “The man keeps hounding me! So uncool”

“The man?” Riley asked

“Aegeri” Shino explained. He grabbed another beer and popped it open.

Hora

Dinner had been nice if a little strained. Commander Reeves explained to Hora the difference between thanksgiving, an earth holiday and a “thank you” gift. Nevertheless, he did appreciate the effort she had gone through. Although, both of them did not drink, Hora did. It made her a little looser and “fun”.

As they finished up their pumpkin pie, Hora grew serious for a moment.

“Reeves and Dr L’Sa, this ship and the senior officers will be tested soon. It is critical that we trust each other. I know this dinner seems silly, but I want to foster communication between us. It is a great way to build trust. Another way is to be transparent.” She glanced down at her outfit. “My outfit is a literal statement there, but I have been open with the Vulcans and both of you. This team-building activity, and if you wish… my dance… is a way to get to know each other in a fun and safe environment. I’m showing you my appreciation via this dinner. Finally, I have exhibited leadership qualities I wish each of you to follow.” Hora said. “I hope you feel you can trust me.

“Now, I have screened this room away from Dark Fire. I will tell you, in review of recent events, I think the AI might be involved with some of our problems. Here is my evidence.

• The AI knew all about Ensign Cooks research and discovery that Captain Marcus death might not have been an accident.
  • The messages from deep star 9, involved arresting people “for the murder” of Captain Marcus. But only I and Ensign Cook knew that.
  • Ensign Cook’s attack. She was not killed… but threaten. Why? Someone should have killed her. I think Dark Fire has difficulty in killing a member of the crew. I think the marine that attacker her was a holoprojection
Thoughts?

Last edited:
Stardate 29870518.2030

“All of those are logical explanations,” Dr. L’Sa commented as she sipped her cider.

“Alternatively,” Reeves said. “Dark Fire is capable of processing a number of calculations per second and simultaneously that I can’t give you the number. I’m not even sure The Chief Engineer could.”

“Having a secondary individual, newly arrived aboard, begin re-investigating the death of Captain Marcus would draw a potential conclusion that you believe he was murdered. Every tricorder scan gets processed by the Dark Fire. If you turn on a water faucet, he regulates the water pressure. Anyone waking down a hallway is scanned and processed to verify they are in an authorized location.”

“Messages from Deep Star 9 state the Captain was Murdered. How did the Deep Star Base know the Captain was Murdered? Perhaps someone there ordered it and they made a mistake. It’s far easier for biological life form to make a mistake than it is for The Dark Fire to misspeak or make a mistake.”

“As for the Ensign’s attack, possible to warn her off? Perhaps the attacker wanted her to die slowly? I don’t read minds, so I don’t know why.”

“As for using a holoprojection, Dark Fire can and has used Holo projects to kill individuals that have threatened the safety and security of the crew. The situation was rather unique, but the safety protocols can be subverted by Dark Fire.”

“Eight months ago, we were attacked by a cloaked Borg scout vessel. They beamed their crew aboard while we were beaming crew up from the surface of a planet. The Borg managed to cut wires and disable blast doors, effective blocking crew from rescue.”

“Dark Fire took initiative and generated Holograms of soldiers with Heavy weapons and eliminated the Borg attackers.”

“Don’t get me wrong, it is completely feasible, and as my wife says, Logical. But if Dark Fire is part of this conspiracy, I would need more deviance than what you have. So far, it’s guesswork at best. Hell, maybe The Marine was going to kill the Ensign but couldn’t do to something else we don’t know about.”

“My question is, why didn’t the Ensign open the airlock from the inside, after the Marine left?”

Stardate 29870518.1600
Security Center
Chief of Security Office

Lt Cmdr. Tyrande Ægeri:
Sitting back The Security Chief sighed and rubbed his horns. He hated arguing with the Ship. Whomever had put the safeguards on this element had gone so far beyond reason it was scary. And that was something coming from an alien that most humans assumed was a demon from their myths.

Deep analysis of the element indicated it was metallic. He’d even managed to collect a sample of the element weighing only 0.00006 micrograms. He'd called The Chief Engineer to be at his office at 1800 hours for 'technical reasons'. But hopefully once he was there, they could get to the bottom of this.

Once they had an isotope scan, they could match it against any known substance, and a few hundred theoretical ones.

On a sudden hunch he went to the cargo bay where the evidence from the Captains’ death was located and did a scan there as well, for the same material.

