What are your favorite stories here on lit?

Thanks Earl!

I really feel honored to get a mention in this list. Thanks Earl! I hope you all enjoy.

JJ1

My favorite would have to be Nessus.
I also like Little Miss Blair, SpeechMaster, Nikki H., and Humpty.

I've left off my faves that post to the Alt.sex.stories newsgroup.

The author whose work prompted me to explore Lit was Max Sebastian. His stories are always technically tight with some beautiful prose and good characters. Also, his stuff is usually dripping with romance, which I love :)

Riven___Caulfield is someone to watch for. My favorite of his is Castles Made of Sand, which demonstrates his unique prose and unflinching ability to create characters riddled with flaws and weaknesses (just like real people!) And yet, as you read, you're always taken into some other realm. Also, check out his delightfully sneering satire, Number 1 Cliche. It's a hilarious send-up of the average "stroke" story.

I love markyoni's sense of humor. Erotic tales, yes. Funny, yes. Me like.

Can't help mentioning DFiant . His stuff is always a treat.

Thank you, M.A. Thompson, for mentioning A Memory of Red as one of your faves. :D I'm honored, especially since your A Promise for Keeping is one of my favorite short stories EVER, from any site or story mag anywhere.

Speaking of Ray Dario, whatever happened to that literary metalhead? He's been conscpicuously absent from the boards of late. And he might argue this, but I thought he was a good influence. ;)

Two new stories...

that I really liked -

For Love of Snow White by deliciously_naughty - I'd list the things I liked about this one, but they're just too many. This story made me laugh, smile, shake my head... let's just say I got totally into it. I think I'm in love with it. One of my favourite sentences - "It is dangerous to petition the Gods, for they are full of whimsy and may just give you what you request." And that's just one of my favourites... why can't I write something like this? DN, can I use it in my sig. line?? :D

The Machete by Xtaabay - I love the descriptions in this story. The way she describes the surroundings makes me feel as if I'm right there, looking at the story unfolding before my eyes. Do read her poems too, they're great!

Last edited:
DP...wow, thanks for the praise! I'm really proud of that story...and totally feel free to use the quote in your sig line.

Back