Voices In The Hangout

TheEarl said:
I hate my voice. I really do. Have you any idea how long it's taken me to record something that I'm even remotely comfortable with sharing. I pity the people who have to listen to it all day.

The (now very depressed) Earl

awe! It was great! I hate my voice, too, so I understand = )

Thanks for sharing, though <hugs>

Hmmmmmmm

Chicklet said:
awe! It was great! I hate my voice, too, so I understand = )

Thanks for sharing, though <hugs>

Nothing wrong with either of your voices, don't be embarrassed, you're both young and have young and pleasant voices, wait until you're a croaky old git like me before you worry too much.

Oh I don't worry about my country drawl, if you aren't careful I'll post some more of it, hehe!!!

pops..........:D

I tried

but even my .zip file is too large.

I'll try again but no promises.

Og

¡Maravilloso! ¡Encantador!

This is a wonderful thread. I will have to record something in return. Just my opinions:

Most virile: SMUK
Sexy femme: Wicked
Soothing: Pops
Alluringingly youthful*: Earl

I loved them all though. How nice to have a voice to match the writing.

hasta luego, Perdita :rose:

*that's a compliment, I want more.

Thanks Pear...I think. Alluringly youthful. I'm not sure whether to be flattered or not :D. Could be a euphemism for 'Does your mammy know your out?'

The Earl

there's no emoticon face on lit for the pain and horror i'm feeling for not being given a special title for my voice

sob

TheEarl said:
Thanks Pear...I think. Alluringly youthful. I'm not sure whether to be flattered or not :D. Could be a euphemism for 'Does your mammy know your out?'
Earl, you booby, it's a compliment. Your voice does sound youthful (NOT juvenile) and I found it alluring particularly as I could detect your anxiety and hesitation within it; then I was more aroused by the fact that you actually posted it, i.e., a valient young man.

Your Pear

p.s. I have a passion for the human voice (spoken or sung).

Chicklet said:
there's no emoticon face on lit for the pain and horror i'm feeling for not being given a special title for my voice sob
Chiqita Chicklet: and there's none for my embarrassment at leaving you out.

Sweetiepuss: you are youthfully vibrant and sweet.

xo's, Perdita :heart:

p.s. to Earl

I turn on the tube last night for background noise while writing and "Scrubs" is just starting. Put the old lapdog down and got turned on every moment Cox spoke and made all those goofy faces. Thanks for the personal inspiration. Pear*

*btw, I am NOT pear-shaped (if it matters to anyone).

I must say that I adore Earl's and SMUK's accents. Be still my little lecherous heart!

The poem is Mirage by Christina Rossetti and yes, I sound stupid, but at least my hick accent is no longer pronounced.

Clicking will get you a "do ya wanna download?" thing.

Muffie's voice

KM

Verrrrrry sexy and appealing reading Muff; your voice matches your AV (sexy and appealing)

Thank you, Pear

Thank you, Perdita.

Oh my goodness, Ogg, how'd I miss yours the first time around? I admit that I couldn't really understand half of it, but I think it was because of the barking dogs chasing around my house. I'll try again when I find my earphones.

Perdita the Voice

Edited because first recording was too big

Last edited by a moderator:
She mentioned me! She mentioned me! *doing happy dance*
You've got a nice, dark voice, Perdi! Like female version of Alan!

Wowie zowie (old Amer. expression)

Svenskaflicka said:
You've got a nice, dark voice, Perdi! Like female version of Alan!
Omigod! What a f***ing fine compliment.

Hope he hears it. I just know he's a Lit. member but cannot figure out his disguise. Do you think it's Pops? Earl? SmUK? They could easily have had someone else record their voices. Omigod, it can't be MG!

Pear: As smooth as the first pint of beer after a rugby match. Nice voice. It's weird, I'd always thought of your name as being pronounced Perdita rather than Perdita. Just my randomness.

I am Alan Rickman. No, I am Alan Rickman. :D

The Earl

Re: Wowie zowie (old Amer. expression)

perdita said:
Omigod! What a f***ing fine compliment.

Hope he hears it. I just know he's a Lit. member but cannot figure out his disguise. Do you think it's Pops? Earl? SmUK? They could easily have had someone else record their voices. Omigod, it can't be MG!

Actually... it's me. That's why I don't put my voice in here - too many people would recognize me. That beautiful, sexy girl in the AV? Have no idea who she is. Just a photo I found on a very interesting and well done home page. It had a lot of great things to say about the books that are currently being filmed with ME in them...

Back