“Fuck me,” he said to himself resealing the evidence. Collecting it he carried it to his office and put it under a security grid.

Going to sick bay he looked around for the Ensign, grinding his teeth he asked. "Dark Fire, where's Ensign Cook?"

"Ensign Cook is with Lt. Commander Shino Mc’Leo in his quarters." Dark Fire replied.

Storming out Aegeri walked the halls to the Pilots area until he got to the appropriate door. Taping the door buzzer he was still grinding his teeth when it opened. Looking at the two of them he asked, “Ensign Cook, I’m sorry to bother you while your resting, but have you been in Cargo Delta 8? Recently, in the last day or two?”

Maybe she’d accidentally transferred it from the Cargo Bay, but then why was she bypassing security protocols, and how? Her security codes didn’t give her that access.

Blinking he paused for a breath as he listed to her answer, his brain finally process just how much Nepeta cataria had been in the cell as he’d walked past. Time to have a conversation with all the feline species on board again. And put the plant on the forbidden list.

He didn’t mind a few onces here and there, but some of those had been kilo size bricks. Fucking transporter jockeys.

Last edited:
Ensign Cook

“No Lt Commander, I have not been in Cargo Delta 8” Riley answered

“She totally answered your questions, bro. Chillin', you gotta bounce out of here. Snagging all my catnip, so uncool man! That's totally part of my vibe! Stop harshin' on my vibe!” Shino said

Hora

“Yes, I know it weak.” Hora said in frustration. “Just let me know when we complete the tests on Dark Fire. If there is something going on, those tests should reveal it” she said to Reeves.

“I agree we need more information. Security owes me a report on all senior personnel. The Vulcan owe me a report on what they might have uncovered. Astrogation owes me a report on how, when and who changed those charts. Hopefully all the passcodes and entry keys have been changed.” Hora said from memory.

“In the meantime, the biological is our immediate concern. We need to figure out how to communicate with it. All we know right now is that it is hungry and want to go to the Deneb el Okab star system.” Hora stated. “Why that system? The suns are not really special. So maybe it is one of the planets? Or the people there…” Hora said as she started to think along those lines.

“Enough work talk. Now, back to the fun. Did you wish me to perform a dance, Dr L’Sa?” Hora asked Reeves wife.

Stardate 29870518.1615
Lt Cmdr. Tyrande Ægeri:

Looking over at the Caitain Ty just stared at him for a moment, unblinkingly before he returned his attention to the Ensign. “Interesting, during my investigation I came across a material I have yet to identify. It was at the scene of the attack on you and in the Cargo Bay near some Evidence in another matter.”

“You may return to.. chillin’.” He said looking at Shino.

Stardate 29870518.2100
“Although I have seen Holo vids of the dance, and am curious about it’s cultural significance, other than attempting to obtain a mate, I have not seen it in person.” L’Sa replied, “I’m sure it would be rather interesting to observe.”

Stardate 29870519.0400
Lt Cmdr. Tyrande Ægeri:

Sending copies of the report to the Captain and the XO, Tyrande at back. Everyone was clean. No deviations in any of their background reports from any source, including the Captain. Which made it even more peculiar why she was commanding this ship. A middling science nobody suddenly in charge of what was probably the most power warship in the fleet? The only other ship even close to The Dark Fire in power and capabilities was the USS Theurgy and they were in another quadrant. Why hadn’t Captain Hora been transferred to the Edison, Heinlein, Pascal, Ruminof, Einstein, Chevalier or any number of other Scientific Research vessels in need of a Captain. But the orders had come down the Chain from the Admiralty office. And signed by Vice Admiral Roanoke using his handwriting, Digital, DNA, Voice, and Ocular scan. And the fact that he’d had signed the orders was weird, but not against regulations. And Days later the Vice Admiral was dead of a Brain Aneurysm.

But then came the question of Commander Reeves, he’d been up for promotion so many times since arriving on the Dark Fire the fact that Captain Hora did it without authorization, making it a field promotion instead was puzzling. Tracking that down he’d run into a roadblock. According to records, everything had gone to Thirty-First Fleet Command, and then Seventh Feet had denied the Promotions.

It’s like they were trying to get him to request a transfer to another ship so someone else could be put in command. But there were so many possibilities of who the next XO could have been, it would take the Dark Fire to track it down, if then.

But it came down that the Senior staff was cleared. And the entire Bridge Crew. And they’d all been switched to biometric encoding. No more keys to type or passcodes to remember. Bio scanners verified the identity constantly.

