What have you posted recently?

After many months stuck in neutral, or doing little more than word tinkering, I submitted today, May the Best Lover Win.

It’s two narratives of an erotic encounter, told concurrently from the perspective of both individuals involved. So two stories, albeit intertwined.

Honesty Above All went up in LW a couple of days ago, and it seems to be doing pretty decently so far.
I finished reading that today. (It was a slow read due to the lack of sex.)

Good story. But I found it to be a somewhat typical BTB story, although, it was very well thought out in showing both the husband and wife's infidelities. That seemed to make it more real. I did like that it wasn't really a burn for her in the end, but more a 'going separate ways.' I think my disappointment was his hooking up with the younger intern at the end that was the letdown by relying on the usual BTB trope.

I wish it didn't bother me, but it does. My whole life I've just wanted to make everyone happy, I usually fail.

And honestly it's not to make me feel good, I just want people to be happy.
If I've learned nothing else in 71 years, it's that someone, somewhere, will take offence to whatever you do, say or write.
I can't be bothered to give them any satisfaction anymore.

My latest story is an homage to the late Terry Pratchett
It takes place on his discworld, in one book he mentioned the existence of the Enchantress but he never touched the subject again. So I wrote the story, Enchantress, without fully explaining what an Enchantress truly is. I guess you'll have to wait for Enchantress 2

I wish it didn't bother me, but it does. My whole life I've just wanted to make everyone happy, I usually fail.

And honestly it's not to make me feel good, I just want people to be happy.

Actually it is to make you feel good, and I don't mean this as an insult or to put you in your place at all. Let me dissect your own words. It bothers you. That means that it doesn't feel good. You have to make someone else happy in order to feel good, or at least feel better, but it's impossible to make someone else happy (unless they let you, but even that is their choice not yours) since everyone is in control of their own feelings whether they know it or not. So 'making' someone happy is a vain pursuit. That leaves getting positive feedback to feel good as your sole motive. That's all that there is left here, see?

We've all heard the world famous poem by John McCrae In Flanders Fields. Every November 11th this poem is recited all over the world as a plea for peace. Not many know that McCrae, an officer in the Canadian Army wrote the poem with the intention of inspiring young men to enlist. He was actually pro-war! However, history has a different opinion and interpretation of his poem entirely. His poem now stands for peace. He wanted war but he got the opposite and there's nothing he can do about that. Why? Because people's opinions are their own and they will decide what they feel on their own and your intentions and your feelings will not factor in their decisions.

Now, getting to your story, if you need other people to validate it in order for you to feel good, you are placing your self-esteem in the opinions of others, and as you can see, the opinions of others can be all over the map. Therefore, there is a very good chance that your feedback could be all over the map and therefore your self-esteem will be all over the map. You are in full control of your feelings and you are deciding to hand that control over to random public opinion. You are literally disempowering your self and your self-esteem, see?

Your own grave concern stated in the previous post is that you're worried that people will hate your work, so you have already placed your feelings in the hands of the random public, see?

Red Tsonia & The Jungles of Madness.

Another fun collab with dear friend LoquiSordidaAdMe. My sixth contribution to Geek Pride and my third stab at Howard-esque sword and sorcery. It came out pretty good considering the last-minute crunch to wrap it up.

Score is damn good, comments are sparse. Either people give up halfway through or the mind control/tentacles/furry triple whammy is a bit too eclectic. One commenter bemoaned the lack of gangbangs - but we had a three-plus-voyeur-some in the first Tsonia story and we tried to avoid repetition.

Red Tsonia & The Jungles of Madness.

Another fun collab with dear friend LoquiSordidaAdMe. My sixth contribution to Geek Pride and my third stab at Howard-esque sword and sorcery. It came out pretty good considering the last-minute crunch to wrap it up.

Score is damn good, comments are sparse. Either people give up halfway through or the mind control/tentacles/furry triple whammy is a bit too eclectic. One commenter bemoaned the lack of gangbangs - but we had a three-plus-voyeur-some in the first Tsonia story and we tried to avoid repetition.
I'm gonna read the first one first. It's in my short list. Yeah, I made a second reading list called 'Reading Now' because my 'to read' has over 500 things tossed in.

You know what? Today's the day. Top of the queue. I just read The Scarlet Citadel yesterday so the mood has been set.

This one was a long time coming, but it's good to have it in the wild at last:

The Light Between The Trees

This was the one I nearly canned the publish. Decided to put tags, warnings and then, uh, the MC Chloe took matters into her own hands, breaking the fourth wall with:

"No matter what happens from here, remember one thing: I'm not forcing you to read this. You could have bailed out at any time. You've been warned. From this point, if I do something that pisses you off or triggers you or freaks you the fuck out, the blame's on you. The exit is over there, please don't let it hit you on the ass on your way out, motherfucker."

Let's see if I still get comments about not being someone's cup of tea after all that :cool:

I posted the third part of Cultural Exchanges. It’s been like 5 months since I posted the last one, and I was feeling guilty. I had originally planned to use the series as a palate cleanser between darker stuff, but I guess I just have a pitch black heart; it took multiple requests by readers and me working on a NC/R story to get me to continue it. I hope the folks that have been following the story like it, but I’ve done two of the worst things I could do in Romance: made a chapter that’s almost entirely about sex and made it about anal.

I posted the third part of Cultural Exchanges. It’s been like 5 months since I posted the last one, and I was feeling guilty. I had originally planned to use the series as a palate cleanser between darker stuff, but I guess I just have a pitch black heart; it took multiple requests by readers and me working on a NC/R story to get me to continue it. I hope the folks that have been following the story like it, but I’ve done two of the worst things I could do in Romance: made a chapter that’s almost entirely about sex and made it about anal.
Warning warning you have two minutes to get to minimum safe distance

Back