Stardate 29870519.0600
2nd Lt McGee
Astrophysics

Retro-dating a billion squared star charts to previous versions had been interesting and that was an understatement. Then they’d gone through every update they’d received from the Deep Star Base and checked them against the maps they had.

Then checking against any maps uploaded by other ships at the Base. It had taken a crew of thirty and the local Astrogation system over thirty hours to find out what was going on.

Two updates had been compromised, Deep Star Base 9 and the IKS Vor’Cha Class Toh’Kaht, Command of Captain Tel-Pah, First Officer Han-Tihl, Medical Officer Kee-Bhor, Gamma Quadrant.

The problem was that the Toh’Kaht had been reported destroyed in 2369, so where had it been for 618 years? And no Klingon on record had ever lived that long. So how were they still alive?

According to the official Report, Approximately three weeks after departure from Deep Space 9, the Toh'Kaht returned through the wormhole a month ahead of schedule. Immediately after clearing the mouth of the wormhole, the vessel exploded. Further investigations found that the ship had been sabotaged and was destroyed from the detonation of a thalmerite device on a beam near the ship's reactor core. Hon'Tihl was the only survivor of the explosion, but died shortly after beaming to the station.

The Official report had been signed off by then Captain Daniel MacPherson, Commanding Officer of Deep Space 9, the only person to speak with Hon’Tihl before his death.

Stardate 29870519.0500
Ambassador M’Chel:

Nobody was giving her any information on any diplomatic channel, it was like she was persona non grata. She didn’t exist anymore. She had one very old very quiet back channel that she’d tried and the only response she’d gotten back had been critique.

P’Jem Holodeck.

But P’Jem was a Place of Vulcan Meditation, it was a Monastery. It didn’t have Holodeck. It didn’t even have a EMH on file. Yes it had once been a listening post to spy on Andoria, but that had ended centuries ago.

That had been the results of another Experimental ship with a human Captain and a Vulcan science officer. Sha Ka Ree! Grabbing a data pad she made a quick search Query: P’Jem. First Human.

Looking at the file she nodded. Of course!

Hora

Hora stood up and walked over to the comms panel. She started the music and began dancing.

“The dance is a uniquely feminine and personal expression for an Orion woman.” Hora explained as her hips moved and her belly quivered. “It contains life experiences, desires and emotions.” She added as she got closer to Reeves. But she did not touch him as he had told her did not like that.

“The dance is more impactful if I were to release pheromone” Hora explained as she was now dancing around Dr L’Sa. “However, Vulcans and those males that have slept with Vulcan are immune to it’s effects.” She explained as she jiggled her large breasts at Dr L’Sa.

“As I’m sure you are aware, although it appears as women are commonly slaves in orion society, this is not true. Female slaves actually control the male masters they serve. Sort of the power behind the throne you see commonly in human history.”

Her hands and arms moving like snakes as she gracefully moved back to Reeves.

“Where the dance comes from is not known… But it is commonly believed that early orion culture believed in a divine goddess. Women were thus worshiped as life-givers. The dance was in honor of the goddess.”

The music started to move faster, and so did Hora. Her prefect back and ass now on display as her hips moved faster and faster. Her flow was so easy and seamless. It was erotic, but also beautiful.

“The dance can speak to birth, womanhood, seduction, and even mourning” Hora explained as the song ended. Hora stopped dancing and added “I hope you found it interesting” she said to Dr L’Sa.

Stardate 29870518.2130

Watching the Dance Dr. L’Sa paid attention, almost like she was dissecting the motions of hands and hips. Placement of feet and rhythm. Once it was complete and the music had ended, she did find it necessary to speak. “Very fascinating performance. Intriguing perhaps. Only Bonded males are unaffected. The act is sleeping is insufficient to prevent the Pheromone allure. And not all Vulcan males are Bonded.”

“So, if you did seek a Vulcan Male, just find one without a mate.” She suggested, though the way her eyebrow rose it seemed more like a very encouraging suggestion. “It’s also my understanding that the Female Orion Pheromone works on females of other species as well. Including unbonded Vulcan females. If you’d like I can run a genome sequencing to determine which species are more ‘compliant’ to your specific pheromones.”

The way Dr. L’Sa – Reeves wife – was approaching this was more like a science experiment. Or a Sociological one. Perhaps Xenopsychological?

Back